• Divisiontwo
    replied
    Re: Pitt at MW

Go griffs

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

I won't be making the trip, but do plan to watch from my couch.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Carlson
    replied

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    They definitely match up well on paper. I honestly think Pitt has more offensive talent, but MW has been more precise with their execution. (Dumb penalties aside.)

Both have a stable of backs who will get touches. Both struggle to pass at times. MW is more liable to design QB runs unless Bradbury is finally healthy. Both Defenses are mostly solid, but have had a couple of games where they gave up big plays in bunches.
    Agreed on all points. Should be a great game.

I plan on being there, and would love to meet up with anyone on the boards, if given the chance.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

They definitely match up well on paper. I honestly think Pitt has more offensive talent, but MW has been more precise with their execution. (Dumb penalties aside.)

Both have a stable of backs who will get touches. Both struggle to pass at times. MW is more liable to design QB runs unless Bradbury is finally healthy. Both Defenses are mostly solid, but have had a couple of games where they gave up big plays in bunches.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Carlson
    replied

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    I mean, everything about this game tells me we should win, I think our defense is overall better. Offenses are almost equal,but we haven't played MOSO. We commit less penalties, and we have a tendency to make big plays at the right times.

I have been wrong before.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Carlson
    replied

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Over under on total passes thrown is set at 44.
    Over. While the only team with less attempts than these two teams is UNK, they are both still averaging 25 passes per game. Both teams are also pretty good against the run, so I see some longer 3rd down attempts than each team is used to.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

I see this as a pretty even matchup. Both teams run it a ton, both struggle in the passing game.

Leave a comment:

• Rainy
    replied

MW has a 4-headed running attack that is getting better as the season progresses.

I think the Griffs have a decent chance IF they can:

1. Limit the crushing 15 yard penalties.
    2. Limit the 3rd down penalties that extend drives.
    3. Have a decent passing game. We are averaging 150 yards per game. If we can get something north of that it should be close.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

MW guys must be at home making shivs for Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied

There were definitely openings last Saturday...

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

Giving up big plays on Defense is what worries me about pitt.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied

I mean, everything about this game tells me we should win, I think our defense is overall better. Offenses are almost equal,but we haven't played MOSO. We commit less penalties, and we have a tendency to make big plays at the right times.

I have been wrong before.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

MW Running back can bust long runs, and their QB runs well. They worry me.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied

MOWest has 3 of the top ten most penalties in games this year and have the top two most penalty yards in games as well. If we play a clean game, (unlikely with our hot heads) and run the ball half as well as we did against UCM, I think we win.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

It seems to me like Weimers thought he was calling plays for Brian Shay instead of Tyler Adkins most of the season.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X