Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament Officials

Is it common in all sports for the officiating crew to be split crews?? Tonight's Regional Championship game had two LSC refs and one RMAC ref.
    The officials spent more time talking to each other than calling the game.
    On Sunday one semi-final game had two LSC teams playing with a crew of RMAC officials. The other game had two RMAC teams with a crew of LSC officials.
    All three games were poorly officiated.

Your thoughts.

BTW - Wt won and is going to the Elite 8.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

It seems to me that the game has left officials behind the curve. They can't decide how to interpret the rules anymore. There must have been at least 15 obvious travels not called last night. Seriously.....travel violations. Also, the physicality of the game has gone from tough play to MMA demonstrations. And the officials just don't know how to deal with it. I don't know the answer to poor officiating, but something has to be worked out. The NCAA, coaches, and officials need to get their sh!t together, IMO. If you're not going to have rules enforced, then announce it, change the rules, and go on down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      It seems to me that the game has left officials behind the curve. They can't decide how to interpret the rules anymore. There must have been at least 15 obvious travels not called last night. Seriously.....travel violations. Also, the physicality of the game has gone from tough play to MMA demonstrations. And the officials just don't know how to deal with it. I don't know the answer to poor officiating, but something has to be worked out. The NCAA, coaches, and officials need to get their sh!t together, IMO. If you're not going to have rules enforced, then announce it, change the rules, and go on down the road.
      I am a sports lover and really enjoy basketball, but it is a far inferior game to a number of other sports, simply because the interpretation of the rules is so subjective. It's one of those tweener sports that can't really decide if it's contact or non-contact. And the ball is to be bounced up and down, not cradled in the hand with an occasional bounce, carried down the court, which every player does. And the idea is to shoot the ball into the basket, not jump up and put it through the basket.

As a sport, I look at basketball more as an athleticism exhibition than a contest, similar to pro wrestling. It is fun to watch, but I much prefer most of the other major sports, simply because there is a much clearer definition of what is and isn't allowed, and at least some attempt to enforce the contests accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseLodge View Post

I am a sports lover and really enjoy basketball, but it is a far inferior game to a number of other sports, simply because the interpretation of the rules is so subjective. It's one of those tweener sports that can't really decide if it's contact or non-contact. And the ball is to be bounced up and down, not cradled in the hand with an occasional bounce, carried down the court, which every player does. And the idea is to shoot the ball into the basket, not jump up and put it through the basket.

As a sport, I look at basketball more as an athleticism exhibition than a contest, similar to pro wrestling. It is fun to watch, but I much prefer most of the other major sports, simply because there is a much clearer definition of what is and isn't allowed, and at least some attempt to enforce the contests accordingly.
        Well said, I prefer watching WBB. More emphasis is put on skill sets as opposed to athleticism.
        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X