Clear All

• NW Announces 3 Finalists for AD Position

http://www.newspressnow.com/sports/n...e0d39336b.html
    Go Hounds!
    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
    Cyclone Power
    ERAU Eagles Soar

Re: NW Announces 3 Finalists for AD Position

Guessing Peterson, but who knows? Maybe NW surprises me and hires somebody with no NW ties.
    Go Hounds!
    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
    Cyclone Power
    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Comment

Impressive list!

Comment

AP is the new Athletic Director.

https://www.nwmissouri.edu/media/new...icdirector.htm

Comment

Comment

Weigh in Bearcats...was it the smart pick, the emotional pick, or both?

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                Congrats to him but I think this is a mistake. I would have gone with one of the outside guys. I can appreciate NW trying to keep NW ties but at some point in time the inbreeding becomes too much and the program suffers.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                  Congrats to him but I think this is a mistake. I would have gone with one of the outside guys. I can appreciate NW trying to keep NW ties but at some point in time the inbreeding becomes too much and the program suffers.

Would tend to agree with Wall Street.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                      Weigh in Bearcats...was it the smart pick, the emotional pick, or both?
                      Both. He has the personality, knowledge, and skills for the position. I think the other 2 candidates looked good on paper but there were some concerns that became prevalent with each through the interview process. The biggest complaint was his lack of experience as the head guy. Know who else didn't have experience as the head guy when they took over-- AD, Rich Wright, Mac. 2 of those have turned out to be pretty damn good at their jobs and 1 is TBD. Taking the known quantity with ties to NW has worked many times in the past, we'll see how it works for Andy but I think he'll do great.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                        Both. He has the personality, knowledge, and skills for the position. I think the other 2 candidates looked good on paper but there were some concerns that became prevalent with each through the interview process. The biggest complaint was his lack of experience as the head guy. Know who else didn't have experience as the head guy when they took over-- AD, Rich Wright, Mac. 2 of those have turned out to be pretty damn good at their jobs and 1 is TBD. Taking the known quantity with ties to NW has worked many times in the past, we'll see how it works for Andy but I think he'll do great.
                        There's a big difference in managing an entire department and coaching/managing a specific team. You really want to compare the 2? I'm calling BS on this hire. And I'm pretty tired of the inbred circle jerk going on at the administrative level. NW had a chance to do something special and decided to go with yet another NW person. Jasinski got another yes guy in the cabinet. Whoo hoo for NW!
                        Go Hounds!
                        B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                        Cyclone Power
                        ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                          There's a big difference in managing an entire department and coaching/managing a specific team. You really want to compare the 2? I'm calling BS on this hire. And I'm pretty tired of the inbred circle jerk going on at the administrative level. NW had a chance to do something special and decided to go with yet another NW person. Jasinski got another yes guy in the cabinet. Whoo hoo for NW!
                          Based on your ad hominem attacks I realize this will mean nothing but here goes anyway. Those 3 had been assistants for their particular sports prior to taking over as head coaches. Essentially they were training for the role. AP was the asst AD for the last 5 years and training for the role of AD, whether it be here or somewhere else. Just like anyone else who is in an assistant role at any position, anywhere. It's not like he's going from being assistant basketball coach to AD.

Additionally, I would argue he has had more training and development to take over the AD role than most assistants do in taking on head coaching roles. As much as people want to fall all over Mel and worship at his feet, he was a terrible AD. I know people will point to the championships that were won under his watch but they don't know the real story of what was happening in the department. He was simply a figurehead that was not going to make any tough decisions. Scott, Lori, Mark, and AP had been splitting his job duties for the last couple of years as he was simply checked out. AP was the one who took on that role primarily though.

There is, without a doubt, a difference of opinions at the University and it is clear what side you stand on so I'm sure none of what I said will matter. People will spin every decision based on what side they are on.

Comment

You couldn't hire a better person. Honestly, between he and later Trevor Adams, I have never met more respectful nice young men... honestly shocked at the way they presented themselves, as I had the pleasure of getting to know and spending time with both of them. He's been an outstanding representative for the university from the time he got here as a player. I just know if I had been a stud athlete on a college campus, I would've been using that for all kinds of evil! :smile-big: I realize this has nothing to do with how successful he'll be as an AD, but I can't help but be happy for him and his family.

Comment

I am happy for AP. I don't know him at all, but I am a fan of the "in house" hire, which I know several are not. All I care about is that he is personable enough and has a big enough vision to inspire the boosters and that he has enough vision to hire and support the right coaches. Too often AD's at schools settle for good enough. I hope he continues to make NW the special place it is.

That's the biggest problem I have with an outside hire. Maybe great credentials, could possibly bring fresh ideas, but you've got to in someway understand what NW has become. I wouldn't want someone to use it as a stepping stone or try and change what our athletics are all about. Which right now is, like it or not, family.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X