Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IfYouAintLope
    replied
    Does anyone even know what an ichabod is??

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    Originally posted by RollChos View Post

I think we’ll definitely do that after we’ve lost 3-4 games. Can’t give up on the season yet. It’s not over until you’ve lost 4 in this league. Always have a shot at a bowl game at least.
    agreed. a bowl game would be like mother's milk to this team. like i stated earlier, we are not good enough to overlook anyone. focus on winning one snap at a time.
    A&M just paid 1.2 million to get that as whooped in front of millions at home. ND paid 1.5 million for the same treatment. they messed around and let the teams hang around and those teams ended up putting it on them because those schools have scholarships too.

Our Oline is getting better every practice. even if Steph IS running for his life, as long as he is managing the game, protecting the ball and moving the offense, no real reason to burn that redshirt. we have two others QBs (of course they are both union QBs)

one snap. one series. one half. one game at a time.

Leave a comment:

• RollChos
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

That makes sense.

OTOH, It's a rebuild, so if you have someone who is likely going to be the starter next season, the experience might be a good thing going into next season.
    I think we’ll definitely do that after we’ve lost 3-4 games. Can’t give up on the season yet. It’s not over until you’ve lost 4 in this league. Always have a shot at a bowl game at least.

Leave a comment:

• RollChos
    replied
    2 games isn't much of a streak, but I see where you're coming from.
    3 if you count the W over Fort Hays at the end of 2021. 😏

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by RollChos View Post

Why make a change? The O-Line can’t block. Wouldn’t matter if TB12 was back there if he has no time to throw. Might as well keep the more mobile QB for this year imo.
    That makes sense.

OTOH, It's a rebuild, so if you have someone who is likely going to be the starter next season, the experience might be a good thing going into next season.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    2 games isn't much of a streak, but I see where you're coming from.

Leave a comment:

• RollChos
    replied
    My big hope for the UCO/Southern game is that one of the QBs will throw a pass right into the side of thevrefs head like last year. That was the funniest thing I had seen in a long time.
    My big hope for the Pitt/NSU game is that NSU hangs 50 on Pitt and breaks their win streak. It won’t happen but we all have big hopes.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    My big hope for the UCO/Southern game is that one of the QBs will throw a pass right into the side of thevrefs head like last year. That was the funniest thing I had seen in a long time.

Leave a comment:

• RollChos
    replied
    The current UCO QB just can't throw it at all. Unless they just want to run power with some option mixed in,, they need to make a change imo.
    Why make a change? The O-Line can’t block. Wouldn’t matter if TB12 was back there if he has no time to throw. Might as well keep the more mobile QB for this year imo.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    The current UCO QB just can't throw it at all. Unless they just want to run power with some option mixed in,, they need to make a change imo.

Leave a comment:

• NW Normal
    replied
    I am just getting to know the team, but from my vantage point, the improvement from week one to week two was astronomical. Now, if the offense could just hit a few passes downfield.

Leave a comment:

• Billy_Broncho
    replied
    Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

not sure we're quite that desperate yet. we have a QB and an Hback that are seniors. 1 junior on the oline and the rest of the O starters are soph or redshirt freshman. it'll take some time. i think if either of the 6'7" tight ends or the Ark QB were ready, they'd be playing.

we have 10 seniors left on the team lol...not talking starters. i'm talking 10 total seniors.

all this being said, i tend to agree about the low scoring for the MSSU and UCO game. i do think we will make out better than MSSU.

the 2 games we've played, we've had problems with the dual threat (doesn't everyone?) MSSU doesn't seem to have that threat. not that he can't, it just doesn't seem like he has done it so far. until he proves that he can beat us with his arm, i feel like we will be all out for stopping the run. i dont fell like we will fall for all the rope-a-dope plays MSSU tried early in the game VS UNK.
    as has been mentioned, our defensive strength seems to be the front 7. 2 previous teams are 0-6 on 4th down and MSSU is 1-4 on 4th. id say that gives us the advantage here.
    we are 14-32 on 3rd down conversions allowed, MSSU is 8-25 on 3rd downs converted. again, advantage UCO.

we'll see.

We are extremely young for sure! From what I understand the AR QB had a great fall camp. He is a dual threat guy and from the looks of his tape on twitter he can play! I am sure the coaches want to give the SR every chance to lead this team but at some point you have to start playing for the future of the program. You might take some lumps with your young guns but that experience will be invaluable moving forward!!

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

not sure we're quite that desperate yet. we have a QB and an Hback that are seniors. 1 junior on the oline and the rest of the O starters are soph or redshirt freshman. it'll take some time. i think if either of the 6'7" tight ends or the Ark QB were ready, they'd be playing.

we have 10 seniors left on the team lol...not talking starters. i'm talking 10 total seniors.

all this being said, i tend to agree about the low scoring for the MSSU and UCO game. i do think we will make out better than MSSU.

the 2 games we've played, we've had problems with the dual threat (doesn't everyone?) MSSU doesn't seem to have that threat. not that he can't, it just doesn't seem like he has done it so far. until he proves that he can beat us with his arm, i feel like we will be all out for stopping the run. i dont fell like we will fall for all the rope-a-dope plays MSSU tried early in the game VS UNK.
    as has been mentioned, our defensive strength seems to be the front 7. 2 previous teams are 0-6 on 4th down and MSSU is 1-4 on 4th. id say that gives us the advantage here.
    we are 14-32 on 3rd down conversions allowed, MSSU is 8-25 on 3rd downs converted. again, advantage UCO.

we'll see.

I think it will be a defensive battle for sure. I expect a close game.

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied

Step 1 recruit a qb and 10 other guys.

we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• RollChos
    replied
    Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
    Expect the MSSU-UCO game to be low-scoring. Both defenses have been playing well, but both offenses leave a lot to be desired. Hope Glades can play after hopping off the field in 4Q and not returning.
    Michael Slater went down late for us too. Hope everyone is at full strength Saturday. We’ve used the injury bug excuse a little too much in the past few years.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X