Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Scrimmages

D2 schools can scrimmage another D2 school this spring.
    Has anyone heard of any LSC Schools scrimmaging??

I guess not. I was listening to Renner's signing day podcast and he made it sound like none of these D2 schools have the money to travel in the spring. MSU seems like the one school who would be able to pull this off. Lots of D2 schools that are pretty close.

Comment

To my knowledge no one in the PNW has ever scrimmaged against a fellow college team D2, D3, NAIA during the spring before. That would be an interesting game to watch.

Right now, I'd just be happy with a 2024 schedule for CWU. I can probably piece together our LSC portion of the schedule based on the rest of the league, but I'd really like to know who our non-conf games are against. I've heard rumors, but would like to start planning!

Comment

You'd think WT and Eastern could pull it off. 110 miles. How much does it cost to rent 2 buses and feed a team pizza after the scrimmage?

Comment

ENMU will have trouble finding a scrimmage. No one will want to spend the money to work against the triple option.

Comment

Yeah in the D2 world I think the spring game is pretty much the scrimmage.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
              Yeah in the D2 world I think the spring game is pretty much the scrimmage.
              I think UNK and a few NSIC teams are the only few I have seen who have set up any scrimmages so far.

I would think you would want to avoid teams you plan to play in the reg ssn.

Comment

WT and NM Highlands would be a good fit for a scrimmage. 228 miles. 4 hour drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I think UNK and a few NSIC teams are the only few I have seen who have set up any scrimmages so far.

I would think you would want to avoid teams you plan to play in the reg ssn.
                  Correct. I think all of the NSIC teams, except for maybe Southwest MN, have a spring scrimmage lined up. In all cases, it is against a team not on the regular season schedule.

Comment

Heard that West Texas A & M and CSU Pueblo are scrimmaging this spring

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfish View Post
                      I would love to see that. Playing good teams make you better!

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfish View Post
                        I've seen a couple of pictures on X about this scrimmage today. Anyone have any details how it went?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

I've seen a couple of pictures on X about this scrimmage today. Anyone have any details how it went?
                          I looked at the CSUP website, Amarillo.com, and Channel 7’s site but found nothing.

That says a lot about the level of interest in WT football.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I looked at the CSUP website, Amarillo.com, and Channel 7’s site but found nothing.

That says a lot about the level of interest in WT football.
                            Yeah all of the Amarillo media was covering the Amarillo Relays track meet this weekend.

The whole spring has been very hush hush on WT's end. Coaches put out a graphic on X with the spring schedule but there was no article or anything on the athletic website like normal. Certainly was no mention of this scrimmage or anything. The annual Maroon White game is on the 30th assuming the original schedule didn't get changed.

Comment

I did not attend but I heard from a couple that did. They were not impressed with the Buffs. They said we did not look good.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X