• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mules ran out of time

Comment

Overtime at Spratt

Comment

Wow, UCM ran the ball but stayed inbounds. The clock ran out before they could spike the ball!! They had a gimme FG!

Comment

Overtime!!!!

Comment

both teams trying to give it away! crazy

Comment

Down to this kick ....

Comment

Crazy football in the MIAA this season. UCM with the FG in OT for the win. That was a fun 4th quarter.

Comment

heartbreaker for the griffs. one thing about them, they don't quit. i don't think you can count them out of a game until its over. some killer mistakes at the end though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat97 View Post
                    Crazy football in the MIAA this season. UCM with the FG in OT for the win. That was a fun 4th quarter.
                    there have been some exciting games this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat97 View Post
                      Game is tied!!! I really thought the WR was out of bounds. Unbelievable.
                      He clearly was but good catch.

Comment

Comment

I figured the Griffs would make it a game but I was impressed how they rallied to tie it. This is going to be a tough out for any team this year. Glad the Mules got the win.

Comment

First off , congrats to the Mules. Bolles is far and away the best Qb in the conf.

Im going to have to think about this one. The lows. The highs. The lows. Keep in mind it was 31-0 Mules with 6 and change to go in the third qtr.

i really hope the MIAA gets several teams in the playoffs this year

More later after I process this.

Comment

please tell me there are no more Bolles kids lol

Comment

I guess maybe we're Hookem's gatekeepers?

I did not expect this team to fall behind anyone 31-0, but UCM is good enough to take advantage of any little mistake, and we made quite a few on defense.

1200 yards of total offense combined. I thought 30 for UCM had 800 of it, but since they only had 700... He's a hell of a punter too? OPOTW, STPOTW, and any other honors you want to throw his way.

The blown catch interference call was one of the worst calls I've seen in a while*. I would never say it cost us the game (and MWSU benefited from some blown calls too), but it was just 10-0 at that time and it sure would have changed the complexion of the game.

For the first time this year, the Griffon defense couldn't force a turnover.

The Griffons have two special freshmen - Vaval in the return game and Holmes as a wideout (and it looked to me like he dragged at least one foot, maybe both on the last TD catch).

It felt like the Mules line was manhandling our o-line in the first half; in the second, we relied more on some quick passes and getting runners out in space. Wish we could have figured that out sooner.

* edited to add: it may not have been as bad as I thought. From the rulebook: "If a Team B player makes a valid fair catch signal, the unimpeded opportunity to catch a free or scrimmage kick continues if this player muffs the kick and still has an opportunity to complete the catch. If he (or another Team B player) subsequently catches the kick, the ball is placed where he first touched it. This protection terminates when the kick touches the ground. (A.R. 6-5-1-I-II)"

He was hit before the ball hit the ground. It feels like a dumb rule, but if I'm understanding it correctly it may have been the right call.
                                Last edited by GrifFan; 09-22-2019, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X