X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbonium
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

I guess time will tell. I will say this, Carthiel accepted bowl bids every year he got one and we know where that ended up. We will see in 3 or 4 years where the "no consolation prize" geniuses take the programs.
    And Pueblo never even got invited to one and we know where that ended up. Not a great argument really but alright, onward with the sissification of society!

Leave a comment:

• Buff Fan 05
    replied

I guess time will tell. I will say this, Carthiel accepted bowl bids every year he got one and we know where that ended up. We will see in 3 or 4 years where the "no consolation prize" geniuses take the programs.
    Daddy Carthel did also and WT fans typically travelled well

Leave a comment:

• JakeTAMUC
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Sometimes valuable life lessons are learned in sports. Lessons like not being good enough sometimes is going to happen, even when you give it your all, you don't always get rewarded. There are far too many bowl games in FBS as well but that's an entirely different conversation. There is a playoff system for the teams who did what is needed to continue playing, D2 bowl games are a joke in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

I'll propose the idea, gonna start working on a letter now. Thanks
    Let me know if you need me to proofread it. Heck, let's go big and everyone gets 2 bowl games now and make sure the fruit snacks are name brand, none of that knock-off crap.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied

I think a full extra month of practicing 6 days a week for the program should outweigh the opinion that it's a participation trophy. The tangible benefit to that is pretty large when you are spending that time preparing underclassmen to take over duties next season. Private organizations that run bowl games do it because they think they can make money, they are interested in profit and not providing consolidation prizes.
    Sometimes valuable life lessons are learned in sports. Lessons like not being good enough sometimes is going to happen, even when you give it your all, you don't always get rewarded. There are far too many bowl games in FBS as well but that's an entirely different conversation. There is a playoff system for the teams who did what is needed to continue playing, D2 bowl games are a joke in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Buff Fan 05
    replied

So then let everyone play again, send out trophies and blue ribbons to everyone, not only to those who were almost good enough.
    I'll propose the idea, gonna start working on a letter now. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied

One more chance to travel and strap it up. D2 players aren't doing it for the perks and flashy rewards, they do it because they enjoy playing.
    So then let everyone play again, send out trophies and blue ribbons to everyone, not only to those who were almost good enough.

Leave a comment:

• Buff Fan 05
    replied

I don't understand why a division with a playoff system rewarding teams with seasons that were good enough to qualify has bowl games as a consolation prize. I understand even less the number of people who would normally be against the sissification of our society that think that these "fruit snack and juice box" games (thanks Fort Hays, I like it) are something that should be a thing.
    One more chance to travel and strap it up. D2 players aren't doing it for the perks and flashy rewards, they do it because they enjoy playing.

Leave a comment:

• JakeTAMUC
    replied

I don't understand why a division with a playoff system rewarding teams with seasons that were good enough to qualify has bowl games as a consolation prize. I understand even less the number of people who would normally be against the sissification of our society that think that these "fruit snack and juice box" games (thanks Fort Hays, I like it) are something that should be a thing.
    I think a full extra month of practicing 6 days a week for the program should outweigh the opinion that it's a participation trophy. The tangible benefit to that is pretty large when you are spending that time preparing underclassmen to take over duties next season. Private organizations that run bowl games do it because they think they can make money, they are interested in profit and not providing consolidation prizes.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied

I dont understand why you decline an extra month of practice time.

Leave a comment:

• Buff Fan 05
    replied

That also. Makes no sense to me. I'm not a coach though so I just get to gripe about it

Leave a comment:

• JakeTAMUC
    replied

I have a feeling WT will do the same. Personally, I think it's bullsheet for the senior players

Leave a comment:

• Buff Fan 05
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    FYI.....Angelo has declined a Bowl game and gonna concentrate on recruiting.
    I have a feeling WT will do the same. Personally, I think it's bullsheet for the senior players

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    FYI.....Angelo has declined a Bowl game and gonna concentrate on recruiting.

Leave a comment:

• JakeTAMUC
    replied
    Originally posted by asudad

Oh and i'm guessing you know everything about these players and coaches too? How about we stop talking negative about our players and coaches and start being positive to motivate them. No wonder they cant play their best when their own parents are making negative comments about their teams and coaches. I hope one day you all learn and realize the things these coaches do for our kids and start being grateful, it's a shame theres still people like you guys.
    Welcome to the board man. First thing to understand, this is NOT a parents message board - if you want one of those you will need to go start one somewhere. Lots of alums, former players, long time program supporters, etc. Some parents are around, but they generally come and go as their kids go through school. Have a thick skin, dont take anything personally about you or Angelo, and you might learn to enjoy it here. If every criticism is going to bother you, might be a good idea to look elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X