• Re: Pitt at Lindenwood Game thread

Think they were looking past this game? At NW

Comment

Originally posted by psudoc View Post

Comment

Yeah this. The Elwood game had a circle around it for a full calendar year.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
              Yeah this. The Elwood game had a circle around it for a full calendar year.
              They must have forgot they played lindenwood today then

Comment

Originally posted by transparent58 View Post
                That took some stones to call that play.
                just watched it, man, executed perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by psudoc View Post
                  Not really sure that they would have needed to look past LU towards NW...Our D is not what it used to be. Could be a long day for NW next week.

Comment

Our offense will keep your defense in the game

Comment

Originally posted by Gorillahawk View Post
                      Our offense will keep your defense in the game
                      So true
                      Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

Fun game to watch. Very disappointing. Pitt defense is nasty. Thought OL did ok vs pass rush. Cade did great job of stepping up and avoiding rush. The sacks came on plays where he was hanging on hoping someone could get open. Pitt coverage was like stinky perfume. Couldn't get them off us. The catches made by Henneman were made against excellent coverage.

Our defense played ok, but Jrod found himself in a zone when backed up against a wall after all they other QBs went down. (#14 had to go see the athletic trainer after that fumble).

What could've been.... uggh. But this team is improving and getting closer. Jed is clearly making a difference.

Onto NSU.
                        Cool Story Bro

Comment

Kind of a weird game. Pitt State did not seem ready to play at all. On paper, it seems like the big plays were all that kept LU in it, but watching it, it felt more competitive than that on a play by play basis, not just because of the fact that it went to OT. If Pitt State is going to outgain teams by 125 yards and outpossess them almost 2-1, we ought to win decisively.

I agree Brister is good and exciting, but the workload seems a little high, since both RBs seem pretty decent. Probably could've kept our D more honest running more plays like the big TD, and I think those plays would've had more success in their own right.

Glad to see Hardin's refusal to make a fair catch finally got him pulled off the punt return. I'd almost prefer to see him only back there when we feel like we need a spark. The TD in his first game gave us all rose colored glasses for him, but even aside from the fair catch issues, he's better at both CB and WR than he is at PR, so we've got to get him rest somewhere and that seems like a good place to pull him off the field.

Roderique was able to gut it out for one possession, but if he's not a lot healthier by next week, it could be a really long game against a better D. I like Bradbury's potential, but he's obviously not ready to run the offense. So many little things just aren't quite right and those add up. The urgency from the offense on the last possession was nice. Hopefully they'll be a bit more of that throughout the game next week.

Finally, the broadcasters. I've never seen anything like that. The girl on the sideline was good--one of the better sideline reporters you see on these broadcasts. The color guy seemed to know a variety of football phrases, but didn't seem to really know what they meant. He tried to use them anyway and wound up making no sense if you were watching the game and listening to him, as what he would say isn't what was happening on the field. The PBP guy had a great flow to calling the game--maybe better suited for radio than TV, but that's fine. But I would just love to know what was going on in his mind when he was saying the names of Pitt State players. Did he think he was saying the right names? Was he given a roster that was a practical joke? Did he only have a partial roster, so he decided to go with, "Screw it, I'm just making up names!"? Did he have an unruly spotter sitting next to him feeding him the wrong names? It was incredible. (I muted it shortly before halftime, so I can't speak for the whole game.)

Comment

91-94 reunion game against NW. Maybe those guys can help this offense find itself.
                            Only if we're going back to the Veer and running option on every play, sans the shot put to the TE.
                            I like turtles.

Comment

Originally posted by transparent58 View Post
                              Only if we're going back to the Veer and running option on every play, sans the shot put to the TE.
                              IDK, they had this guy named West. Maybe you have heard of him. They managed to throw him a few forward passes even before Saint Mel invented the forward pass.

Comment

IDK, they had this guy named West. Maybe you have heard of him. They managed to throw him a few forward passes even before Saint Mel invented the forward pass.
                                Are you sure his name wasn't Wilson?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X