Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Whats the Deal with Mo Southern Football????

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Whats the Deal with Mo Southern Football????

Does anyone Care about the program? Should I just Become NewGorillaFan it seems like it would be more worth the drive.

They just hired 6 new coaches and today I heard their DC is leaving for a HIgh School job.

No OC - No DC

0-11 last season in 3rd year of Head Coach

Every member of the staff has left only Head Coach remains.

I keep thinking that they are going to make a change and give us something to be excited about but 0-11 in 2018 seems certain.

I am sure someone will come on here and say I should be more positive to support the kids. I WANT TO SUPPORT THE KIDS that is why I am posting how is this fair to them it would be better to not have a team then to give them this train wreck. Wasting their college and athletic exiperence. I am sure its a lot of fun taking bus rides to schools and programs that are committed to get beat in a game you never had a chance at because the people in charge never gave you a chance.

Re: So Whats the Deal with Mo Southern Football????

Anyone? I am just curious there are no responses does that mean:

1) I am wrong so no one is interested

or

2) Thats the state of Lion Football program - plain and simple no one is interested.

Comment

Comment

NewLionFan - Hang in there man,,,,,we all feel your pain. Nobody on the message board wants to pile on the Lion's football misfortune. The coaching situation is really weird. You have to wonder about the level of support and commitment from the athletic director and the university president. I know they have plans for a new stadium which looked great in the drawings. That would really help lift the program, but who knows when the funds will be available. Hopefully some of the Mo South posters will jump in here with some input.

Comment

I think they will explore a new conference at some point. They are not making any effort to become a competitor in this one.

Comment

I know you're joking about becoming a Pitt fan, but I worked with a guy who played a couple years for Southern, but later became a Pitt regular because the tailgating was so fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
              I know you're joking about becoming a Pitt fan, but I worked with a guy who played a couple years for Southern, but later became a Pitt regular because the tailgating was so fun.
              Even as a die-hard Bearcat fan, if I lived close to Pittsburg, I would go Pitt St. football games for the tailgate. The best hands down.
              Go Hounds!
              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
              Cyclone Power
              ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by NewLionFan View Post
                Anyone? I am just curious there are no responses does that mean:

1) I am wrong so no one is interested

or

2) Thats the state of Lion Football program - plain and simple no one is interested.
                This same thread has come up before on here and many opinions about it. But at this point MSSU football may have crossed the point of no return, it is just so bad. I feel like it will not get better until the entire philosophy is changed beginning with the President and the Faculty. Dr. Leon killed your football program, and for the term that is used so much today, has instilled a "deep state" within the system to resist anything that will lead to a successful program in fear of losing emphasis on the liberal arts. (i.e. piano competitions)

Comment

Ok so here's some insight. Coaching situation is the school is sticking with Coach Denver. He's attempting to build a program from the not only the ground up, but from subterranean ashes up. Going about 90+ percent the high school route. A few juco/D1 transfer here and there. He was hired in April of 2015. This will be his 4th season on the sideline, but only really starting his 3rd season with his recruits. This will also only be his 3rd season with his choices for assistant coaches. Traditionally D2 assist coaches come and go constantly. Some are younger coaches following opportunity and money. Some are older coaches chasing a last opportunity. The recruiting of players has been going pretty good considering the situation. Last season as far as maturity goes, the team really was only a juco team at best. Mostly frosh and sophs. The experience they have gained, though ass beatings will pay off. The constant struggle of trying to form a culture and atmosphere in Joplin for anything is extremely tough. Even harder with a struggling program that is simply trying to get toe hold. Hopefully a few wins will come our way this season. I know 3 or 4 wins for most teams would be hard to swallow, but it would be a sign of going in the right direction for MOSO. The stadium as mentioned earlier by a Central fan is spot on. It will be a gem for the school and conference when the last of the money gets organized. It's really close from what I understand. The stadium could be a huge shot in the arm for the program and future recruits when it comes to fruition.

Comment

One can never truly know how things will go. Maybe the thrashings last year pays off this year. Perhaps their recruiting turns out even better than anticipated. I'd like to point to teams like Lake Erie, Clarion, and Tiffin who were just dismal for a long time and then suddenly had a year or two where they were surprisingly quite good.
                    Yeah, there may have been an extra high turnover rate at MoSo but don't give up the kids. They just might surprise you. I'd expect probably 3 wins this year. More next year and then, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Lion Pride Alum View Post
                      Ok so here's some insight. Coaching situation is the school is sticking with Coach Denver. He's attempting to build a program from the not only the ground up, but from subterranean ashes up. Going about 90+ percent the high school route. A few juco/D1 transfer here and there. He was hired in April of 2015. This will be his 4th season on the sideline, but only really starting his 3rd season with his recruits. This will also only be his 3rd season with his choices for assistant coaches. Traditionally D2 assist coaches come and go constantly. Some are younger coaches following opportunity and money. Some are older coaches chasing a last opportunity. The recruiting of players has been going pretty good considering the situation. Last season as far as maturity goes, the team really was only a juco team at best. Mostly frosh and sophs. The experience they have gained, though ass beatings will pay off. The constant struggle of trying to form a culture and atmosphere in Joplin for anything is extremely tough. Even harder with a struggling program that is simply trying to get toe hold. Hopefully a few wins will come our way this season. I know 3 or 4 wins for most teams would be hard to swallow, but it would be a sign of going in the right direction for MOSO. The stadium as mentioned earlier by a Central fan is spot on. It will be a gem for the school and conference when the last of the money gets organized. It's really close from what I understand. The stadium could be a huge shot in the arm for the program and future recruits when it comes to fruition.
                      I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. 90+% HS? Roster is littered with transfers, and has been since he arrived. They're nowhere close.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post
                        I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. 90+% HS? Roster is littered with transfers, and has been since he arrived. They're nowhere close.
                        You might want to look at current players, active and scout team. The program is bigger than its ever been with like 125+ kids involved. 30+ high school kids each season coming into the program since he's been there. Transfers are needed in any program for immediate needs like any other program, but coach heavily recruits high school first.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion Pride Alum View Post
                          You might want to look at current players, active and scout team. The program is bigger than its ever been with like 125+ kids involved. 30+ high school kids each season coming into the program since he's been there. Transfers are needed in any program for immediate needs like any other program, but coach heavily recruits high school first.

Comment

I guess it depends what your definition of "getting there" is. Getting more HS players than the earlier classes? Sure, you showed that in what you posted. Getting closer to winning? There is zero proof of that. You can't go 0-11 in your third season and tell me progress is being made.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post
                              I guess it depends what your definition of "getting there" is. Getting more HS players than the earlier classes? Sure, you showed that in what you posted. Getting closer to winning? There is zero proof of that. You can't go 0-11 in your third season and tell me progress is being made.
                              I am not suggesting progress is being made. I am suggesting that the numbers show they (MSSU) are getting closer to what the original poster was suggesting already exists and trying to be nice about it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X