Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSC Pickems | Week 2

If you all would like to try to salvage pickems, I'll try to sort it out. Here is a link to a sheet to go make your Week 2 pickems: https://forms.gle/aDLq2XQV4ccRuzbM8

Thank you

Comment

Thanks.

This is a tough week for pick ‘elms. There are still a lot of unanswered questions and some lingerdoubts left from Week 1. I’m looking at you UTPB, WTAMU, ENMU, WNMU, TAMUK, etc.

Comment

Week 2 Pickems Results:

Angelo vs Mines - It seemed like a toss up, but I, like many, thought the home team would pull this one out. Only about a third of us picked Mines.

Central Washington vs Montana Tech - Pickems were 100% for Central Washington, but they took a loss to Divsion I, I mean NAIA team, Montana Tech. Who saw that coming?

Midwestern State vs Mississippi College - 2/3 of the pickers thought Midwestern could bounce back from the beating they took the week before to get this win, and they were right.

Western New Mexico vs New Mexico Highlands - texcap and lscisme must've had insider information as they were the only ones to pick New Mexico Highlands for the win.

Eastern New Mexico vs Sul Ross - Eastern gave Sul Ross their second loss to an LSC opponent this season. Two people picked Sul Ross to win.

Texas A&M Kingsville vs West Georgia - Kingsville only got three picks to win this game against a ranked West Georgia, but they took it and knocked West Georgia out of the top 25.

West Texas A&M vs Adams State - WT got 70% of the picks in this one as I think most thought WT's defense would keep Adams State from doing much.

UTPB vs Western Colorado - UTPB clawed back into this one, though it looked like a blowout was coming early on. 70% were right in thinking WC's defense would be too much for them.

Western Oregon vs Lincoln - Like Central Washington, Western Oregon got 100% of the picks, but unlike Central Washington there was no surprise at the final score.

Rockofwesties 6/9
        Great White Buffalo 6/9
        Roaming Buff 5/9
        GoHounds 5/9
        Lscisme 5/9
        Goods 5/9
        cwfenn 5/9
        SPWOU 5/9
        WT&TTechfan 5/9
        Dan3ibarra 5/9
        TAMUK09 4/9
        Texcap 4/9
        angelo fan 4/9
        ASUPops 4/9
        WT_TKW 4/9
        BuffaloChip 4/9
        QB11111 4/9
        Last edited by Roaming Buff; 09-12-2023, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roaming Buff View Post
          Week 2 Pickems Results:

Angelo vs Mines - It seemed like a toss up, but I, like many, thought the home team would pull this one out. Only about a third of us picked Mines.

Central Washington vs Montana Tech - Pickems were 100% for Central Washington, but they took a loss to Divsion I, I mean NAIA team, Montana Tech. Who saw that coming?

Midwestern State vs Mississippi College - 2/3 of the pickers thought Midwestern could bounce back from the beating they took the week before to get this win, and they were right.

Western New Mexico vs New Mexico Highlands - texcap and lscisme must've had insider information as they were the only ones to pick New Mexico Highlands for the win.

Eastern New Mexico vs Sul Ross - Eastern gave Sul Ross their second loss to an LSC opponent this season. Two people picked Sul Ross to win.

Texas A&M Kingsville vs West Georgia - Kingsville only got three picks to win this game against a ranked West Georgia, but they took it and knocked West Georgia out of the top 25.

West Texas A&M vs Adams State - WT got 70% of the picks in this one as I think most thought WT's defense would keep Adams State from doing much.

UTPB vs Western Colorado - UTPB clawed back into this one, though it looked like a blowout was coming early on. 70% were right in thinking WC's defense would be too much for them.

Western Oregon vs Lincoln - Like Central Washington, Western Oregon got 100% of the picks, but unlike Central Washington there was no surprise at the final score.

Rockofwesties 6/9
          Great White Buffalo 6/9
          Roaming Buff 5/9
          GoHounds 5/9
          Lscisme 5/9
          Goods 5/9
          cwfenn 5/9
          SPWOU 5/9
          WT&TTechfan 5/9
          Dan3ibarra 5/9
          TAMUK09 4/9
          Texcap 4/9
          angelo fan 4/9
          ASUPops 4/9
          WT_TKW 4/9
          BuffaloChip 4/9
          QB11111 4/9
          I sure wish I could take back that Sul Ross pick. I thought they would at least keep it closer.

That CWU deal came out of nowhere. Not even my dumb a$$ is off the wall enough to see that one coming. But great for Montana Tech.

Comment

Week 2 Pickems Results:

Rockofwesties 6/9
            Great White Buffalo 6/9
            Roaming Buff 5/9
            GoHounds 5/9
            Lscisme 5/9
            Goods 5/9
            cwfenn 5/9
            SPWOU 5/9
            WT&TTechfan 5/9
            Dan3ibarra 5/9
            TAMUK09 4/9
            Texcap 4/9
            angelo fan 4/9
            ASUPops 4/9
            WT_TKW 4/9
            BuffaloChip 4/9
            QB11111 4/9
            UTPB had almost 300 more yards of offense than WCU. I don't think the WCU defense was too much, but I do think field position played the biggest roll. WCU started near the 50 or on other side of 50 at least 4 or 5 times. Both teams are really good and I expect UTPB to win 7+ and WCU to win 8+ games.

Comment

Originally posted by UTPBFalcons1 View Post

UTPB had almost 300 more yards of offense than WCU. I don't think the WCU defense was too much, but I do think field position played the biggest roll. WCU started near the 50 or on other side of 50 at least 4 or 5 times. Both teams are really good and I expect UTPB to win 7+ and WCU to win 8+ games.
              I agree. When I talked about the defense being too much, I was really referring to the hole Western Colorado put UTPB in during the first half and running out of time to completely climb out. However, for some reason, I was thinking it was 6 to 28 at the half, but I forgot UTPB scored a touchdown right before the end of the half. You're right that it was much closer than it first looked. I was impressed with how tough the UTPB quarterback was. He took some pretty good hits standing in there to get the ball out. I think the whole team is tough and has a lot of heart to come back and play the way they did in the second half.

Comment

Week 2 Pickems Results:

Rockofwesties 6/9
                Great White Buffalo 6/9
                Roaming Buff 5/9
                GoHounds 5/9
                Lscisme 5/9
                Goods 5/9
                cwfenn 5/9
                SPWOU 5/9
                WT&TTechfan 5/9
                Dan3ibarra 5/9
                TAMUK09 4/9
                Texcap 4/9
                angelo fan 4/9
                ASUPops 4/9
                WT_TKW 4/9
                BuffaloChip 4/9
                QB11111 4/9
                Thank you for doing this. I really enjoyed your analysis as well!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X