Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hogs vs Buffs

Originally posted by texcap View Post
    I'd like an update from the WT fans regarding the player that was taken off on the stretcher. Hope it is just precautionary and he is okay.
    In the post game interview Coach Hughes said Mitchell was moving all his extremities, talking with teammates. Hughes said Mitchell was going to the hospital as a precaution.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      In the post game interview Coach Hughes said Mitchell was moving all his extremities, talking with teammates. Hughes said Mitchell was going to the hospital as a precaution.
      Great news.

Comment

I saw we will have a really good lineman for next year. He was on the sideline tonight watching. Kerry Buckmaster, look him up. He was on the most recent season of Last Chance U

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
          I saw we will have a really good lineman for next year. He was on the sideline tonight watching. Kerry Buckmaster, look him up. He was on the most recent season of Last Chance U
          He orginally signed with Missouri Western. I wonder what happened

Comment

Well, a win is a win. Despite the 4 home run long plays, WT's offense/scheme is difficult to watch. Is it lack of personnel to execute the scheme or the scheme? Sure, the Buffs put points up with 4 long plays, but the rest of the time it was 3-and-out, 3-and-out. 10 first downs. Our defense was on the field all night. Time of possession favored Kingsville 40 minutes to 20 minutes. It was hard to watch till the Kingsville D would give up a long gainer for a TD.

After 10 games this season, the WT offense is dead last in the LSC. 276 yards offense per game, 58 yards per game behind the next worst offense. 276 yards is not even a half of offense for Tarleton. WT desperately needs a mobile QB. Time and again last night Detmer scampered out of the hands of defenders turning sacks into positive yardage. Houghtaling has ZERO ability to extend plays. Several times last night, Houghtaling got chased. A QB with only average speed gets 20 yards on the scramble and the chains keep moving. Houghtaling barely gets back to the LOS if that. Jeez! WT needs bigger, better OL's. A couple more WR playmakers.

I watched the recorded OU/Tech last night when I got home. The imaginative library of plays that flow from Riley and Kingsbury keeps defenses guessing all night. Not much guessing to defend WT. I think back to the embarrassing Eastern game. WT got stuffed and stuffed good. But, then I remember the Angelo game, where the Buffs made some drives and controlled the line of scrimmage. It's frustrating. Is there a screen pass in the playbook? A passing route over the middle? Even a simple WR slant? Do we ever throw to a TE? Slip a back thru the line for a middle screen or route in the middle? Anything kinda sorta tricky?

Does Hughes hang with his OC? The gap between the Buff offense and the best offenses in the league is as wide as Palo Duro Canyon. It makes me wonder if the OC is up to the kind of offense Hughes needs to really get the fire started under his program. Football business is brutal. You either get it done or you don't. Is it a matter of personnel needing to get better, the young kids developing and growing into the system? Or is it something else that needs to be addressed? 276 yards per game offense next year the Buffs will be mid-tier LSC......maybe. What's it going to take to get those numbers up into the 450 yard range and keep opponent D's on the field?

I imagine McDonough will be back. But, by golly, if I were the HC reviewing the season, I would be wondering if the offense needs new leadership? Stats are stats. They sometimes lie, but they can't be ignored, and should be trusted for what they reveal more often than not.

So much for my uninformed and probably stupid ramblings.
            Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-04-2018, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RamFamAlum View Post
              He was signed with Lindenwood for this fall. No clue what happened once he got there though

Comment

Originally posted by RamFamAlum View Post

Lindenwood

https://twitter.com/Kerryb52/status/...159296001?s=20

Comment

Well, a win is a win. Despite the 4 home run long plays, WT's offense/scheme is difficult to watch. Is it lack of personnel to execute the scheme or the scheme? Sure, the Buffs put points up with 4 long plays, but the rest of the time it was 3-and-out, 3-and-out. 10 first downs. Our defense was on the field all night. Time of possession favored Kingsville 40 minutes to 20 minutes. It was hard to watch till the Kingsville D would give up a long gainer for a TD.

After 10 games this season, the WT offense is dead last in the LSC. 276 yards offense per game, 58 yards per game behind the next worst offense. 276 yards is not even a half of offense for Tarleton. WT desperately needs a mobile QB. Time and again last night Detmer scampered out of the hands of defenders turning sacks into positive yardage. Houghtaling has ZERO ability to extend plays. Several times last night, Houghtaling got chased. A QB with only average speed gets 20 yards on the scramble. Houghtaling barely gets back to the LOS. Jeez! WT needs bigger, better OL's. A couple more WR playmakers.

I watched the recorded OU/Tech last night when I got home. The imaginative library of plays that flow from Riley and Kingsbury keeps defenses guessing all night. Not much guessing to defend WT. I think back to the embarrassing Eastern game. WT got stuffed and stuffed good. But, then I remember the Angelo game, where the Buffs made some drives and controlled the line of scrimmage. It's frustrating. Is there a screen pass in the playbook? A passing route over the middle? Even a simple WR slant? Anything kinda sorta tricky?

Does Hughes hang with his OC? The gap between the Buff offense and the best offenses in the league is as wide as Palo Duro Canyon. It makes me wonder if the OC is up to the kind of offense Hughes needs to really get the fire started under his program. Football business is brutal. You either get it done or you don't. Is it all a matter of personnel needing to get better, the young kids developing and growing into the system? Or is it something else that needs to be addressed? 276 yards per game offense next year the Buffs will be mid-tier LSC......maybe. What's it going to take to get those numbers up into the 450 yard range and keep opponent D's on the field?

I imagine McDonough will be back. But, by golly, if I were the HC reviewing the season, I would be wondering if the offense needs new leadership? Stats are stats. They sometimes lie, but they can't be ignored, and should be trusted for what they reveal more often than not.

Pretty accurate to me. WT is lucky to have won 6 this year with that offense. Kingsville literally had 9 in the box last most of the game. A couple of little slants across the middle wouldve been big gainers all night. There seems to be no ability whatsoever to adapt by the OC. It's a simple offense to shut down. You could have 5 good linemen and this offense would still suck because how predictable it is

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Yeah, man! I just watched his video on Hudl. Big boy center with really good quickness. I sure hope he's on the spring roster. 3 or 4 more big boys like him and the WT OL might be able to "visibly" push a defense back on it's heels. If we run something other than the off-tackle dive.
                    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-04-2018, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Is it lack of personnel to execute the scheme or the scheme?
                      Yes, it's both. It's scary that Houghtaling is our best QB. His bomb was perfect but for the rest of the game he was 5 of 14 for 28 yards, with -1 yards rushing. You are right, he's too slow to make a difference running the ball. He is very smart, which is why he's playing over Hood.

Remember how you guys used to blast Preston Rabb? In this offense he would be 10 times better than both of our guys.

The Kingsville offense looked great last night. They could run and pass almost at will. Thankfully they stopped themselves as much as our defense did.

Except for the big plays, it WAS a hard game to watch. Our few plays looked like they were thought of in the huddle.

The OC has to go. I would take Kingsville's OC, or pretty much anyone else's over ours.
                      Last edited by WT_TKW; 11-04-2018, 11:40 AM.

Comment

After 10 games this season, the WT offense is dead last in the LSC. 276 yards offense per game, 58 yards per game behind the next worst offense. 276 yards is not even a half of offense for Tarleton. WT desperately needs a mobile QB. Time and again last night Detmer scampered out of the hands of defenders turning sacks into positive yardage. Houghtaling has ZERO ability to extend plays. Several times last night, Houghtaling got chased. A QB with only average speed gets 20 yards on the scramble. Houghtaling barely gets back to the LOS. Jeez! WT needs bigger, better OL's. A couple more WR playmakers.

I watched the recorded OU/Tech last night when I got home. The imaginative library of plays that flow from Riley and Kingsbury keeps defenses guessing all night. Not much guessing to defend WT. I think back to the embarrassing Eastern game. WT got stuffed and stuffed good. But, then I remember the Angelo game, where the Buffs made some drives and controlled the line of scrimmage. It's frustrating. Is there a screen pass in the playbook? A passing route over the middle? Even a simple WR slant? Do we ever throw to a TE? Slip a back thru the line for a middle screen or route in the middle? Anything kinda sorta tricky?

Does Hughes hang with his OC? The gap between the Buff offense and the best offenses in the league is as wide as Palo Duro Canyon. It makes me wonder if the OC is up to the kind of offense Hughes needs to really get the fire started under his program. Football business is brutal. You either get it done or you don't. Is it a matter of personnel needing to get better, the young kids developing and growing into the system? Or is it something else that needs to be addressed? 276 yards per game offense next year the Buffs will be mid-tier LSC......maybe. What's it going to take to get those numbers up into the 450 yard range and keep opponent D's on the field?

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                          Yes, it's both. It's scary that Houghtaling is our best QB. His bomb was perfect but for the rest of the game he was 5 of 14 for 28 yards, with -1 yards rushing. You are right, he's too slow to make a difference running the ball. He is very smart, which is why he's playing over Hood.

Remember how you guys used to blast Preston Rabb? In this offense he would be 10 times better than both of our guys.

The Kingsville offense looked like great last night. They could run and pass almost at will. Thankfully they stopped themselves as much as our defense did.

Except for the big plays, it WAS a hard game to watch. Our few plays look like they are thought of in the huddle.

The OC has to go. I would take Kingsville's OC, or pretty much anyone else's over ours.
                          Don't be so quick to want to take ours. There is a reason we are 3-7 with our only real big win being against an NAIA school. What you saw last might from our offense might be the fact you all are on the same boat as we are. One team was bound to look better than the other, but both stunk. It was just a battle to who came smelling better, but still smelled like crap, spoiled meat, dead animals or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                            Don't be so quick to want to take ours. There is a reason we are 3-7 with our only real big win being against an NAIA school. What you saw last might from our offense might be the fact you all are on the same boat as we are. One team was bound to look better than the other, but both stunk. It was just a battle to who came smelling better, but still smelled like crap, spoiled meat, dead animals or whatever.
                            Both teams smelled like 6 day old Vietnamese fish sauce.

Actually, I thought Kingsville came to play. Your intensity and enthusiasm exceeded WT's. You pretty much moved the ball at will. A few key defensive lapses allowed WT's pathetic offense to score when it looked they couldn't even pick up consecutive first downs all night.

Comment

Is your coach a goner after this year?

Comment

Last edited by RamFamAlum; 11-04-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X