• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Techster88
    replied
    Re: Vet school talk

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
    Yeah, but the powers that be in Amarillo are willing to give $70 million to Tech but don't do squat for WT. Oh, yeah! They did buy a $4 million dollar building in downtown Amarillo for WT's Amarillo campus.

Leave a comment:

• missourijavelina
    replied

The front gate to the King Ranch opens to the Blvd leading directly to the TAMUK campus. Talk about cattle and horse country. I have no idea what the future holds for Vet Medicine in our part of the Cowboy world.

Leave a comment:

• GoBuffsGo
    replied

Originally posted by BuffTough View Post
    I think the big push is because of our location. Beef capital of the world. We need large animal vets. Regardless this is just reenforcing what my friend told me a few months ago (I put it in the stadium thread awhile back) WT may end up with a full VET school when it is all said and done. A&M might just pull the trigger and turn the new VET curriculum at WT into a new VET school to keep Tech from opening one. Would be pretty easy to convince the state. Already have the facilities in place, have the curriculum (would use A&M's), and already have the personnel at WT to do it. Tech would have to build all of those systems at the cost of millions of dollars.

Either way it's good for WT. Millions and millions of dollars invested on our campus.
    Yeah, but the powers that be in Amarillo are willing to give $70 million to Tech but don't do squat for WT. Oh, yeah! They did buy a $4 million dollar building in downtown Amarillo for WT's Amarillo campus.

Leave a comment:

• BuffTough
    replied

I think the big push is because of our location. Beef capital of the world. We need large animal vets. Regardless this is just reenforcing what my friend told me a few months ago (I put it in the stadium thread awhile back) WT may end up with a full VET school when it is all said and done. A&M might just pull the trigger and turn the new VET curriculum at WT into a new VET school to keep Tech from opening one. Would be pretty easy to convince the state. Already have the facilities in place, have the curriculum (would use A&M's), and already have the personnel at WT to do it. Tech would have to build all of those systems at the cost of millions of dollars.

Either way it's good for WT. Millions and millions of dollars invested on our campus.

Leave a comment:

• missourijavelina
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BuffTough
    started a topic Vet school talk

Vet school talk

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/c...inarian-school

Popped up in my feed. Interesting to see the politics shaking out in public. Normally dont see so much push for public support unless it's an election.

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X