Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UCO thread 2018.

Originally posted by Bronchoalum02 View Post
    I was at the game on Saturday and thought the targeting call was a horrible call. It was a clean hit! It was an incredible hit! Did you notice that the ref took several seconds to pull out his flag? He was thinking about the call. Should have left it in his pocket. I hope the kid from Central Missouri is okay. I don't ever want to see a player hurt but the UCO player never should have been ejected! There is a new spirit on the UCO campus. It used to be the ugly little school in Edmond but it has made a serious turnaround. The campus is beautiful and new buildings are being built. I usually attend football and baseball games and wrestling duals. I see more students with UCO shirts on and more cars with UCO stickers on them. Mine is one of them. I received both my degrees from UCO and couldn't be more prouder of my university. George Nigh, Dr. Webb and Dr. Betz are the primary architects of this growth and I hope the new president has the vision to keep UCO moving forward and becoming a major research university. OU and OSU always seem to have a problem with that. Any clue on who the new UCO president will be?
    I was one of the biggest complainers about the lack of school spirit at Central. I've seen some possitive movements.

I don't have any clue who the next UCO pres will be.
    Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
      well

aren't we a bunch of chatty cathys
      Hey, I've been trying to get this thread moving for a while. But I've been really busy this last week. I've been to both the UNK and NWMSU games but missed HC. So I have little to add.
      Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
        I was one of the biggest complainers about the lack of school spirit at Central. I've seen some possitive movements.

I don't have any clue who the next UCO pres will be.
        we always seem to have our biggest draw for the first home game. and for the last several years we lost. what has helped this year is beating NW and CM at home. the kids are showing up now and the crowds seem to have been bigger this year. they still need to get louder but the band is helping that out.

no clue on the president. but, I want to bring a question to the board here.....how many schools allow your fans and parents on the field after a game?

Comment

we always seem to have our biggest draw for the first home game. and for the last several years we lost. what has helped this year is beating NW and CM at home. the kids are showing up now and the crowds seem to have been bigger this year. they still need to get louder but the band is helping that out.

no clue on the president. but, I want to bring a question to the board here.....how many schools allow your fans and parents on the field after a game?
          When Pitt State did away with this several years ago (not 100% sure exactly when), it was the first really clear step in the developing rift of the Pittsburg-PSU town-gown relationship that was a cornerstone of making PSU football special. It eats at me every single time I'm in CSS to see the game end and the crowd just trickles out. No kids out there playing football near the end zones dreaming of playing for Pitt State later in life (RIP Bleacher Creatures). No overdressed alums pretending they're still college students. No college students going out there and celebrating with the players. No players' parents out there building a connection to the University just by being in what was once it's most hallowed ground.

It kills me.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
            When Pitt State did away with this several years ago (not 100% sure exactly when), it was the first really clear step in the developing rift of the Pittsburg-PSU town-gown relationship that was a cornerstone of making PSU football special. It eats at me every single time I'm in CSS to see the game end and the crowd just trickles out. No kids out there playing football near the end zones dreaming of playing for Pitt State later in life (RIP Bleacher Creatures). No overdressed alums pretending they're still college students. No college students going out there and celebrating with the players. No players' parents out there building a connection to the University just by being in what was once it's most hallowed ground.

It kills me.
            its starting to piss a lot of us off

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

It kills me.
              I agree.

Comment

That intimacy was what made d2 special. I imagine there are lawyers and insurance companies to blame, but it sucks.

Comment

I don't think they're allowed on the field, but after a win, fans and parents gather with the team around the victory bell under the scoreboard. You'll be able to see for yourself Saturday. :wink:

https://twitter.com/gogriffons/statu...28721269698566

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    That intimacy was what made d2 special. I imagine there are lawyers and insurance companies to blame, but it sucks.
                    heres the problem with our situation. they have the field house now at field level. the fans are in the stands. the players have to climb up in the stands, talk for a few minutes and then walk back down the stairs. they're trying to put asses in the stands and get the students out to the games but want to keep things impersonal. im sure it is a lawyer thing but if one of the grandparents fall in the stands its still a lawsuit.

Comment

its starting to piss a lot of us off
                      What is their rationale?

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                        I don't think they're allowed on the field, but after a win, fans and parents gather with the team around the victory bell under the scoreboard. You'll be able to see for yourself Saturday. :wink:

https://twitter.com/gogriffons/statu...28721269698566
                        yeh I got to see it first hand 2 years ago. i'm sure you remember the thievery involved in that game. just to remind you, if you don't take any athletic steps with a pass before you put it on the ground...its an incompletion not a fumble. certainly not a fumble you can pick up and run into the end zone from 40 yards out to win the game.
                        at any rate, it is a cool tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronchoalum02 View Post
                          What is their rationale?

Comment

I always thought it was cool how after a win, they would go up the steps and talk with their crowd before/after heading into the locker room. Occasionally, you'd interact with the opposing players too. That's the only thing I dislike about the new SPC.
                            Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
                              I always thought it was cool how after a win, they would go up the steps and talk with their crowd before/after heading into the locker room. Occasionally, you'd interact with the opposing players too. That's the only thing I dislike about the new SPC.
                              yeh there are positives to both setups but as has been mentioned, with all of the construction and all of the excitement around the campus. with all of the students starting to attend all of the events, we need to show off these facilities and for gods sake when recruits are at the games, don't keep them off the field. you want them to see how exciting game day is from start to finish.

we had 2 opportunities with big wins to allow recruits on the field and interact with the fans and players after the NW and CM games and poof. its gone.

Comment

yeh I got to see it first hand 2 years ago. i'm sure you remember the thievery involved in that game. just to remind you, if you don't take any athletic steps with a pass before you put it on the ground...its an incompletion not a fumble. certainly not a fumble you can pick up and run into the end zone from 40 yards out to win the game.
                                at any rate, it is a cool tradition.
                                Two years ago was a UCO win in Tahlequah. Last year was in St. Joseph, - the Griffon picked up an offensive fumble and ran it in, but it wasn't on a pass play, and wasn't (or shouldn't have been) controversial. It was one hell of a game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuOW...0#action=share

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X