• Houston Rough Riders XFL

Sergio Castillo made the team.

:good:Great

Comment

It's Roughnecks.

https://www.xfl.com/en-US/teams/houston

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
        I was looking at their logo. It looks like they are going for the Oiler look on their logo. NICE. A thumb in the eye of the late Bud Adams. Think he just rolled over.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

I was looking at their logo. It looks like they are going for the Oiler look on their logo. NICE. A thumb in the eye of the late Bud Adams. Think he just rolled over.
          Yeah, there is some similarity. A guy who came to the Oiler games was sort of an unpaid mascot, carried a huge wrench and was known as the Roughneck. A coworker had a GM truck painted in Oiler colors (from the factory) with the word "Roughneck" running about half way down the truck.

Bud was a greedy man. He demanded, and got, expansion of the Astrodome - about 10K seats. The very next year he demanded a brand new stadium. That was poorly received. 30 people showed up for the "Save the Oilers Rally". I was not among them. I was a season ticket holder, but have never been to a Texans game. Too much greed in pro sports, and I'm not a fan of building unnecessary new stadiums.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X