X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

When looking at the past years rankings, the committee has regularly valued an 11 game d2 schedule over a 10 or 9 game schedule. Some if it has to do with the way the math works out, Win% etc, but at 9-0 Tarletons win % is just as good as Mines and Minn ST.

I believe also in Witwicki's interview of a member of the committee a couple years ago they expressed as such that playing 11 d2 games mattered to them.

Leave a comment:

• Boohaha
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Can you explain this?
    When looking at the past years rankings, the committee has regularly valued an 11 game d2 schedule over a 10 or 9 game schedule. Some if it has to do with the way the math works out, Win% etc, but at 9-0 Tarletons win % is just as good as Mines and Minn ST.

I believe also in Witwicki's interview of a member of the committee a couple years ago they expressed as such that playing 11 d2 games mattered to them.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

The committee just showed them 11 games>10
    Can you explain this?

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    bowl game, no bowl game......I couldn't care less.

H3ll, I only watch two FBS bowl games a year (MAYBE) and the Natty.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Plenty of teams (28) get the opportunity to play in the playoffs though, do they not? If you want a consolation prize then be my guest, send me your address and CapriSuns are on me.
    Hahahaha

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Nah I'm good
    Best post of the day.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

8 or 10 teams in d2 get the opportunity. But yeah, participation ribbons suck! I'm sure you are very manly.
    Plenty of teams (28) get the opportunity to play in the playoffs though, do they not? If you want a consolation prize then be my guest, send me your address and CapriSuns are on me.

Leave a comment:

• JakeTAMUC
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Shouldn't the teams that don't almost qualify for the playoffs get extra practice? If this is the goal is, to have more practice time, then let's give the teams that clearly need it more time to improve. This argument makes no sense. You shouldn't get rewarded in life for being almost good enough.
    8 or 10 teams in d2 get the opportunity. But yeah, participation ribbons suck! I'm sure you are very manly.

Leave a comment:

• marvda1
    replied
    if the ncaa d2 cannot come up with a way for all teams to play the same number of games then they should not favor one over the other.

Leave a comment:

• Boohaha
    replied

If you watched the selection show, there were no seeds shown on any of the 5-7 teams. They were placed based on location, not number of seed.
    With the committee favoring 11 d2 games.....I'm willing to bet the teams were ranked just how they look now.

If Angelo wins yesterday they are 9-2 they are in, so why would commerce with 7 wins in 10 games be in over any other 8 win in 11 games team?

Leave a comment:

• LionFan
    replied
    In terms of the bowl games, I think can be great if it's the right scenario. If you are WT and you've had a much improved season and want to give those kids who helped build towards something bigger a pat on the back, it's a great thing to go to. It's also a great sign to your fan base that you're headed in the right direction. You've taken the next step.

If you're Commerce and you've been in the playoffs 4 (now 5) straight years, a bowl game sucks. I remember the first year we went to one, it was awesome. We were finally out of the grave, so to speak. We had arrived finally. Now if we missed the playoffs and got a bowl game, it'd be really hard to get amped at all for that. I'd rather have our brand new coaching staff get started on their first full recruiting cycle together.

Perspective is everything.

Bowls definitely have their place, but it's not for all teams.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied

If you watched the selection show, there were no seeds shown on any of the 5-7 teams. They were placed based on location, not number of seed.
    Yeah, 5-7 are no longer seeded per say, and no longer set in a certain region. Should be a fun postseason.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

I like the "bowl games are for sissies" argument. Totally trumps "an extra month of practice would really benefit the program" argument. You win!
    Shouldn't the teams that don't almost qualify for the playoffs get extra practice? If this is the goal is, to have more practice time, then let's give the teams that clearly need it more time to improve. This argument makes no sense. You shouldn't get rewarded in life for being almost good enough.

Leave a comment:

• LionFan
    replied

Souix falls already got the 6 seed, Commerce 7,
    If Commerce lost to Angelo how in the world would Commerce be in, the committee barely put them at 7 Angelo would be 9-2, no way they get ranked behind either commerce(h2h win over commerce), or souix falls(Angelo with better record).

Leave a comment:

• Boohaha
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Commerce W% .700 + SOS .575 = 1.275
    Sioux Falls W% .727 + SOS .509 = 1.236

Based on the committee's practices this year, I think TAMUC would've been in.
    Souix falls already got the 6 seed, Commerce 7,
    If Commerce lost to Angelo how in the world would Commerce be in, the committee barely put them at 7 Angelo would be 9-2, no way they get ranked behind either commerce(h2h win over commerce), or souix falls(Angelo with better record).

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X