Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by javs26 View Post

and there were another 4-5 balls that could have easily been picked.
    Wow, not good. Nevertheless I am picking the Peccaries to Prevail next week!

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post

Inconsistent, maybe. Without watching the game I can't say what kind of pressure he's been under, but the stats show a lot of QB hurries. "Sucks" is too harsh a word for a 1st start in ??? years.
      I don't want to hear anything about the first start in ?? years. That is just an excuse. I will give you that there were a lot of pressures but he is also immobile with not great accuracy. Freshman RB did look good before he got hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post

Inconsistent, maybe. Without watching the game I can't say what kind of pressure he's been under, but the stats show a lot of QB hurries. "Sucks" is too harsh a word for a 1st start in ??? years.
        Our Oline has been this way going on a third coach. With this last recruiting class we signed zero offensive linemen. The problem is we are not going to get the better JUCO/ other transfers for the Oline or any slot for that matter in large numbers like our peers do because of the underlying issues. We used to get them when our peers struggled until they figured out how to get out of their holes. In other words Salinas is doing the best he can with a pig that has ran out of lipstick. Not sure even the best on the field program builder could do the job either

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

You have a lot of confidence in us. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

Chicken littles? Good day sunshine...good day sunshine. Keep pumping it!

TAMUK should have hired you as the Head Football Coach, Athletic Director as well as President. Will the School ever learn?

Comment

Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post

TAMUK should have hired you as the Head Football Coach, Athletic Director as well as President. Will the School ever learn?
              Last edited by LSC Fan; 03-07-2021, 09:57 AM.

Comment

I do understand the dilemma. As the years go by there will be less peeps around to remember and hype about the glory days to the point that the school will be known as a losing program. Before the mid 2000s you could find a unicorn before you would find more than 2 WT football fans on social media. They are back to only a handful now. I have yet to see any Western New Mexico fans on this board. I really hope they figure it out. On the other end of this I am annoyed that TAMUCC never built on their basketball success and accepted mediocrity.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I do understand the dilemma. As the years go by there will be less peeps around to remember and hype about the glory days to the point that the school will be known as a losing program. Before the mid 2000s you could find a unicorn before you would find more than 2 WT football fans on social media. They are back to only a handful now. I have yet to see any Western New Mexico fans on this board. I really hope they figure it out. On the other end of this I am annoyed that TAMUCC never built on their basketball success and accepted mediocrity.
                  Last edited by LSC Fan; 03-07-2021, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Yeah I agree. LSC is on life support unless they can poach schools like Pueblo, UCO, Mary-Hardin Baylor, etc.

I wonder if WT would be able to slip into the RMAC or MIAA if they decide to stay and the Southland does fall apart?

Kingsville will be in a more rough position geographically D2 wise if they stay behind depending on which replacement schools the LSC admits.

I do hope TAMUCC does get their act together and does build a separate on campus basketball stadium. That YMCA junior high type gym that the Duggan Center has isn't going to cut it. It wasn't a good look on national TV when they played St. Francis for the CIT title a few years ago although there was a definitely more home court advantage and noise than if they were in the ABC hence the reason to build it.

Comment

Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post

Hey Ray, I hate to see the tailspin for Javelina FB. It can't get much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Hey Ray, I hate to see the tailspin for Javelina FB. It can't get much worse.
                        It is disgusting to see, no question about that!

Hope you are feeling better and recovering. We need you back at full strength.

Comment

Hmmmmm...... Did find out something about UT Peanut Butter and are keeping it secret. No way would I put money on the downward spiraling Javs. Last time out UTPB pasted and spread them all over field 70-14. TAMUK just choked up 45 points to a MW team that wasn't anywhere near what they were in past years coming off a 5 win season. Nope UTPB has been slowly improving every year I'll take UTPB by double digits. Good Luck to the TAMUK fatithful.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yeah I agree. LSC is on life support unless they can poach schools like Pueblo, UCO, Mary-Hardin Baylor, etc.

I wonder if WT would be able to slip into the RMAC or MIAA if they decide to stay and the Southland does fall apart?

Kingsville will be in a more rough position geographically D2 wise if they stay behind depending on which replacement schools the LSC admits.

I do hope TAMUCC does get their act together and does build a separate on campus basketball stadium. That YMCA junior high type gym that the Duggan Center has isn't going to cut it. It wasn't a good look on national TV when they played St. Francis for the CIT title a few years ago although there was a definitely more home court advantage and noise than if they were in the ABC hence the reason to build it.
                            The LSC is not going to get any of those to move from stable setups they have now. WTAM is a much better position to make that leap thanks to the investments made by a proactive administration compared to the weak position TAMUK finds themselves in at present. TAMUK would have to go Indy unless the RMAC or GAC becomes an option. In other words there are really no good options thanks to the lack of vision down there which would make whatever move occurs a much more smoother transition had they been working on deficiencies 10 years ago when a few of us started sounding the alarm.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Hmmmmm...... Did find out something about UT Peanut Butter and are keeping it secret. No way would I put money on the downward spiraling Javs. Last time out UTPB pasted and spread them all over field 70-14. TAMUK just choked up 45 points to a MW team that wasn't anywhere near what they were in past years coming off a 5 win season. Nope UTPB has been slowly improving every year I'll take UTPB by double digits. Good Luck to the TAMUK fatithful.
                              Some like pork more than peanut butter.

Comment

Some like pork more than peanut butter.
                                LOL! Apparently a lot of teams have enjoyed pork the last couple of seasons. Although UTPB has not played stellar competition this spring. They have won both games handily and I do not see TAMUK defense slowing their offense down. But, its just my opinion and who knows maybe the Javs will respond. At this point, you must have gone to the Joel Olsteen better school of positive thinking to expect results this spring or fall.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X