Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCM at LU

Why is Lincoln so bad year after year. I follow the Mules closely and know a little about PSU, NW, MW and some others from when they play the Mules (watching at the games and listening to Mules broadcast at the same time) and reading comments here.

However, I don't understand how a football team (LU) can be so bad, for so long.

To those players at LU, NSU, etc. that give it their all even though their chance of winning is slim to none: I salute you.

I agree. Those guys have to be playing for something other than wins or losses to keep them showing up for practices.

Comment

The good news is they are going to a conference where the Delta is much smaller, so maybe they'll win once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by MuleBall View Post
        Why is Lincoln so bad year after year. I follow the Mules closely and know a little about PSU, NW, MW and some others from when they play the Mules (watching at the games and listening to Mules broadcast at the same time) and reading comments here.

However, I don't understand how a football team (LU) can be so bad, for so long.

To those players at LU, NSU, etc. that give it their all even though their chance of winning is slim to none: I salute you.
        The scholarship ratio. at LU compared to MIAA schools is about half. It would be a tough sell to get players. If I was the Mules coach I would rest everyone that I could and not risk injuries for the playoffs. I would hope the QB doesn't need to put up numbers for the HH award.

Comment

Will UCM break 100?

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
            Will UCM break 100?
            I hope not. To me, and probably most on this board, there's really no reason to TRY for 100, 90, 80, etc. Now if LU can't stop 2nd and 3rd teamers, I don't expect UCM players to not try, so who knows what the score might be.

Mule4ever, I wonder if the coaches treat this Sat. game like the last preseason game in the NFL: One, two, maybe three series and then they are out of there.

After watching and seeing LU scores over the years, I wish them success in a new conf.

Comment

I hope not. To me, and probably most on this board, there's really no reason to TRY for 100, 90, 80, etc. Now if LU can't stop 2nd and 3rd teamers, I don't expect UCM players to not try, so who knows what the score might be.

Mule4ever, I wonder if the coaches treat this Sat. game like the last preseason game in the NFL: One, two, maybe three series and then they are out of there.

After watching and seeing LU scores over the years, I wish them success in a new conf.
              I hope they let everyone play. Hope they don't risk injuries for numbers. I think the QB has a real chance at the HH the D2 heisman but its not worth trying to put up numbers. I wonder if strength of schedule comes into play.

Comment

Does ZZ even need to pad his stats to win the Harlon Hill award. Maybe ZZ and the Flying Lambos will just play the first half or maybe just the first quarter. That should be long enough to ring up 300 yards and 5 touchdown passes. But I hope the 2's and 3's play most of the game. But, as already mentioned, the backups want to play football, not just take a knee. Speaking of the Harlon Hill award, I have an autographed Harlon Hill framed poster of Eric Czerniewski in my home office, I'm looking at it now. ZZ's will look good alongside.

I'm wondering if Lincoln wouldn't be better off dropping down to the NAIA level. They suck at everything except track and field. They were so bad in baseball that they dropped the sport after going 1-49 in the 2016 season. I see that they are planning to try baseball again in 2025. I feel sorry for their student athletes, coaches and fans, just so sad.

What an amazing season for the Mules and Griffs after last year's lackluster results. UCM, Mo West, and PSU will make some noise in the playoffs. I just hope we don't have to play each other in the first round. Let's all three beat up on somebody else before we have to go at each other again. Having said that, I hope Mo West doesn't get screwed by that Earned Access crap. Not the Griffs fault that UINDY plays in the Little Sisters of the Poor Conference.

GO - MULES, GORILLAS, GRIFFS (?)

Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 11-06-2023, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Is the HH award just for regular season stats?

Comment

It isn't supposed to be, but yes.

Comment

I can’t find the timing of the nomination process, but as I recall the regional round of voting takes place in the first week or two after the regular season, with the final national voting wrapping up around the time of the national semis, with the announcement on the day of the championship game. So it’s pretty heavily weighted toward regular season results, but postseason can play a factor, depending how many voters haven’t made up their minds early.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X