Clear All

Re: D2 Bowl Games

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
    I'm not sure I got my conference tie-ins correct earlier:

Mineral Water - NSIC vs At-Large
    Texarkana - GAC vs LSC or MIAA
    Corsicana - LSC vs MIAA
    Heart of Texas - LSC vs At-large

Barring upsets this weekend, LSC may only have two eligible non-PO teams, so they wouldn't have a squad for the Texarkana Bowl. That means MIAA would have slots in Corsicana and Texarkana. Once again, barring upsets, those two slots are probably UCO and Pitt State. Bowl predictions:

Texarkana - Harding vs. Pitt State
    Corsicana - UCO vs. West Texas A&M
    Heart of Texas - Angelo State vs. ???????? (No idea who to guess, maybe MoWest?)
    Mineral Water - Whoever comes out of the weird mix of 7-3 NSIC teams (my gut tells me Winona State gets the bid) vs ???????? (I'm guessing MUS&T)

In a world where there wasn't this new separation between the MIAA and the MWB, flipping MUS&T and MW would make all the sense in the world. I'm not sure what to think about that now.
    The Agent Barry Live United Bowl in Texarkana, AR has informal agreements to invite a team from either the MIAA and LSC. Currently, there are at least three teams from the MIAA being watched, and there are two LSC teams being watched. Of the teams being watched, at least three are currently in the top 7 in their regions.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Gentleman View Post
      The Agent Barry Live United Bowl in Texarkana, AR has informal agreements to invite a team from either the MIAA and LSC. Currently, there are at least three teams from the MIAA being watched, and there are two LSC teams being watched. Of the teams being watched, at least three are currently in the top 7 in their regions.
      dont mean to be a dbag but can you shed a little light on this statement?

in the sr3 there are no top 7 lsc teams and only 2 in the top7....do you mean top 3 in the conference maybe?

and are they inviting 1 from lsc and 1 from miaa? or is it one or the other?

Comment

top 7 go to the playoffs, so there's a typo in there somewhere.

Comment

Pitt/UCO rematch bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            Pitt/UCO rematch bowl.
            I N!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
              I N!!!!
              We could play it in Tulsa to save time and travel cost for everyone.

Comment

I like Pitt's chances in any bowl. They play well in games that don't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
                  dont mean to be a dbag but can you shed a little light on this statement?

in the sr3 there are no top 7 lsc teams and only 2 in the top7....do you mean top 3 in the conference maybe?

and are they inviting 1 from lsc and 1 from miaa? or is it one or the other?
                  The GAC has an automatic tie in and the GAC team with the highest finish in the conference standings who
                  doesn't make the playoffs is invited. The bowl selects an at-large team from either the LSC and MIAA. In the
                  first 5 years of the bowl, the LSC has had 2 teams selected and the MIAA has had 3 teams selected. Teams
                  currently in the top 7 in their SRs receive consideration in the event they fall out of the top 7. Teams not in
                  the top 7 also receive consideration.

Comment

I see

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Gentleman View Post
                      The GAC has an automatic tie in and the GAC team with the highest finish in the conference standings who
                      doesn't make the playoffs is invited. The bowl selects an at-large team from either the LSC and MIAA. In the
                      first 5 years of the bowl, the LSC has had 2 teams selected and the MIAA has had 3 teams selected. Teams
                      currently in the top 7 in their SRs receive consideration in the event they fall out of the top 7. Teams not in
                      the top 7 also receive consideration.
                      I assume that if TAMUC were to lose to Angelo State on Saturday they would be high on short list of teams.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X