Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustangs vs Hogs

Should be a good night for football. MSU will use this game to take out their frustration for losing to Commerce. I won't be surprised to see them break their old record of most points scored (73-6 in '07). I plan to be at the game and will stay to the very end regardless of the score.

GO HOGS!!!

Re: Mustangs vs Hogs

Whoever did the schedule for y'all did you no favors. Back to back rough games. Good luck against Midwestern.

Comment

After seeing Highlands in person this past weekend it is astonishing that they had the chance to beat the Hogs. Not sure what happened down there, Wilkinson did some great things as the OC at Pueblo and while coordinators don't always turn into a great head coaches, it's hard to think that he is the problem. Really hoping he can turn the program around.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
        Whoever did the schedule for y'all did you no favors. Back to back rough games. Good luck against Midwestern.
        The LSC office. That's not their fault. It's ours for watching our program burn while you all and others have done things to build up. Like I've said. We are the D2 version of Nebraska where their fan base, big cigars, etc. thought the brand and history would see them through the dips they had and here sit in Sucksville too.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
          The LSC office. That's not their fault. It's ours for watching our program burn while you all and others have done things to build up. Like I've said. We are the D2 version of Nebraska where their fan base, big cigars, etc. thought the brand and history would see them through the dips they had and here sit in Sucksville too.
          True. Seriously, you guys deserve far better than what you're getting.

I do have a question. You nearly knocked off Commerce. What on Earth happened?

Comment

The conference really did no one any favors, I mean if you look if you play MSU the next week you play Tarleton.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
              After seeing Highlands in person this past weekend it is astonishing that they had the chance to beat the Hogs. Not sure what happened down there, Wilkinson did some great things as the OC at Pueblo and while coordinators don't always turn into a great head coaches, it's hard to think that he is the problem. Really hoping he can turn the program around.
              Simple. He hasn't had the all the tools he's needed to attract recruits.

It's always been hard to recruit to Kingsville. It's away from the major metro areas like the DFW, Houston, etc and doesn't have the amenities those metro areas offer close by that our peers enjoy. Never the less, until the social media age and facilities arms race got going about a decade or so ago, we managed to hold our own and could use history as a selling point. Now a days kids want to see "bling" and we are not showing it. Almost all of our peers in D2 in Texas have improved their facilities or have plans for major upgrades or they are a work in progress (WTAM) and we've done nothing but replace the grass with turf and add new restrooms and ticket booths. Whoope! Rumors are we have plans, but for several reasons they are not being disclosed right now. So it comes down to us not being able to compete in the same recruiting pool we once were major players in, even against some of the FCS schools in the state. Heck, I know they are Div 1AA or FCS , Prairie View A&M used to be horrible program and owned the nations longest losing streak in the nation at one time last decade and they've risen from the ashes. They decided to go all in and build new facilities and are now competitive in their league. Funny how that works. How soon we get off our asses and get it done down here depends on the big cigars and decision makers. Not us little people who post on these boards.

The current adminstration has done quite a bit to improve the academic side of the coin with new facilites, degree programs and quality of life and enrollement has increased in kind. It's a big disappointment to many of us, the focus was lost with what needed to be done with our football program. I recall back in back 5, 10 or 15 years ago when some of our peers were down or treading water, they were putting down the foundation to become competetive in this league. We could of done things in piecemeal like approach to upgrade things as we go, but chose to go another route. Now the bill to get back to even in the conversation about being competetive and taken seriously will cost a heck of alot more.
              Last edited by LSC Fan; 10-08-2018, 03:07 PM.

Comment

That's a good question. You could say Commerce was off that night, but then again they really haven't looked all that dominating this year, save their game against Lock Haven. They beat MSU, but who knows how all the chaos with the weather and venue change played into that loss for MSU or was it MSU's day to be off? Or is Commerce slowly coming around to the team many thought they might be? We do have some injuries, but all teams have those and it's a testament to not being able to recruit the depth we need to fill those slots. I hate to say it, but we had the same issues with our line last season where we were outmanned physically and I've seen it in every game to date. Even in the Commerce game, we were getting beat on the line late and the only thing that saved us and gave us a chance is we did manage to get a good lead going into the half.
                Last edited by LSC Fan; 10-08-2018, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X