Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSC Week 1 Preview

The LSC Week 1 Preview will be available tomorrow morning. A little bit of everything - I think there are some nail-biters, some could be close for a while but the better team pulls away, and a few that would really surprise me (and most people) if they were close.

Excellent preview, Craig! I agree pretty much with all. I think the LSC will be fun to hang with this season.

Comment

It'll be interesting with TAMUK vs. Colorado Mesa. I think that's a toss up. And jury is still out on WT, so I agree with that pick as well. The real story there will be the 378 fans watching from the soccer stands. C'mon Western Colo. Game of the week is definitely Angelo going to W. Ala.

Good luck to CWU and WOU. Get those paychecks and respect. The Wildcat in me is hoping for a win.

Comment

Great job Craig! Thank you!
        i must say, though, I don’t believe WOU is trying to one up CWU. (Pretty sure WOU scheduled SDSU before CWU scheduled Weber.)They’re both doing it for the money. WOU played Weber State last year game one and CWU went to Ferris State. If anything, it would appear that CWU is trying to keep up with WOU from a scheduling perspective but I don’t believe that’s the case.
        Travel budgets of over $400k this year. Curious why other LSC teams’ travel budgets are.
        Last edited by SPWOU; 08-29-2023, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post
          Great job Craig! Thank you!
          i must say, though, I don’t believe WOU is trying to one up CWU. (Pretty sure WOU scheduled SDSU before CWU scheduled Weber.)They’re both doing it for the money. WOU played Weber State last year game one and CWU went to Ferris State. If anything, it would appear that CWU is trying to keep up with WOU from a scheduling perspective but I don’t believe that’s the case.
          Travel budgets of over $400k this year. Curious why other LSC teams’ travel budgets are.
          I figured it was about the paycheck. Better to get paid than to bankrupt the travel budget. Just hoping no one gets hurt, especially if the games are blowouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post
            It'll be interesting with TAMUK vs. Colorado Mesa. I think that's a toss up. And jury is still out on WT, so I agree with that pick as well. The real story there will be the 378 fans watching from the soccer stands. C'mon Western Colo. Game of the week is definitely Angelo going to W. Ala.

Good luck to CWU and WOU. Get those paychecks and respect. The Wildcat in me is hoping for a win.
            The WC soccer field must be super tiny.

West Alabama could give ASU trouble with their defense, but I think ASU has a better defense. Could be a trap game too with Mines the following week.
            Last edited by cwfenn; 08-29-2023, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Texas Football article on players to watch, includes the new QB’s at UTPB and Angelo State:

https://www.texasfootball.com/articl..._preview_title

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

This would be a higher than usual attendance for their football games.

Comment

Here’s the link to our podcast Kittitas Valley Sports Talk, where we interview LSC columnist, Craig Fenn! If you don’t want to listen to local high school content, then I’d fast forward to the 26th minute where we discuss CWU, LSC and take a look at the D2 landscape.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000626239753

Comment

Picking Western Colorado to beat WT by 7 is ridiculous. WT beat them by 5 tds last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffs of Uranus View Post
                      Picking Western Colorado to beat WT by 7 is ridiculous. WT beat them by 5 tds last year.
                      Speaking of last year, how did WT do in the last game they played?

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Speaking of last year, how did WT do in the last game they played?
                        We won’t have to wait long to see how ridiculous this pick is.

Comment

May well be true. But it was extremely ridiculous that WT got completely trucked by a folding team. WT should win, but I think it’s a wait and see situation.

Comment

You seem a bit upset about a random pick made by a guy donating his time to cover the LSC. You good bro?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

You seem a bit upset about a random pick made by a guy donating his time to cover the LSC. You good bro?
                              If WT wins again by 5 TD's, then I will certainly admit it was a ridiculous pick. It will also mean that I possibly underestimated WT given all their changes. Wouldn't be the first time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X