Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have thought 100 out of 100 times WT would accept a bowl invite especially after being down the last several years. Some have already pointed out WT in their prime always accepted the bowl invites under Carthel and thought they would being back on the way up.

Comment

Comment

Any idea why it was always the opposite under Carthel in the midst of that 8 year run? I think they went to at least 3 bowl games. Same AD, so I'm assuming it's more a Hughes mindset and wanting to recruit or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Any idea why it was always the opposite under Carthel in the midst of that 8 year run? I think they went to at least 3 bowl games. Same AD, so I'm assuming it's more a Hughes mindset and wanting to recruit or whatever.
          Don also had no problem raising the needed money
          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

For ASU, and it being a relatively new staff, I believe they would want every opportunity to get out in front of as many recruits as possible. Show schools and coaches that some things have changed around ASU. I believe the staff thinks this outweighs the additional practice time, especially with how young the roster is and how much that young roster played already.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Don also had no problem raising the needed money
              True enough. Didn't think about it from that angle

Comment

Heritage Bowl ENMU vs Southern Arkansas

Comment

Go Hounds!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

It annoys the **** out of me they are too good for a bowl game but that's Hughes mentality it seems. It is what it is
                    OK Lets be real here.. a D2 bowl games doesn't even come close to any of the 30ish bowl games in D1. Less sponsors less money. Which means more out of pocket cost for the Teams that are so called "INVITED" you add that with the possibility of injury. Not worth it ! This is not all a Hughes mentality its a athletic program mentality. Also Bowl games are normally in December which means more time practicing and less time for your small staff of 8 or less coaches to recruit for the following season. Again Not Worth it !

That's why most of these " D2 Bowl Games" collapse. There is not enough money in them for anyone to win .

Comment

Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post

OK Lets be real here.. a D2 bowl games doesn't even come close to any of the 30ish bowl games in D1. Less sponsors less money. Which means more out of pocket cost for the Teams that are so called "INVITED" you add that with the possibility of injury. Not worth it ! This is not all a Hughes mentality its a athletic program mentality. Also Bowl games are normally in December which means more time practicing and less time for your small staff of 8 or less coaches to recruit for the following season. Again Not Worth it !

That's why most of these " D2 Bowl Games" collapse. There is not enough money in them for anyone to win .
                      We all have our different opinions. As far as athletic program mentality, that was not the case regarding bowl games until last year. Historically WT would send the team to a bowl game if invited. I respect your opinion but I don't agree.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X