Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSIC - Week 6 Chat

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NSIC - Week 6 Chat

    Can't believe we're already at the halfway point in the season. The whole chaos that is the NSIC this season is making the picks tougher.

    Bemidji State at Concordia-St. Paul (12:00) - Bemidji isn't quite the powerhouse they looked like they were going to be after the first two weeks, but still shouldn't have any trouble at CSP.

    Wayne State at Minnesota State-Mankato (1:00) - GOTW. In week 1 I think most of us thought this wouldn't be a very interesting game. Now in week 6 I think it easily could go either way. I went with Mankato mainly because they're at home, but a Wayne win wouldn't surprise me at all.

    Upper Iowa at Augustana (1:00) - Angry Vikings take out their frustrations on innocent Peacocks.

    Northern State at Winona State (2:00) - It looked to me like the Wolves went into the week 5 game with a nonchalant "we got this" attitude, only to figure out they didn't got it. This week I don't think they'll overlook Winona. The Warriors have a lot of potential and I think will make it a competitive game, but so far they haven't put an entire 60 minutes of play together.

    Minnesota State-Moorhead at Minot State (2:00) - Minot scored more in week 5 than they had in weeks 1-4 combined. Good for them. They've also had arguably the toughest 5 game schedule of any team so far this season (Augie, Wayne, Sioux Falls, Mankato, Bemidji.) I could see this week possibly being winnable for them, but I'm going to go with the safe pick.

    Minnesota-Duluth at Mary (2:00) - Another potential upset as Mary has found a pretty potent passing game. I'm not ready to pick them over Duluth just yet, though.

    Sioux Falls at Southwest Minnesota State (5:00) - If the Coo play like they played last week, then this won't be a contest. If they play like they played in the first halves against Bemidji and Northern, well, SMSU could extend their winning streak to three games.
    Last edited by Tundra_Man; 10-03-2021, 09:13 AM.

  • #2
    Odd start time for the game at Southwest- 5 PM. Why not 6 PM? I would have considered doing a double header if they had.

    Comment


    • #3
      no idea why 5 Pm. in the past Homecoming has been 6 PM. My guess is starting at 5 Pm allows for more post game Homecoming stuff. all can start by 9 PM easily then instead of rushed there

      Comment


      • #4
        We come to the halfway point
        No clear champ to anoint.
        Some surprises to date
        Like Wayne is just great.

        Who's at the rear Now that Crookston's not here?
        The answer won't tarry
        After Minot meets Mary.

        All I know is it's magic
        After a year so tragic
        To be playing this football
        Rather than nothing at all.

        Go Mavs.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Quentin44 View Post
          We come to the halfway point
          Go Mavs.
          I was hoping to hear from the Poet Laureate of the NSIC! Glad that you are back!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by laker View Post

            I was hoping to hear from the Poet Laureate of the NSIC! Glad that you are back!
            I concur. Put a smile on my face reading poem.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
              Wayne State at Minnesota State-Mankato (1:00) - GOTW. In week 1 I think most of us thought this wouldn't be a very interesting game. Now in week 6 I think it easily could go either way. I went with Mankato mainly because they're at home, but a Wayne win wouldn't surprise me at all.
              Crazy that we're at a point where it could very well be a tossup. Props to Wayne for the way they played.

              I owe it to the Cats after completely botching my pick two weeks ago with them.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

                Crazy that we're at a point where it could very well be a tossup. Props to Wayne for the way they played.

                I owe it to the Cats after completely botching my pick two weeks ago with them.
                Crazy is one of the few accurate ways to describe this season. Am hoping what MSU is starting to rebuild means no toss up games in the next season or two. At least until late playoffs :)

                Comment


                • #9
                  It's time to separate the wheat from the chaff in the next 6 weeks, as the old timers used to say. What games are left for the four 1 loss teams.

                  Highest ranked MSU Mavs control their own destiny. Toughest games are all at the friendly confines of Blakeslee stadium. Home games against Wayne, USF and AU with a road trip to WSU. Also play UIU and SMSU.

                  UMD have easiest path to a 1 loss season. Home games vs. BSU, AU and NSU. With a road tussle at resurgent Mary. Also CSP and Minot.

                  AU has hardest path to a 1 loss season. Home against WSU. Road, WSC, MSU and UMD. Games vs UIU and SMSU.

                  WSC a 4-7 team in 2019 have already reached that win total in 5 games. Wildcats have a big game this week at MSU. Home tussles with AU and USF. Other games SMSU, UIU and at a good MSUM unit.

                  There is plenty of hope for 2 loss teams, waiting for above schools to slip-up. BSU, NSU, USF and WSU, 2019 saw 3 NSIC teams in playoffs including a 3 loss USF squad.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

                    Crazy is one of the few accurate ways to describe this season. Am hoping what MSU is starting to rebuild means no toss up games in the next season or two. At least until late playoffs :)
                    Yeah, no kidding. Should be a race to the finish and I'm here for it!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

                      Crazy is one of the few accurate ways to describe this season. Am hoping what MSU is starting to rebuild means no toss up games in the next season or two. At least until late playoffs :)
                      For me, this season isn't completely unexpected. Taking a year off was bound to mess with things. Teams losing a season to gel with each other, players recruited two years ago finally hitting the field for the first time along side players recruited last year, teams with momentum suddenly having a 600 day pause, etc.

                      As I understand it, most conferences are having kind of a weird year.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

                        Crazy is one of the few accurate ways to describe this season. Am hoping what MSU is starting to rebuild means no toss up games in the next season or two. At least until late playoffs :)
                        Mavericks have been like the Alabama of the NSIC, minus the national titles. MSU will win a natty in due time. It's been refreshing to have competition for the league title and having upsets as well. Still, I do think MSU has a good chance to win the rest of their games. Will be interesting to see if the Mavs have improved from the team that struggled early against quality competition. We will know Saturday when those upstart Wildcats of Wayne America roll into Blakeslee to try to knockdown another big time opponent.

                        Recruiting is in full swing already, MSU has the most quality commits thus far, With AU and UMD also doing well.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                          Mavericks have been like the Alabama of the NSIC, minus the national titles. MSU will win a natty in due time. .
                          I hope that I'm still around to enjoy it!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

                            Mavericks have been like the Alabama of the NSIC, minus the national titles. MSU will win a natty in due time. It's been refreshing to have competition for the league title and having upsets as well. Still, I do think MSU has a good chance to win the rest of their games. Will be interesting to see if the Mavs have improved from the team that struggled early against quality competition. We will know Saturday when those upstart Wildcats of Wayne America roll into Blakeslee to try to knockdown another big time opponent.

                            Recruiting is in full swing already, MSU has the most quality commits thus far, With AU and UMD also doing well.
                            I have altered my prediction from 4 losses to 2 or 3 at this point. The AU and WSU games are the ones that stick out. If Saddler decides to poop the bed again, MSU shouldn’t have an issue winning. If Saddler plays well, AU will give the Mavs all they want and more. WSU always was a thorn during years MSU has lost NSIC games.

                            Fun season overall. Playoffs ought to be just as crazy.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                              It's time to separate the wheat from the chaff in the next 6 weeks, as the old timers used to say. What games are left for the four 1 loss teams.

                              Highest ranked MSU Mavs control their own destiny. Toughest games are all at the friendly confines of Blakeslee stadium. Home games against Wayne, USF and AU with a road trip to WSU. Also play UIU and SMSU.

                              UMD have easiest path to a 1 loss season. Home games vs. BSU, AU and NSU. With a road tussle at resurgent Mary. Also CSP and Minot.

                              AU has hardest path to a 1 loss season. Home against WSU. Road, WSC, MSU and UMD. Games vs UIU and SMSU.

                              WSC a 4-7 team in 2019 have already reached that win total in 5 games. Wildcats have a big game this week at MSU. Home tussles with AU and USF. Other games SMSU, UIU and at a good MSUM unit.

                              There is plenty of hope for 2 loss teams, waiting for above schools to slip-up. BSU, NSU, USF and WSU, 2019 saw 3 NSIC teams in playoffs including a 3 loss USF squad.
                              Good post. AU controls their own destiny as well. But has a very tough road and I don't think the QB can be counted on to play well in as many big games as they have ahead. Coaches should start rotating in the backup QB now to get him ready and push QB1.

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X