X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFCA Division II Top 25 (9/24)

Link: https://www.afca.com/?p=1002

Minnesota State Claims Top Spot in AFCA Division II Coaches Poll

Colorado State-Pueblo upset then-No. 1 Texas A&M-Commerce, 23-13, allowing Minnesota State to take over the No. 1 spot in the AFCA Division II Coaches' Top 25 Poll. This is the 23rd time the Mavericks have been ranked No. 1 with the last time coming in the final regular season poll of 2017. Indiana (Pa.) moves into the second spot followed by Grand Valley State (Mich.), Ferris State (Mich.) and Midwestern State (Texas), who round out the Top 5.

Pittsburg State (Kan.) made the second biggest jump in the poll this week, moving up five places to No. 10. This is the first time since September 14, 2015, when the Gorillas were ranked No. 4, that they have been ranked in the Top 10.

Two new teams entered the Top 25 this week in Notre Dame (Ohio) and Tarleton State (Texas). The Falcons, who are making only their second appearance in the AFCA Top 25, come in ranked No. 23. The only other time Notre Dame was ranked was on October 24, 2016. The Texans, who come in ranked No. 25, are making their first appearance since September 15, 2014.

AFCA Division II Top 25 (9/24)
    1. Minnesota State-Mankato (26) (4-0)
    2. Indiana (PA) (5) (4-0)
    3. Grand Valley State (4-0)
    4. Ferris State (2) (4-0)
    5. Midwestern State (4-0)
    6. West Georgia (4-0)
    7. Ouachita Baptist (4-0)
    8. Minnesota-Duluth (4-0)
    9. Texas A&M-Commerce (3-1)
    10. Pittsburg State (4-0)
    11. West Florida (3-1)
    12. West Chester (4-0)
    13. Valdosta State (4-0)
    14t. Central Washington (3-1)
    14t. Colorado School of Mines (4-0)
    16. Colorado State-Pueblo (3-1)
    17. Northwest Missouri State (3-1)
    18. Fort Hays State (3-1)
    19. Southern Arkansas (4-0)
    20. Harding (3-1)
    21. West Alabama (3-1)
    22. Indianapolis (2-1)
    23. Notre Dame (4-0)
    24. Colorado Mesa (3-1)
    25. Tarleton State (3-0)

Dropped Out
    Central Missouri (#19t), Azusa Pacific (#24)

Others Receiving Votes
    Azusa Pacific, Sioux Falls, Ohio Dominican, Kutztown, Ashland, Hillsdale, Charleston, Tiffin, Chadron State, Florida Tech, Washburn, Central Missouri, LIU-Post, Bowie State, Lenoir-Rhyne, New Haven, Saginaw Valley State

Re: AFCA Division II Top 25 (9/24)

I was at the Duluth/Bemidji game Sat. and in my honest opinion, Duluth is over rated. No way they should be at #8 let alone even on that list period.

Comment

I find polls interesting. #11 UMD beats BSU at home in 2OT. That propels them to a #8 spot. I think BSU should be getting a vote or two. Yes, I know a weak schedule to date, and that polls are fluid (often dependent upon how other teams have done) etc etc, but am interested in any further insight board members may have that would keep BSU voteless.
      Last edited by CoachSalscheider; 09-24-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beaver Hut View Post
        I was at the Duluth/Bemidji game Sat. and in my honest opinion, Duluth is over rated. No way they should be at #8 let alone even on that list period.
        Bitterness or jealousy or both

Comment

Funny how I had a similar thought just like this early in the season about a team my Wolves faced and was told something about my eye sight and some other things...hope the Bulldog fans are nicer to you and your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post
            Bitterness or jealousy or both
            Neither, just very unimpressed with UMD and they don't deserve to be in the top 25

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
              Funny how I had a similar thought just like this early in the season about a team my Wolves faced and was told something about my eye sight and some other things...hope the Bulldog fans are nicer to you and your opinion.
              There's one big difference, BSU is not on that list and Bemidji spanked the Wolves and you mentioned they weren't that good. If UMD beats BSU badly I would have never mentioned they were over rated. Duluth barely beat BSU and it took 2 OT's.........a dropped interception and a shanked punt gave UMD their 9 points in the first half, not to mention BSU was without their starting qb. UMD will have to improve immensely to be a NCAA II championship contender. The fact that BSU had their chances to win against UMD proves you were wrong about BSU not being that good.

Comment

There's one big difference, BSU is not on that list and Bemidji spanked the Wolves and you mentioned they weren't that good. If UMD beats BSU badly I would have never mentioned they were over rated. Duluth barely beat BSU and it took 2 OT's.........a dropped interception and a shanked punt gave UMD their 9 points in the first half, not to mention BSU was without their starting qb. UMD will have to improve immensely to be a NCAA II championship contender. The fact that BSU had their chances to win against UMD proves you were wrong about BSU not being that good.
                You are telling me Duluth is overrated, shouldn't be ranked and not the good in one breath and despite losing to them telling me I was wrong saying Bemidji isn't that good...

I can either be correct or you can tell me I'm wrong and Bemidji should be ranked right with them, you simply can't have both.

Comment

Beaver Hut, As you are well aware a dropped INT, shanked punt are all part of the game, UMD would have put it away in regulation time if not for a missed chip shot FG, after a 8 min drive that BSU did not stop. BSU does deserve votes and perhaps if they continue winning they will. But your opinion of UMD is a mute issue and really does not matter, if the the Bulldogs continue to win they will be in the playoffs, high ranking, see what happens. The fact of the matter is UMD beat BSU on the field and will probably win the North Div AGAIN. your comments really make no sense, you want BSU ranked, yet they lost to a UMD team, that you say should not be ranked. Agree with NSU4LIFE you can not have it both ways. My opinion is the Bulldogs are a very good team and beat a very good BSU team. And hopefully make a run in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post
                    Beaver Hut, As you are well aware a dropped INT, shanked punt are all part of the game, UMD would have put it away in regulation time if not for a missed chip shot FG, after a 8 min drive that BSU did not stop. BSU does deserve votes and perhaps if they continue winning they will. But your opinion of UMD is a mute issue and really does not matter, if the the Bulldogs continue to win they will be in the playoffs, high ranking, see what happens. The fact of the matter is UMD beat BSU on the field and will probably win the North Div AGAIN. your comments really make no sense, you want BSU ranked, yet they lost to a UMD team, that you say should not be ranked. Agree with NSU4LIFE you can not have it both ways. My opinion is the Bulldogs are a very good team and beat a very good BSU team. And hopefully make a run in the playoffs.
                    No where did I say I want BSU ranked and second UMD will more than likely win the North and make the playoffs but they won't go deep. I heard alot of talk before the season started that they would contend for a NCAA II championship......that UMD team that played Saturday is not even close.

Comment

[QUOTE=Beaver Hut;2270330]No where did I say I want BSU ranked and second UMD will more than likely win the North and make the playoffs but they won't go deep. I heard alot of talk before the season started that they would contend for a NCAA II championship......that UMD team that played Saturday is not even close.[/QUOTE. TOo bad you have to talk trash and not respect good hard hitting football, you stated UMD is not close to a team making a NC run, I will tell you they are closer than BSU.

Comment

[QUOTE=Umdfan35;2270394]
                        No where did I say I want BSU ranked and second UMD will more than likely win the North and make the playoffs but they won't go deep. I heard alot of talk before the season started that they would contend for a NCAA II championship......that UMD team that played Saturday is not even close.[/QUOTE. TOo bad you have to talk trash and not respect good hard hitting football, you stated UMD is not close to a team making a NC run, I will tell you they are closer than BSU.
                        What's funny is, though week one in was only speaking week 1, I was going to give Bemidji credit and say I was shocked as I thought Duluth was going to rock them. But, they showed up and put up a fight with one of the top teams in the country. Now I guess I can't say that...so good thing I didn't, haha

Comment

Love a good message board spat! Must be football season!

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleNickels View Post
                            Love a good message board spat! Must be football season!
                            Yeah. It's about frickin time! :good:

Comment

Originally posted by StateU View Post
                              Yeah. It's about frickin time! :good:
                              I've been waiting for you to leap into the ring from the top turnbuckle. Way overdue!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X