Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

What was the best team you saw when you were coaching?
    In 2010, which was our first season in the GNAC we played Humboldt at SFU and they were scary good!! Of course we were atrocious having lost several players due to the different eligibility rules, CIS vs. NCAA. eg. CIS 5 years + a red shirt and 2 years of Junior Football ( Like Junior Hockey, Tri-City Americans, Spokane Chiefs, etc.) NCAA those two years of Junior Football count against your clock! Humboldt had players like Alex Cappa who was amazing. Other than that Central was always a good team, even though we beat them a couple of times, and Azusa when they had Terrell Watson were tough. Ironically, maybe, is the fact that the only GNAC team that SFU has never beaten is Western Oregon!! Some very close games but no wins!!

Comment

Given effective vaccines and their timely distribution I feel pretty good about football being played this fall. I am still in shock with the loss of another west coast Div II football program. Has their been any reaction from the 3 remaining teams?

Comment

Originally posted by ram_boy View Post
        Given effective vaccines and their timely distribution I feel pretty good about football being played this fall. I am still in shock with the loss of another west coast Div II football program. Has their been any reaction from the 3 remaining teams?
        Haven't heard anything yet, beyond the one Ellensburg newspaper article. I think going NAIA for football only and joining the Frontier league might not be a bad plan, if we can't convince them to switch to D2.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Haven't heard anything yet, beyond the one Ellensburg newspaper article. I think going NAIA for football only and joining the Frontier league might not be a bad plan, if we can't convince them to switch to D2.
          It's possible to do this, I looked at the rules. Most athletic directors would rather not have football than go NAIA just for one fall season. Couple reasons for this: Image, though most students applying to the university don't give a sh-t. Two, frankly, it takes money and work to run football. Tell an A.D. that he can reduce his workload? He's popping corks.

I once asked a friend while people weren't raising money for scholarships. HIs reply, "People are near retirement, they're not going to grind away in their last few years." Also, at the small college level, whether they raise money or not they won't be fired ... yet playing NAIA for one football season gets them all in a huff? They can take their NCAA and ...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X