Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSSU Recruiting Thread

I don't know if anyone is following other MIAA squads' recruiting this closely but, I will start a team thread here for Missouri Southern...

MSSU TARGETS-MSSU COMMITS-
    TE Joshua Dugan (Indy CC/Conway Springs KS)
    TE KeAndre Bledsoe (Garden City CC)
    LB Lochlain Hardin (Knoxville TN)
    LB Colton Winder (Carthage MO)
    OL Carlos Hernandez (Houston TX)
    OL Mohamed Al-Rahami (Bartlett, TN)

Re: MSSU Recruiting Thread

This morning, WR Cartez Campbell out of Knoxville TN and QB Vincent Jackson out of Euclid OH announced offers from Southern.

Comment

Wednesday Recruiting activity-

- QB Sean Stephens out of the St. Louis area committed to MSSU over SBU.
      - QB Vincent Jackson out of Euclid OH received an offer from MSSU
      - Knoxville TN WR Cortez Campbell got an MSSU offer
      - DE Malik Wooley from Fort Worth TX committed to Pitt State
      - It's unclear at this time if this was a visit or if he is an early enrollee but, WR Devond Blair Jr out of Laney College in California posted video from MSSU on twitter yesterday.

Comment

On Thursday:

- OL Tanner Smith (Ardmore OK) committed to MSSU
        - MSSU offered Springdale AR QB Grant Allen. He has one other offer on the table (Henderson State).

Comment

Originally posted by NewmanAndDuquesne View Post
          Wednesday Recruiting activity-

- QB Sean Stephens out of the St. Louis area committed to MSSU over SBU.
          - QB Vincent Jackson out of Euclid OH received an offer from MSSU
          - Knoxville TN WR Cortez Campbell got an MSSU offer
          - DE Malik Wooley from Fort Worth TX committed to Pitt State
          - It's unclear at this time if this was a visit or if he is an early enrollee but, WR Devond Blair Jr out of Laney College in California posted video from MSSU on twitter yesterday.
          It turns out Devond Blair Jr. enrolled over the intersession and is on campus attending classes at Southern. He will participate in Spring Ball. As a sophomore at Laney College he had 533 yards receiving and 5 TDs.

Comment

Since I've been gone:

- Palmer, AK (that's Alaska, not a typo) QB Luke Guggenmos received a PWO offer from MSSU. He is going to take one long recruiting trip to the lower 48 and his offers include Southern, Northeastern State, St. Xavier (Chicago), Washburn, Wisconsin-La Crosse, Florida Tech, and Fort Hays State among several others.
            - WR Trevon Carter out of Hempstead TX got an MSSU offer. He also has an offer from Tyler JC in Texas.
            - RB/WR Antwone Parker from Fort Worth TX got an MSSU offer.
            - Houston TX WR Jarmichael Cooper visited campus and pledged his commitment to Southern over the weekend.
            - Kansas TE Brennan Feeback picked Baker University over MSSU.
            - Copperas Cove TX DE Jaylan Brown committed to Angelo State on his visit there over the weekend.
            - WR Emani Burgess out of Chicago Heights, IL decommitted from Quincy (IL) University after receiving offers from MSSU, Minnesota-Crookston, and McKendree.
            - Independence MO RB/WR Trevaughn Sisco committed to MSSU after his official visit last weekend.

SOUTHERN COMMITS AS OF NOW:
            TE KeAndre Bledsoe (Garden City CC/St. Louis MO)
            OL Mohamed Al-Rahami (Bartlett TN)
            OL Tanner Smith (Ardmore OK)
            WR Devond Blair Jr. (Oakland CA)
            QB Sean Stephens (Florissant MO)
            WR Jarmichael Cooper (Houston TX)
            RB/WR Tre Sisco (Independence MO)

9 days to NSD19

Comment

Manvel TX WR Roland Kimble and Humble TX DB Dylan Bolden committed to Southern one day after Houston WR Jarmichael Cooper announced his commitment.

WR Jaedon Stoshak out of Jacksonville FL also committed yesterday.

Comment

We lost a kid to Baker? Aren't they like D3? I also don't see but one local kid and I thought we had connections to his guys at Garden City that were coming with him? I'm a skeptic. I tried meeting up with my old nemesis, but he never follows thru. I hope NewmanandDuquesne and I can become good friends.

Did anyone see where Brandon Williams represented MSSU really well in the ProBowl!!! That's gotta be a huge swing of momentum for our guys in green.

What's the truth to a growing rift between Sims and certain people in the athletic department?

Sims is here to stay, so I hope the rest get out of his way.

Comment

Baker is NAIA ... Division III doesn't offer athletic scholarships ... but I'm sure you already knew that ... Also, saying you have an offer is pretty vague - Maybe Baker offered a LOT more and Mssu was a fringe offer - no telling.

What's the truth with you coming on and stirring right before signing day?
                  Last edited by Frosty; 01-30-2019, 08:51 AM.

Comment

First, the kid who committed to Baker is from Northeast Kansas. So, I'm sure staying close to home was part of that decision as he also had an offer from UCM.

I can't stress enough that the list of offers/commits that I have is NOT complete. Most of what I find is via social media and (in very rare cases) if someone reaches out to me personally with a tip. MSSU isn't allowed to share with anyone who they've given offers to because they can't comment on a particular kid until he signs a LOI. With all that said, kids in SWMO post on social media much much less about recruiting than kids from places like Texas and Oklahoma. I won't be surprised at all if there are more local kids with offers and who end up at Southern on National Signing Day. I also should point out that there was at least one JUCO kid who came in at semester that I didn't know about until the end of last week.

Covering D2 recruiting is INCREDIBLY inexact. It's not like I can hit up rivals or ESPN and find out where Southern stands on that LB out of Neosho or the DE out of Michigan.

Comment

But you're covering it - and the only one doing so. MUCH appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by NewmanAndDuquesne View Post
                        First, the kid who committed to Baker is from Northeast Kansas. So, I'm sure staying close to home was part of that decision as he also had an offer from UCM.

I can't stress enough that the list of offers/commits that I have is NOT complete. Most of what I find is via social media and (in very rare cases) if someone reaches out to me personally with a tip. MSSU isn't allowed to share with anyone who they've given offers to because they can't comment on a particular kid until he signs a LOI. With all that said, kids in SWMO post on social media much much less about recruiting than kids from places like Texas and Oklahoma. I won't be surprised at all if there are more local kids with offers and who end up at Southern on National Signing Day. I also should point out that there was at least one JUCO kid who came in at semester that I didn't know about until the end of last week.

Covering D2 recruiting is INCREDIBLY inexact. It's not like I can hit up rivals or ESPN and find out where Southern stands on that LB out of Neosho or the DE out of Michigan.
                        Interesting stuff. Would you say QB is their biggest need?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                          Interesting stuff. Would you say QB is their biggest need?
                          I would say that, yes. But, with the caveat that there are plenty of instances in the past where good coaching can elevate QB play. So, if they don't bring in a new starter I will still withhold judgement on that.

Comment

Southern extended an offer to OL Caleb Gouge out of Lamar MO, linebacker Tristan Wells out of Talladega AL, RB Marcus McClanahan out of Dallas, and ATH Calvin Sue'Sue out of Oakley CA.

DE/TE Sandro Del Villar (Houston TX) committed to Southern after a successful campus visit last weekend.

SOUTHERN COMMITS AS OF NOW:
                            TE KeAndre Bledsoe (Garden City CC/St. Louis MO)
                            OL Mohamed Al-Rahami (Bartlett TN)
                            OL Tanner Smith (Ardmore OK)
                            WR Devond Blair Jr. (Oakland CA)
                            QB Sean Stephens (Florissant MO)
                            WR Jarmichael Cooper (Houston TX)
                            RB/WR Tre Sisco (Independence MO)
                            WR Roland Kimble (Manvel TX)
                            DB Dylan Bolden (Humble TX)
                            WR Jaedon Stoshak (Jacksonville FL)