Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Isn't it kind of late for the portal? Plus dont expect much from transfers. We got 3 from D1 last year. 1 is good.
    2 months away from school staring? No, not at all.

There's a difference between D1 transfers that go to d2 and D1 transfers that go d1.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

That's not a definite. There's more than a little smoke appearing that rule may go away.

And if players decide not to come here because of it that's fine and understandable. Although I'm not seeing that to be the case in any way so far. The next four years post season ban isnt even something I as an alum care about. The chances of even qualifying for post season during a transition to an upper level are slim to none anyway. This is a much bigger picture decision to me than whether or not we can go to post season the next four seasons. It's meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Do you think all of the schools who made that decisions years ago look back and think "yeah but we didn't get to go to the playoffs back in the 80s during that 4 years stretch!". No
      I hope that rule does go away. If the team is good enough they should participate.

There are weak small school basketball conferences that recent former D2 schools won their first few years in transition (Bellarmine last year).

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see a 1st or 2nd year LSC school win the Southland especially if the top half of the Lone Star moved up.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I hope that rule does go away. If the team is good enough they should participate.

There are weak small school basketball conferences that recent former D2 schools won their first few years in transition (Bellarmine last year).

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see a 1st or 2nd year LSC school win the Southland especially if the top half of the Lone Star moved up.
        I've had it hinted to me several times as a possibility, and also heard it on a radio show within the last week. Go to the 5:45 mark here:

https://audiomack.com/1037-the-game/song/jim-gazzolo-3

I actually love the fact that the Southland isn't a powerhouse in football or basketball. Anything to ease the transition and succeed more quickly is good. Who knows if Southland is the long term fit, or if it's just the launching point to somewhere else if we do get tagged with the transition phase and complete that timeframe. You become a lot more appealing once that tag is lifted. But I think succeeding ASAP there would make everything easier.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

I've had it hinted to me several times as a possibility, and also heard it on a radio show within the last week. Go to the 5:45 mark here:

https://audiomack.com/1037-the-game/song/jim-gazzolo-3

I actually love the fact that the Southland isn't a powerhouse in football or basketball. Anything to ease the transition and succeed more quickly is good. Who knows if Southland is the long term fit, or if it's just the launching point to somewhere else if we do get tagged with the transition phase and complete that timeframe. You become a lot more appealing once that tag is lifted. But I think succeeding ASAP there would make everything easier.
          I don't think there is too much "long term" about the Southland.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X