Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chadron State Stadium Renovation

Here are some pictures of Chadron State Stadium renovation.

EDIT:

For some reason, I am unable to post pictures right now. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong. I am trying to use the "insert image" feature in the above toolbox, it prompts me to paste in a url with an accepted file type of jpeg. I have jpeg images, if I paste that image into that box, its not working.

If someone can tell me what I am doing (a mod, or anyone else who knows this stuff better than I do), I can hopefully get these images to work. I plan on adding to this thread throughout the summer as progress is made to the renovation.

Meanwhile, here is a link to an article dated yesterday on the progress of the renovation.

http://chadroneagles.com/news/2018/5...y-25-2018.aspx

Some notable things from that article:

Bleachers to begin taking shape in June, in mid-June, an 8 inch rock bed will be dug for the installation of the field turf, the scoreboard will arrive in the 3rd week of June, the new stadium lights will also be installed in June. It is expected that the lights will be in use for the season opener Sept 1st against Black Hills State, although a gametime has not been set yet.

Hopefully I'll find a way to get pictures uploaded here.
    Last edited by sportsvine; 05-26-2018, 05:00 PM.

Re: Chadron State Stadium Renovation

Looks like it's going to be a nice stadium. The new Mines Stadium is pretty nice and sits right against the foothills.

Comment

I uploaded those pics to my photobucket account and I think I may be able to share them this way.

http://s217.photobucket.com/user/spo...m%20Renovation

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
        I uploaded those pics to my photobucket account and I think I may be able to share them this way.

http://s217.photobucket.com/user/spo...m%20Renovation
        Nice pics. How did the Spring Game go?

Comment

The press box is looking huge. I am sure some of the space up there is for entertaining local sponsors and alumni, which is really important for small college sports nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
            Nice pics. How did the Spring Game go?
            They had the spring game on the college practice football field. It wasn't advertised much, but there was a followup writeup on how it went.

http://chadroneagles.com/news/2018/4...ring-game.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
              They had the spring game on the college practice football field. It wasn't advertised much, but there was a followup writeup on how it went.

http://chadroneagles.com/news/2018/4...ring-game.aspx
              It would be nice to see the players and the community rally around the new facilities and reclaim the conference crown like back in the Woodhead era... Their fans need to make some NOISE and make it a intimidating place to visit!

Comment

The New Stadium opening is going to be a big event here 6:30 game time first night college football game in Chadron in 30 or 40 years. I think Chadron will be primed to take back the RMAC crown within a couple of years.

Comment

Just took a trip to the Rock today. The stadium is going to very cool. I hope it's all done before the first game!

Comment

Originally posted by CSCPRIDE View Post
                    Just took a trip to the Rock today. The stadium is going to very cool. I hope it's all done before the first game!
                    Not much visual progress has been made since I started this thread. The field under-surface has been leveled, and looks like some gravel is about to be laid prior to the installation of field turf. The lights are also about to be erected. The press box and seating structure is going forward and the new seating structure has still not been installed as of yet. The giant scoreboard is being installed the last couple of days.

Still lots of work to be done over the next couple of months.

About a week and a half ago there was a deluge of nonstop rain for three or four days that set things back about a week. The site is hot and dry now.

Comment

http://s217.photobucket.com/user/spo...006F.jpeg.html

Comment

Originally posted by WalterCampFan View Post
                        The press box is looking huge. I am sure some of the space up there is for entertaining local sponsors and alumni, which is really important for small college sports nowadays.
                        Having suites is starting to catch on and is a way to make more money when you have boosters that would pay for that extra comfort when watching a game. Not sure if Chadron is doing suites, but I know U Mary in Bismarck and Minot St both added suites once they saw what Dickinson State did. (and Dickinson St is NAIA).

Here is a street view of Dickinson State's stadium. Lower level has 9 suites and upper level was built with 5 (with one of them being an extra big suite for the University President). Press/Coaches/Game officials are also on the upper level.
                        https://goo.gl/maps/hhsdEgfqYJy

Granted, Dickinson (the town) is bigger than Chadron, but Chadron is D2 so you'd think they could sell some suites.

Comment

I like the score board also. That will add to the game day experience! Very cool

Comment

So are they gonna keep the cheap seats on the opposing team side? They were nice and close to the field.
                            Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Originally posted by GWolf View Post
                              So are they gonna keep the cheap seats on the opposing team side? They were nice and close to the field.
                              I think there will be seats over there but a little bigger and a little more modern... I could be wrong but that's what I think I heard

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X