Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NW at Lindenwood game thread

Last sub-seven win season by NW 1995.

To our Lindenwood friends...best wishes in the GLVC.
    Go Hounds!
    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
    Cyclone Power
    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
      someone should let the color guy for LU know they aren't playing the bears...
      In listening and watching the replay, they should also give the announcers a program as they have missed numerous players names.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
        In listening and watching the replay, they should also give the announcers a program as they have missed numerous players names.
        just wait man, just wait.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
          We can't cover a kick off. The deep kick is what lost us the game against Washburn first game of the year. We've been doing this pooch kick ever since. It is really an issue and it's starting to bother me. Hopefully we can figure that out with a new kicker or better special teams players soon.
          Pretty sure that new conference will help your cause tremendously!

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
            Last sub-seven win season by NW 1995.

To our Lindenwood friends...best wishes in the GLVC.
            Also congrats on hosting a playoff game next season

Comment

Well. We played well at times but outcome was pretty much as I feared. I will say that I think the future looks bright for us considering what we look like against one of the better teams in the country. I think every game on our schedule for the rest of the season is a winnable one, and are outlet for next year and then glvc is very bright. Good Luck Bear........cats? :)
              Cool Story Bro

Comment

Well. We played well at times but outcome was pretty much as I feared. I will say that I think the future looks bright for us considering what we look like against one of the better teams in the country. I think every game on our schedule for the rest of the season is a winnable one, and are outlet for next year and then glvc is very bright. Good Luck Bear........cats? :)
                I've kind of been quiet most of the year just because I kind of felt it would be a transition year going in - Little did I know it was a transition to a new conference.

That said, I remember NW coming to town that first time and just making us look like boys among men. While we lost handily today, I did not ever sense that we were just completely out of our league the way I have in the past. I feel like Cade is going to grow a lot in the off season and hopefully we will get better in two basic areas - Covering kick returns (both punts and kickoffs) and blocking for Cade. Until he is able to sit in a pocket and not run for his life, I fear we will see games like the one today. He just seems to be constantly running for his life back there and I don't know that I could even begin to count how many sacks we gave up today. Some of that is his fault...He has gotten skiddish and runs out of the pocket which does not work well at all, but he does that because he has had to so many times, so the line has to get bigger and better.

As an aside, I felt like the game was lost when Cade's pass was deflected into an interception before halftime. I think (at least as I recall) we were only down by 10 at that moment but going into the break down by 17 against NW is never going to work well for any team these days. My hats off to NW as they continue to field a quality program. Not sure this is 'the' year for them for a couple reasons, but they had a good team today and their program is the envy of all of us.

Comment

Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Hope NW doesn't get investigated by the NCAA. We played some players yesterday I've never heard of. :bulgy-eyes:
                    Go Hounds!
                    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                    Cyclone Power
                    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Comment

Did the LU announcers must have partook in the Medical Cannibus before the thing passed
                        Last edited by GreenwoodBearcat; 10-21-2018, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Got a good chuckle when they referred to Maryville as the "High Plains"!

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                            Got a good chuckle when they referred to Maryville as the "High Plains"!

Yeah, that one made me do a spit take. :laugh:
                            Once a Bearcat, Always a Bearcat!

Comment

Lol, just watched the replay of the LU-NW game and I will bet anyone that each of the MIAA teams that LU TV network covers has players on it named Murray, Allen, Massey and Samson. In fact, I think all kickers in the MIAA are named Samson with the exception of LU! :laugh:

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X