Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midwestern St vs Eastern NM

Eastern looks to be down this season, but cray things occur out in Portales. At least this game is not at Blackwater Draw (hopefully no Alien intervention).

This could be a trap game for the Mustangs. Eastern runs an offense that is hard to defend unless you are very disciplined (Mustangs have shown they struggle with this concept this season). Will they be looking a head to next weeks showdown with TX A&M Commerce?

Re: Midwestern St vs Eastern NM

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
    Eastern looks to be down this season, but cray things occur out in Portales. At least this game is not at Blackwater Draw (hopefully no Alien intervention).

This could be a trap game for the Mustangs. Eastern runs an offense that is hard to defend unless you are very disciplined (Mustangs have shown they struggle with this concept this season). Will they be looking a head to next weeks showdown with TX A&M Commerce?
    The offense looked ALOT better last week, but i wonder if that had more to do with the ineptness of Kingsville line or Eastern finally putting it together.

The defense shined as well, giving up only 229 yards.

We shall see how things go, ill be there hoping this is a turn around.

My gut says its not though and Eastern is going to be on the wrong side of a lop sided score.
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Midwestern by 21 at least

Comment

This could be a trap game for the Mustangs. Eastern runs an offense that is hard to defend unless you are very disciplined (Mustangs have shown they struggle with this concept this season). Will they be looking ahead to next weeks showdown with TX A&M Commerce?
        I agree. It's unlikely Midwestern will go undefeated, and it will be easy to look past ENMU.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
          I agree. It's unlikely Midwestern will go undefeated, and it will be easy to look past ENMU.
          I disagree, this is may be the best team we have ever had.

2011 had video game numbers like they are putting up now. 2011 is a pretty hard team to beat, One chip shot from moving on.

Comment

This two week swing was concerning when the schedule came out. Not for the Mustangs overlooking the Hounds and looking forward to the Lions. But the lower bumps, bruises, and injuries that always come out of this game due to their blocking style. I hope the refs are mindful of the cut blocks that are employed by the Hounds. The next issue is, it is another road game. The trip to UTPB was not really a stellar one, the team came out a tad slow and a somewhat unmotivated appererance. To be expected from a team with a good number of undercalssmen on the roster. The roster is slim in several key positions on the defensive side of the ball. Any type of injury could have major affects the following week against the Lions.

Comment

After 4 weeks, what have you seen and which team or teams do you think will put a L in the Mustangs Loss column? For the record, when the season began, I felt they would have at least one loss this season.

Comment

Originally posted by BJ Hawk View Post
                After 4 weeks, what have you seen and which team or teams do you think will put a L in the Mustangs Loss column? For the record, when the season began, I felt they would have at least one loss this season.
                Unbeaten seasons are rare. I don't think Commerce will pose much of a threat, but I could be wrong. Certainly WT will not, barring major miracles. Maybe Tarleton can play well enough to defeat MSU.

I have no issues either way with MSU. I probably respect Maskill more than most, except in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by BJ Hawk View Post
                  This two week swing was concerning when the schedule came out. Not for the Mustangs overlooking the Hounds and looking forward to the Lions. But the lower bumps, bruises, and injuries that always come out of this game due to their blocking style. I hope the refs are mindful of the cut blocks that are employed by the Hounds. The next issue is, it is another road game. The trip to UTPB was not really a stellar one, the team came out a tad slow and a somewhat unmotivated appererance. To be expected from a team with a good number of undercalssmen on the roster. The roster is slim in several key positions on the defensive side of the ball. Any type of injury could have major affects the following week against the Lions.
                  1. Lions offense is terrible.

2. The fact that Easterns offense uses cut blocks is moot, its not a new tecnique coaches should be working to teach their line etc how to play off of them.(commerce d does well)

Also if blocking below the waist is inherently
                  dangerous so is tackling below the waist.

3. The real challenge for most defenses in the LSC is that Eastern runs a very physical offense, they come at you down field and are trying to get you on the ground nearly every play.

Most offenses in the LSC are pass heavy which allows many Defenses to relax into coverage. Eastern throws maybe 15 times at most, even then its play action.

Seriously, its one of the things Kelley Lee uses to recruit Lineman, " You want to drop back in pass pro all day, or do you want to
                  get down field and squash someone?"

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                    1. Lions offense is terrible.

2. The fact that Easterns offense uses cut blocks is moot, its not a new tecnique coaches should be working to teach their line etc how to play off of them.(commerce d does well)

Also if blocking below the waist is inherently
                    dangerous so is tackling below the waist.

3. The real challenge for most defenses in the LSC is that Eastern runs a very physical offense, they come at you down field and are trying to get you on the ground nearly every play.

Most offenses in the LSC are pass heavy which allows many Defenses to relax into coverage. Eastern throws maybe 15 times at most, even then its play action.

Seriously, its one of the things Kelley Lee uses to recruit Lineman, " You want to drop back in pass pro all day, or do you want to
                    get down field and squash someone?"
                    Hopefully, the LSC officials enforce the no blocks below the waist outside the tackle box.

Comment

Hopefully, the LSC officials enforce the no blocks below the waist outside the tackle box.
                      new rule is 5yds from los. from the front

inside tacklebox by a lineman is still free block zone so long as its not high low.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                        new rule is 5yds from los. from the front

inside tacklebox by a lineman is still free block zone so long as its not high low.
                        Correct *Tackle box is 5 yards from the line of scrimmage.

Comment

Unbeaten seasons are rare. I don't think Commerce will pose much of a threat, but I could be wrong. Certainly WT will not, barring major miracles. Maybe Tarleton can play well enough to defeat MSU.

I have no issues either way with MSU. I probably respect Maskill more than most, except in the playoffs.

Comment

Correct *Tackle box is 5 yards from the line of scrimmage.
                            Also the backs can still cut block all the way to the sideline within 5 yards of the neutral zone.

Comment

If only the snap had been better ;-)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X