Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joseph's College

of Beauty, located in Lincoln, NE, is considerin' addin' Hot Dog and Corn on the Cob Eatin' to their lineup of intercollegiate sports. President Peggy Porcine said, "They goes hand 'n hand. Just cuz ya eats like a piggy doesn't means ya gotta looks like a piggy. It takes discipline. And it's an e-(atin') sport.""
    Last edited by Clean Liver; 06-29-2019, 10:58 AM.

Re: Joseph's College

When I posted this, it was a response to the e-Sports thread, and in particular to the person who suggested "e" participation takes a lot of discipline. My argument was, and is, that, while havin' never played I wouldn't know, but common sense would tell me it takes a lot less than that of the normal varsity sports of which we all are most familiar. Do "e" sport participants have weight and conditionin' trainers specific to their endeavors? Do they have someone who oversees their diets? Do they have study hall? Mandatory if their grades are suspect? Is there a HC with a group of assistants who work with participants on their "e" field of specialty? I'm assumin', then, they can work with the players on their weaknesses.

I didn't go back to the "e" sports thread until today. I was informed via PM by a fellow poster about the numerous responses. When I checked the thread, I noticed some very kind words from SW Mustang and vikingfaithful. Thank you.

Anyway, I checked the view numbers periodically and was shocked to see 100 with no responses. Then 200, 300 and, today, 403! Is that a record? If so, I am truly humbled.

Comment

Re: Joseph's College

500+!

Is it too early to celebrate with an icy cold one? No. It isn't even noon in the desert and it's approachin' triple digits. Which is, in an hour or so, what I'll be approachin'.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X