• Show
Clear All

• Update on Tarleton Football Stadium

https://tarletonsports.com/news/2018...ideo-tour.aspx

http://tarletonfootballrenovation.co...es/?gallery=15

Re: Update on Tarleton Football Stadium

Comment

Nice update. I've been to 8 or 9 games in Stephenville. The visitor side was just metal bleachers. Plain Jane. Any improvements on that side? The new home side looks like a big improvement. What will the seating capacity be once finished?

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
        Nice update. I've been to 8 or 9 games in Stephenville. The visitor side was just metal bleachers. Plain Jane. Any improvements on that side? The new home side looks like a big improvement. What will the seating capacity be once finished?
        The home side is being switched to what was the visitor side. The plain Jane metal bleachers are gone and being replaced by the new four story stands. Phase II is the demolition of the current home stands with the purple T and replaced with new visitor and student seating. Not sure when Phase II will begin.

My understanding is new capacity will be somewhere between 9,000 and 10,000.

Comment

Has the move to D1 talk died down? I haven't heard anything lately.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
            Has the move to D1 talk died down? I haven't heard anything lately.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing what has been completed when we roll into town on 8/30.

Comment

Originally posted by flexbone View Post
                Looking forward to seeing what has been completed when we roll into town on 8/30.
                https://twitter.com/tarletonfb?lang=en

Although a huge improvement over the old metal stands, I would be shocked to see this finished in less than a month to be ready for FB season. Martinez post on July 28 shows a lot of work needed to finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                  https://twitter.com/tarletonfb?lang=en

Although a huge improvement over the old metal stands, I would be shocked to see this finished in less than a month to be ready for FB season. Martinez post on July 28 shows a lot of work needed to finish.
                  My wife met with a TSU football player the other day and he mentioned that the new target completion is mid-season. I'd be surprised if they play in a completed stadium this year.. Too many little things that need to be worked out (mechanically speaking) in construction for it to be ready anytime soon. Plus, that construction crew isn't exactly burning the midnight oil to get it finished!

Comment

Received my season tickets yesterday and all games show my old seats. So maybe no new seats this season???

Still it will be a very nice stadium whenever it is finished.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
                      Received my season tickets yesterday and all games show my old seats. So maybe no new seats this season???

Still it will be a very nice stadium whenever it is finished.
                      Ha! Revenge for HS stadium a year ago.

Comment

Stephenville natives give us an update... with pictures.

Comment

Any new news on the stadium. the stadium construction website doesn't offer much, don't really know why they even have it. I thought they would have a construction cam like they do on the dorms they built.

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
                            Stephenville natives give us an update... with pictures.
                            Well.. There isn't much to show. They've slapped some brick up there, and that's about it. The progress is glacial at best.

I'm looking forward to some new lighting. That old Memorial Stadium lighting was like trying to play backyard football at midnight with your parents' floodlights illuminating the "field."

Comment

It's amazing how fast A&M system moves on construction projects in College Station (example: Kyle Field)

All the other campuses get Billy Fred's Contracting to come out and work at a snails pace...... priorities I guess.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X