Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to NW!! Since they cannot develop skill position players in the last few years they will have the opportunity to poach the MW kids this offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post

Charlie Flohr was 7-4 at SD Mines and Joel Osborne at Benedictine College of Atchison KS is 10-1 and in the NAIA playoffs. FWIW NW had better offenses with them than with Sturdy imho.
      Thanks. I honestly didn't know.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

I have it from reliable sources, that Jerry calls Coach Dorrel almost every week just to chat ;-)
        Since they're both awesome dudes, that doesn't surprise me at all.

Comment

Tyler Fenwick could be a candidate.. He's been very successful in places that have not been successful in the past as a HC. Also was Mo West's OC for multiple years.

Comment

Originally posted by MIAAFAN1985 View Post
            Tyler Fenwick could be a candidate.. He's been very successful in places that have not been successful in the past as a HC. Also was Mo West's OC for multiple years.
            Yes please!! Coach Fenwick was certainly a factor in MW's success while he was there during most of Coach Partridge's best years as head coach as seen here:

Prior to taking over the program at Missouri S&T, Fenwick served as the offensive coordinator at Missouri Western State University for six season from 2007 through 2012.

While at MWSU, he was part of a program that played in the post-season in each of the six seasons that he was on the staff, including an appearance in the NCAA Division II quarterfinals in 2012.

During the six years Fenwick spent as offensive coordinator at Missouri Western, the Griffons averaged 432.8 points per season and 35.1 points per game. As a team, the Griffons went 53-18 and played in the NCAA Division II playoffs three times as well as making three bowl appearances.

Pulled the above excerpt directly from Coach Fenwick's current biography on the Southeastern Oklahoma State University athletics website.

Comment

Originally posted by GetGRIFFedUp View Post

Yes please!! Coach Fenwick was certainly a factor in MW's success while he was there during most of Coach Partridge's best years as head coach as seen here:

Prior to taking over the program at Missouri S&T, Fenwick served as the offensive coordinator at Missouri Western State University for six season from 2007 through 2012.

While at MWSU, he was part of a program that played in the post-season in each of the six seasons that he was on the staff, including an appearance in the NCAA Division II quarterfinals in 2012.

During the six years Fenwick spent as offensive coordinator at Missouri Western, the Griffons averaged 432.8 points per season and 35.1 points per game. As a team, the Griffons went 53-18 and played in the NCAA Division II playoffs three times as well as making three bowl appearances.

Pulled the above excerpt directly from Coach Fenwick's current biography on the Southeastern Oklahoma State University athletics website.
              Fenwick immediately came to mind Sunday. Not that I necessarily wanted to see willie go but fenwick would be a home run imo.

Comment

New AD wants to win big! Will be an interesting hire!

Comment

Anyone heard candidates yet?

Comment

Bring back Jerry

Comment

It's Fenwick.

https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/st...2VW0yRSdfPvfzA

Comment

I'm surprised that he would make a lateral move. I'm equally surprised that MW wants a coach who went 6 and 5 this year in a soft conference.

This may be another of those, fun, "Let's see how much difference facilities make" experiments.

Comment

Last three years....

6-6
                          9-3
                          1-10

If I recall, there were some good offenses those years he was here which included Michael Hill, David Bass, and co.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                            I'm surprised that he would make a lateral move. I'm equally surprised that MW wants a coach who went 6 and 5 this year in a soft conference.

This may be another of those, fun, "Let's see how much difference facilities make" experiments.
                            He got good athletes to come play for him in Durant, Oklahoma can’t imagine their facilities compare to Mo West not sure it’s a lateral move by either party. Really good hire imo.

Comment

Originally posted by HornetTakeover View Post

He got good athletes to come play for him in Durant, Oklahoma can’t imagine their facilities compare to Mo West not sure it’s a lateral move by either party. Really good hire imo.
                              I agree. I wouldn’t call this a lateral move. Would you rather coach at MWSU in the MIAA or at a middling program in the GAC? It wasn’t that long ago that MW was making some serious noise in the MIAA when coach Fenwick was a big contributor to that success. The facilities are night and day between SEOSU, Mo ST and MWSU. Without access to the numbers, he must have been offered more money at MW too. The fact is that Coach Fenwick was an integral part of the most successful era of Griffon football ever and he has had success as a head coach at both of his previous stops. He knows MW, St. Joe, the state of Missouri and presumably the rest of the territory that the Griffs traditionally recruit and other areas that we may need to go get talent (OK, TX, AR?). If he can have success at MoST and SEOSU, not exactly the easiest places to win as a head football coach, I will be surprised if he can’t return the Griffs to the top 3rd of the MIAA with more consistency than Coach Williams was able to achieve. I really like that Coach Fenwick comes in with two successful head coaching stints under belt whereas Coach Willie had only been a coordinator with multiple teams. I feel like this is about the biggest slam dunk of a hire that MWSU could hope for. We aren’t NW or Pitt after all. I’m thrilled!

Comment

I assumed the GAC schools paid in that 100 to 150 range like most miaa coaches. I don't know if it's right, but I found a figure of about 54k for head fb coach at seosu. If that number is right, it definitely won't be a lateral move.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X