Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commerce @ Tarleton THE REMATCH

Re: Commerce @ Tarleton THE REMATCH

I think you might be out over your skis a bit on that final score. Nothing Commerce wants more this year than that 4th quarter back against you. That was a 6 point game after the third quarter 5 weeks ago. Commerce is a different team now. That said, you should rightly be favored, but this is a certainly winnable game for us. We just held a 480ypg offense to 188 yards in Duluth. I expect a close game.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
      I think you might be out over your skis a bit on that final score. Nothing Commerce wants more this year than that 4th quarter back against you. That was a 6 point game after the third quarter 5 weeks ago. Commerce is a different team now. That said, you should rightly be favored, but this is a certainly winnable game for us. We just held a 480ypg offense to 188 yards in Duluth. I expect a close game.

Comment

Well Ive personally posted several times over the last 6 or 7 weeks that I think you and Valdosta are the favorites for the title, and that hasnt changed for me. After todays game at Duluth though, I give us a solid chance. You wont be playing the same team you did 5 weeks ago on either side of the ball.

Comment

If Commerce plays much better than they did today, I think they can win. However I will go with Tarleton by 7.

Comment

Comment

He also had several long passes dropped into the bucket that receivers dropped, 2 for easy TDs and a few for big gains. Those go the other way next week and its a different story. I expect us to be slinging next week. Also, just glad to be playing in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                He also had several long passes dropped into the bucket that receivers dropped, 2 for easy TDs and a few for big gains. Those go the other way next week and its a different story. I expect us to be slinging next week. Also, just glad to be playing in Texas.
                Yes, he did have some nice passes dropped. That too will have to be cleaned up to have a shot at upsetting the Texans. Another concern was KW just throwing the ball into clump of players. Texan secondary is far superior to what UMD has. 24 is a ball hawk.

Two things that were glaring for me was how bad the UMD secondary and offense were. I really never figured out what they were doing on offense. QB runs seemed to be a mainstay?!?!? There was so many Lion receivers running wide open and constantly getting behind the secondary. I suspect talented passing QBs are not in abundance in their conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                  Yes, he did have some nice passes dropped. That too will have to be cleaned up to have a shot at upsetting the Texans. Another concern was KW just throwing the ball into clump of players. Texan secondary is far superior to what UMD has. 24 is a ball hawk.

Two things that were glaring for me was how bad the UMD secondary and offense were. I really never figured out what they were doing on offense. QB runs seemed to be a mainstay?!?!? There was so many Lion receivers running wide open and constantly getting behind the secondary. I suspect talented passing QBs are not in abundance in their conference.
                  Yeah, they just dont have the same kind of athletes we do. Our secondary is so much better than a month ago its almost stunning, and our receivers are getting open quicker. Its still evolving a bit, but I like what Ive seen. UMD averaged 480 ypg this season, and they were nearly helpless.

Comment

Tarleton had three starting offensive linemen injuried yesterday. My initial guess is at least two will play against Commerce but we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
                      Tarleton had three starting offensive linemen injuried yesterday. My initial guess is at least two will play against Commerce but we shall see.

Comment

My guess is the center and guard can play next week. Not sure about the tackle. Hope all are ok in the long run.

Comment

Injuries can be the downfall to any good team. I hate to hear that. I did see several go down, as APU did lots of cutting. I hope they are okay.

I look forward to seeing my peeps from Tarleton and my peeps from Commerce this weekend. Being that this is a critical game and I have some time off this week, I hope to put together a great write-up. I have a bunch of passion for both of these stellar programs. Win or lose...both of these teams have had a Hell of a season.

Comment

Watched the TAMUC game. They may be gelling - but Wilson has to be more protective with the football. It will come down to 2 things when Commerce is involved (1 thing this year and the other every year that Carthel is there) ---- turnovers and PENALTIES! I just don't understand the mentality of getting PF's over and over and how there never seems to be any personal accountability even if it's in retaliation.
                            It will be the Lions undoing this week or one in the future if they lose. Would love to see them play a clean game - it would make this contest a 50/50 proposition with Tarleton.
                            On a positive note - the Lions are battle tested in the playoffs, the Texans are not. The Texans run the football and play great defense. The Lions pass more than run and play great defense. Shapes up to be a great one. Home field to Tarleton - not sure that is an advantage as the Lions play better on the road (undefeated again this year). Coaching edge to Carthel (been there done all that last year).
                            I'm going with the champ -------- 23-21. CSUP in the regional final so if TAMUC wins Saturday, they can have a revenge year all in the same year. Should be a GREAT one!

Comment

Originally posted by cchrstnsn View Post
                              Watched the TAMUC game. They may be gelling - but Wilson has to be more protective with the football. It will come down to 2 things when Commerce is involved (1 thing this year and the other every year that Carthel is there) ---- turnovers and PENALTIES! I just don't understand the mentality of getting PF's over and over and how there never seems to be any personal accountability even if it's in retaliation.
                              It will be the Lions undoing this week or one in the future if they lose. Would love to see them play a clean game - it would make this contest a 50/50 proposition with Tarleton.
                              On a positive note - the Lions are battle tested in the playoffs, the Texans are not. The Texans run the football and play great defense. The Lions pass more than run and play great defense. Shapes up to be a great one. Home field to Tarleton - not sure that is an advantage as the Lions play better on the road (undefeated again this year). Coaching edge to Carthel (been there done all that last year).
                              I'm going with the champ -------- 23-21. CSUP in the regional final so if TAMUC wins Saturday, they can have a revenge year all in the same year. Should be a GREAT one!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X