Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hogs vs Greyhounds

Well, the Greyhounds have only beat the Hogs once at Javelina stadium, but will try and make it number 2 this weekend. I'm not sure what to expect from this game as we're still trying to figure things out at Hog Nation. I'm hoping our guys can start putting things together. We need some consistency and we can't give up big plays on defense.

GO HOGS!!!

Re: Hogs vs Greyhounds

I hope Detmer isn't too banged up, that dude is a gamer and your team is a lot better with him running the show. Kingsville's Achilles heel is that DL, the depth just isn't there yet and that could be a problem with ENMU's running game.
    Also, what happened to the big WR from Kingsville? I didn't see him at all on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
      I hope Detmer isn't too banged up, that dude is a gamer and your team is a lot better with him running the show. Kingsville's Achilles heel is that DL, the depth just isn't there yet and that could be a problem with ENMU's running game.
      Also, what happened to the big WR from Kingsville? I didn't see him at all on Saturday.
      I'm not sure about our WRs. It shows Ty Chisum on the participation, but I don't believe he was ever in the game. I was also hoping Nico Brown (6'4", 220) would have a good year but I haven't seen much from him this year.

Agree about our DL being undersized (so is the OL for that matter) so I know we'll have a difficult time with the Greyhound's run game. I just hope we can do enough on offense to win. Defensively, I don't see us stopping too many teams in the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
        I'm not sure about our WRs. It shows Ty Chisum on the participation, but I don't believe he was ever in the game. I was also hoping Nico Brown (6'4", 220) would have a good year but I haven't seen much from him this year.

Agree about our DL being undersized (so is the OL for that matter) so I know we'll have a difficult time with the Greyhound's run game. I just hope we can do enough on offense to win. Defensively, I don't see us stopping too many teams in the conference.
        The JUCO's should of been hit harder for OL/DL depth last recruiting season.

Now three weeks in, it looks almost like the same old stuff. Basing this solely on our performance against Commerce might not be that much of a statement considering Commerce isn't exactly dominating their opponents like a defending national champ would since our game with them.

I hope we can at the very least making a winning season out of this one and upset either Tarleton or Midwestern along the way and a in loses be competitive. But at this point, 6-5 and another bowl of mediocrity soup might be the best we can hope for.
        Last edited by LSC Fan; 09-17-2018, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
          The JUCO's should of been hit harder for OL/DL depth last recruiting season.

Now three weeks in, it looks almost like the same old stuff. Basing this solely on our performance against Commerce might not be that much of a statement considering Commerce isn't exactly dominating their opponents like a defeniding national champ would since our game with them.

I hope we can at the very least making a winning season out of this one and upset either Tarleton or Midwestern along the way and a in loses be competitive. But at this point, 6-5 and another bowl of mediocrity soup might be the best we can hope for.
          I have to admit, I'm a bit of an eternal optimist when it comes to Javelina Football, so I keep telling myself that the coaching staff is building up the youngsters for next year. We seem to have a few guys with some size that aren't being played and I have to believe they're injured which would explain while we're utilizing LBs as DTs/DEs. I will agree with you that we knew we were thin in the OL/DL so we should have picked up some guys from the Juco ranks.

Like I said during the Commerce game, we have play makers in the skill positions, but our OL needs work. This will be a good year to test the character of our guys. Knowing we're thin in the OL/DL, if they play with a ton of heart and don't quit, it will go a long way to showing us the type of team they'll be next year. I still believe many of our remaining games are winnable if we go in with the right attitude.

GO HOGS!!!

Comment

hogs by 14, enmu o line is awful.
            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
              I have to admit, I'm a bit of an eternal optimist when it comes to Javelina Football, so I keep telling myself that the coaching staff is building up the youngsters for next year. We seem to have a few guys with some size that aren't being played and I have to believe they're injured which would explain while we're utilizing LBs as DTs/DEs. I will agree with you that we knew we were thin in the OL/DL so we should have picked up some guys from the Juco ranks.

Like I said during the Commerce game, we have play makers in the skill positions, but our OL needs work. This will be a good year to test the character of our guys. Knowing we're thin in the OL/DL, if they play with a ton of heart and don't quit, it will go a long way to showing us the type of team they'll be next year. I still believe many of our remaining games are winnable if we go in with the right attitude.

GO HOGS!!!
              This is what is called next year football. It's always going to better next year!! Heavily practiced by die hard fans of weaker programs across the country. JUST WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR.

Before you comment about Tech, yes that is why he knows this.
              Last edited by Techster88; 09-20-2018, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                This is what is called next year football. It's always going to better next year!! Heavily practiced by die hard fans of weaker programs across the country. JUST WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR.

Before you comment about Tech, yes that is why he knows this.
                LOL. I'm sure ENMU will be much better next year as they only have like 8 seniors this year. I'm still not sure what kind of team the Hounds are this year as they have lost to teams that are 8-1 with the only loss being to a DI School and have played the #1 and #14 team in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by ahshound View Post
                  LOL. I'm sure ENMU will be much better next year as they only have like 8 seniors this year. I'm still not sure what kind of team the Hounds are this year as they have lost to teams that are 8-1 with the only loss being to a DI School and have played the #1 and #14 team in the country.
                  The defense is getting markedly better. im just not convinced that Garay is the right back to have in the dive. He is not strong enough to break those tackles inside nor is he shifty enough to make them miss. The oline is getting better but man are they down from years past. So far this year we have scored 3 pts in the first half.

Love my hounds, will cheer for them no matter what, but i am really disappointed right now with how things have gone

Comment

Game about to start, Hogs get the ball first.

1st & 10 at the Hogs 33

Comment

Hogs punt, terrible deep snap and even s worse punt! Fauck!!!
                      Dawgs ball on Hogs 45

Comment

Comment

9:06 1st

Eastern 7 Hogs Squat

Comment

nice feed on youtube!

Comment