X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAMUK staying in D2

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
      Furthermore I doubt A&MCC stays in the Southland because the conference itself is on life support.
      Well they don't have a lot of leverage with anything without a football program. I keep hearing chatter from reliable sources that TAMUCC is trying to enter a non football conference like the Summitt (most likely) or Horizon league if the Southland does fold.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Hoggie View Post
        Athletic Director Steve Roach at Texas A&M Kingsville just announced, Javs are staying put at D2 for now. They are looking to be in the top 10 in Div 2 football.
        LOL...if only saying it could make it happen. TAMUK has only beat the Hounds twice in the last 10 years and they struggled to beat us this year in a transition year for ENMU. Well maybe ENMU can be in the top 5 then LOL

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Well they don't have a lot of leverage with anything without a football program. I keep hearing chatter from reliable sources that TAMUCC is trying to enter a non football conference like the Summitt (most likely) or Horizon league if the Southland does fold.
            I just watched a video about NSDU's plans. The appeal of the Summit to them is that it's essentially a D2esque in terms of bus trips. I doubt the Dakota schools would want to add TAMUCC.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I just watched a video about NSDU's plans. The appeal of the Summit to them is that it's essentially a D2esque in terms of bus trips. I doubt the Dakota schools would want to add TAMUCC.
              Well it would be a great place to travel to warm up for a few days. Its a rock in a hard place for Corpus when trying to potentially change conferences without a football program and looks like the Kingsville merger is permanently off the table. What does the Southland do to stay afloat now that it looks like McNeese is leaving? Only D1 conference the Southland could poach teams from would be the SWAC in my opinion. That would be like the MIAA trying to add teams from the SIAC to stay afloat. Of course revisit a few D2 schools they have already approached or add one or two more to the ask. If the Southland folds then it leaves both Commerce and Corpus in a bad way for different reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Well it would be a great place to travel to warm up for a few days. Its a rock in a hard place for Corpus when trying to potentially change conferences without a football program and looks like the Kingsville merger is permanently off the table. What does the Southland do to stay afloat now that it looks like McNeese is leaving? Only D1 conference the Southland could poach teams from would be the SWAC in my opinion. That would be like the MIAA trying to add teams from the SIAC to stay afloat. Of course revisit a few D2 schools they have already approached or add one or two more to the ask. If the Southland folds then it leaves both Commerce and Corpus in a bad way for different reasons.
                Commerce will be fine.The wac will be losing some more schools to C-USA pretty soon.Then that will open a spot up for commerce to join the wac.Corpus really needs to do feasible study on football.If they had football they would be in the wac now.The southland is in big trouble since C-USA is not done yet expanding.

Comment

Looking forward to the 2022 LSC schedule with the additions of WOU SFU and CWU.

Comment

Looking forward to it also tav. Let it happen!

Comment

Originally posted by El_Hoggie View Post
                      Looking forward to it also tav. Let it happen!
                      The moment they make the announcement they need to get the schedule out so all the Universities can set up the least expensive travel arrangements that they can. The least expensive way to do the travel north and south would be booking through a group sales travel desk. And shouldn't be a issue if the schedule is done by the end of Spring. I'd say it would cost around 18,000$ to 20,000$ round trip vs the 90,000$ thousand that we charge to the Pac12 teams and other Conferences. Our slow period for passenger travel is September, October and November with the exception of Thanksgiving week. I think the schedule can be done with just 3 away games that would require air travel. The most would be 4 games with air travel if the schedule is for more than 8 games within the Conference. I'm sure CWU would like to keep one money game with EWU, PSU or Idaho. Then 9 D2 games. Just depends on if it's 9 games within the LSC or 8 games within the LSC and 1 game outside with the RMAC. It will be interesting to see what the LSC comes up for a Schedule.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X