• Show
Clear All

• General Question- Talking Recruits?

Re: General Question- Talking Recruits?

Willie Fritz? Is that you?
    :)

Comment

Seriously, I Twitter stalk a little, but have only seen people who were offered so far. No verbal yet.

Comment

Hudl will definitely get a kid noticed, but its the entire game film that gets him an invite.

Comment

Try some of the high school sites for Rivals. Ones like IowaPreps.com have lists of what player is talking to whatever school.
          Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

Comment

http://kpreps.com/kansas/history/sig...019/by-player/

Comment

That site lists signings. 2019 link doesn't work yet, but should soon. I pasted the 2018 list and changed it to 19

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                Hudl will definitely get a kid noticed, but its the entire game film that gets him an invite.
                Most definitely, recruiting coaches want to know how he acts under adversity.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                  Most definitely, recruiting coaches want to know how he acts under adversity.

Comment

Another tool for recruiting seems to be missing in this discussion. And that would be team camps. How many times do you hear from D2 recruits the following: " I have been to their Team Camps and the coaches like my skill sets." Hudl makes it easy for a player to get video out there with the hope that someone looking will see it. There is no need to watch full videos. But if you can get team camps going. You have a tool to see how an individual handles himself in game situations And what leadership skills the player displays.
                    Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

Comment

Not saying they watch full games, but in 5 min., they can tell if he takes plays off or gives it all every play. Hudl is nice but doesn't tell the full story.

Comment

Originally posted by voicefromthestands View Post
                        Another tool for recruiting seems to be missing in this discussion. And that would be team camps. How many times do you hear from D2 recruits the following: " I have been to their Team Camps and the coaches like my skill sets." Hudl makes it easy for a player to get video out there with the hope that someone looking will see it. There is no need to watch full videos. But if you can get team camps going. You have a tool to see how an individual handles himself in game situations And what leadership skills the player displays.
                        I saw one QB that pitt offered during their team camp before his SR year. He now has D1 offers, though.

Comment

I was chatting with Catz, Tax, and BearcatDude about how the early signing period seems to be pushing a lot of the recruits looking at lower level schools already committing, too. Maybe won't be as many weekend visits and announcements in January now. I would think that if this trend continues that the divisions with playoffs through December MIGHT be at a disadvantage recruiting? Time shall tell...
                          IH8FERRIS

Comment

Originally posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
                            I was chatting with Catz, Tax, and BearcatDude about how the early signing period seems to be pushing a lot of the recruits looking at lower level schools already committing, too. Maybe won't be as many weekend visits and announcements in January now. I would think that if this trend continues that the divisions with playoffs through December MIGHT be at a disadvantage recruiting? Time shall tell...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X