Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WT vs WNM

Another pathetic offensive performance by the Buffs. 250 total yards. I hope Hughes cans McDonough. The sooner the better. He also needs to recruit some QBs. I wish the freshman QB Perez was ready. He's very mobile and would provide a different dimension to the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      Another pathetic offensive performance by the Buffs. 250 total yards. I hope Hughes cans McDonough. The sooner the better. He also needs to recruit some QBs. I wish the freshman QB Perez was ready. He's very mobile and would provide a different dimension to the offense.

Comment

The hunted to near extintion bowl....
        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

What the heck happened in Kingsville? Looked like world beaters in game 1

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
            In my opinion, a lot of the issue is solely related to the QB play. Hood flat out misses easy throws to open receivers over and over, much like Houghtaling last year. Missed an easy TD yesterday to #85. McDonough is predictable and seems to not have to ability to make any adjustments in the game but the QB execution is horrendous. Not sure what the case is with the other transfer JUCO QB but he couldn't be any worse.

Without improved offense, I don't see any other wins this season

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
              What the heck happened in Kingsville? Looked like world beaters in game 1

Comment

Well.....WT won.....

Its amazing to me how far WT has fallen recruiting quarterbacks. Whatever Hughes vision is I hope there is improvement that will start to show the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                  Well.....WT won.....

Its amazing to me how far WT has fallen recruiting quarterbacks. Whatever Hughes vision is I hope there is improvement that will start to show the rest of the season.
                  Look at Pueblo their QBs are pedestrian at best. Those guys rail on the Qb play over on the RMAC board.

I reckon he values defensive speed and good running backs. He probably just wants a qb that doesnt throw ints, and will hit the checkdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                    Look at Pueblo their QBs are pedestrian at best. Those guys rail on the Qb play over on the RMAC board.

I reckon he values defensive speed and good running backs. He probably just wants a qb that doesnt throw ints, and will hit the checkdown.
                    I would like to know why he thinks Hood and Houghtaling are superior to Arbuckle and Brinkley. I just don't see it.

Hood has a good arm, but seems to lose his composure under any pressure. Houghtaling seems to be the better athlete, he is much more mobile and aware, but he's not much of a passer.

I'm sure both would be improved if they had better protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Edwards was actually great until his injury last year, now he's being asked to do some things outside of his skillset. Due to injuries they had to play what might be their first good high school QB recruit last year and they are trying to redshirt him this season. If they continue running the current offense with him at QB next year they will be very solid. Hard to run RPO or any option stuff with a drop back passer. Gunnar Lamphere will be their QB the next 3 years.

Hughes likely had no part of QB recruiting at Pueblo so that's a bit new to him if he's taken that on.

Comment

After watching the Tech game this past Saturday night and being completely stunned. Best game ever for Kk and best for Tech in a decade. So, maybe there is hope for Hughes in year 5 in WT fans can endure that length of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                          After watching the Tech game this past Saturday night and being completely stunned. Best game ever for Kk and best for Tech in a decade. So, maybe there is hope for Hughes in year 5 in WT fans can endure that length of time.
                          Why it pisses me off even worse that Texas let Tech off the hook last year and allowed KK to keep his job. Now its pretty much a lock they go to a bowl and possibly a decent bowl game and he gets a contract extension. It was fun each Saturday in the past watching my Tech friends self destruct on facebook calling for his job. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                            Why it pisses me off even worse that Texas let Tech off the hook last year and allowed KK to keep his job. Now its pretty much a lock they go to a bowl and possibly a decent bowl game and he gets a contract extension. It was fun each Saturday in the past watching my Tech friends self destruct on facebook calling for his job. :D
                            Yes, I have been wanting him gone for the better part of three years. His immaturity on and off the field were a disgrace. I guess eventually everyone starts to grow up. I still cannot believe I watched a game where Texas Tech played great Defense and ran the ball effectively. I was so happy I refused to let the Texans or Cowboys ruin my weekend. Turned both games off by halftime.
                            Last edited by Techster88; 09-24-2018, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                              Edwards was actually great until his injury last year, now he's being asked to do some things outside of his skillset. Due to injuries they had to play what might be their first good high school QB recruit last year and they are trying to redshirt him this season. If they continue running the current offense with him at QB next year they will be very solid. Hard to run RPO or any option stuff with a drop back passer. Gunnar Lamphere will be their QB the next 3 years.

Hughes likely had no part of QB recruiting at Pueblo so that's a bit new to him if he's taken that on.
                              These guys are used to seeing a Carthel team headed and centered around a QB. Hughes is more used to a team centered around a dominant defense, the best players on their teams were d lineman, Linebackers or corners.

IE Payer vs Perez

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X