Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that the problems with the Javelinas aren't so much with Wilkinson but the overall Javelina Football program itself. I think that Wilkinson could do well if he had, well, players. I do think that the offensive scheme that he uses isn't viable with the talent that he has. Unfortunately, the running game is almost non-existent and has turned the Javelinas into a one-dimensional offense. I don't know if the mediocre running game is because of the quality of the RBs, OL or both. HOWEVER, should Wilkinson be given another year? Would he even want it?

Comment

IMHO - Wt repaired their program the correct way. Made a commitment to the program. Announced a timeline and did a good job of staying on schedule.
      I appears the coaching hire was on target. There has been an ongoing learning curve with this being Hughes first HC job, however, the results are good.
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
        IMHO - Wt repaired their program the correct way. Made a commitment to the program. Announced a timeline and did a good job of staying on schedule.
        I appears the coaching hire was on target. There has been an ongoing learning curve with this being Hughes first HC job, however, the results are good.
        I have been on of y'alls biggest critics, and up until this year would have said yall are wrong but after this years wagon wheel game I'll agree, good physical team that plays competent defense.

Lord help us all.....

I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

I have been on of y'alls biggest critics, and up until this year would have said yall are wrong but after this years wagon wheel game I'll agree, good physical team that plays competent defense.

Lord help us all.....
          It probably would have been a lot closer had the Hounds not turned the ball over 6 times.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

It probably would have been a lot closer had the Hounds not turned the ball over 6 times.
            Bro, tell me about it, the letdown from that game I think directly led to the UTPB debacle.

Think about this....5 out of 9 teams in the lsc with +.500 records and only one OOC loss among those 5 teams, 2 of which beat a conference champ.

Going 8-3/7-4 in the LSC no small accomplishment, conference is strong.

Comment

Originally posted by ccchhhrrriiisss View Post
              I agree that the problems with the Javelinas aren't so much with Wilkinson but the overall Javelina Football program itself. I think that Wilkinson could do well if he had, well, players. I do think that the offensive scheme that he uses isn't viable with the talent that he has. Unfortunately, the running game is almost non-existent and has turned the Javelinas into a one-dimensional offense. I don't know if the mediocre running game is because of the quality of the RBs, OL or both. HOWEVER, should Wilkinson be given another year? Would he even want it?

It all comes back to full circle with recruiting. If we can't be competitive in the market place with facilities and not offering full scholarships allowed by the NCAA and the LSC, then we are left with plugging those slots with prospects from the non traditional recruiting centers. Look at our two deep from the WTAM game and we have players from high schools locally who are absolutely mediocre to horrible programs right now such like one locally who just finished 0-10. They were not much better when those players were there. We always had players from South Texas on our rosters, but they were from respectable programs and they hardly dominated the two deeps like they do now. And it pains me to say this because I want to see South Texas players succede as I'm from the RGV originally where high school football players even get less of a chance. But I'm also a realist who knows if you want to be a serious player in the market place known as championship level college football, you have to go where the talent is located who can get you there is and it's just not here in the large numbers needed. What serious talent we do have down here who might have gone to TAMUK back in the day, now goes north.

It would be kind of a shock if Wilk stays either voluntarily or involuntarily. If he was promised things when he was first hired four years ago to use to help improve this program and obviously he never got him, why would he trust the administration to do so now even if all the sudden they started a rapid fire series of announcements in the next couple of weeks? If something else career wise opened up which allow him to recalibrate, I think he takes that and say adios to Kingsville. But they will probably not renew his contract which is the easy way of the administration to make it look like they are on top of it. And I say easy because a firing (which it is effectively) is not followed up with a reconstruction plan is short order, then we will know its rinse and repeat we are facing with the next hire.
              Last edited by LSC Fan; 11-17-2019, 06:20 PM.

Comment

There is a program out there who just finished a similar season and would be great opponent for the Toilet Bowl. Northeastern State who was once part of the LSC just finished 0-11 and lost the final game to Ft Hays 91-7

https://www.d2football.com/northeasternstate/

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                  There is a program out there who just finished a similar season and would be great opponent for the Toilet Bowl. Northeastern State who was once part of the LSC just finished 0-11 and lost the final game to Ft Hays 91-7

https://www.d2football.com/northeasternstate/
                  Remind me why they left the LSC to go to the MIAA
                  The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Remind me why they left the LSC to go to the MIAA
                    travel

Comment

https://twitter.com/SNFonNBC/status/...706082305?s=19

Hoade with TD

Comment