Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 RMAC Attendance

Originally posted by CSCPRIDE View Post
    Chadron is all blue collar and kids who go there buy into that mentality. They are close-knit and play with a chip on their shoulder. I loved my time there and my oldest is a red shirt freshman there who had some RMAC offers but liked Chadron and the family feel.
    Under John Scott, Jay Long and Pat Fackrell brought this same mentality of family, hard work ethic, and that chip on your shoulder mentality. It's a proven way to win as Chadron has been successful for a long time. I wouldn't have wanted to be a part of any other team culture, it taught me a lot. Things like winter conditioning were brutal, but it brought the team together and got rid of guys who wouldn't buy in. I know that was something that Scott's assistants brought with them from CSC. BHSU has gone to a track practice style winter program focusing less on grinding and competing and more on 40 yard dashes and vertical leap measurements. I think it shows on the field. More than one way to win but I hope we can get back to that mentality.

I think local support is so important too. There are some die hard guys in Spearfish too but nothing like the fanatics from Nebraska. I would imagine that college is the absolute center of not only Chadron but surrounding communities. The black hills draws many people who don't care about sports so there is less local enthusiasm in my opinion. For that reason I can see why a kid who lives and breathes football would want to go there.

Comment

Week 7 Attendance Numbers

1. Dixie State (vs Western State) 2,303
      2. Colorado Mesa (vs Colorado State Pueblo) 2,014
      3. South Dakota Mines (vs Adams State) 1,233
      4. Fort Lews (vs Colorado Mines) 1,085
      5. Black Hills State (vs New Mexico Highlands) 547

Chadron State- Bye

Total Home Attendance and Average

1. Colorado State Pueblo 25,652 (4 games) 6,413
      2. Dixie State 13,228 (4 games) 3,307
      3. Colorado Mesa 9,440 (3 games) 3,147
      4. Colorado Mines 8,421 (3 games) 2,807
      5. Chadron State 6,918 (3 games) 2,306
      6. South Dakota Mines 8,398 (4 games) 2,100
      7. Adams State 6,200 (3 games) 2,067
      8. Fort Lewis 5,541 (4 games) 1,385
      9. Western State 3,189 (3 games) 1,063
      10. Black Hills State 3,131 (3 games) 1,044
      11. New Mexico Highlands 1,034 (2 games) 517
      Last edited by sportsvine; 11-11-2018, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Week 8 Attendance Numbers

1. Adams State (vs Colorado State Pueblo) 2,500
        2. Colorado Mines (vs Azusa Pacific) 2,163
        3. Black Hills State (vs Colorado Mesa) 2,007
        4. Chadron State (vs Dixie State) 2,002
        5. Fort Lewis (vs Western State) 1,350
        6. New Mexico Highlands (vs South Dakota Mines) 1,027

Total Home Attendance and Average

1. Colorado State Pueblo 25,652 (4 games) 6,413
        2. Dixie State 13,228 (4 games) 3,307
        3. Colorado Mesa 9,440 (3 games) 3,147
        4. Colorado Mines 10,584 (4 games) 2,646
        5. Chadron State 8,920 (4 games) 2,230
        6. Adams State 8,700 (4 games) 2,175
        7. South Dakota Mines 8,398 (4 games) 2,100
        8. Fort Lewis 6,891 (5 games) 1,378
        9. Black Hills State 5,138 (4 games) 1,285
        10. Western State 3,189 (3 games) 1,063
        11. New Mexico Highlands 2,061 (3 games) 687
        Last edited by sportsvine; 11-11-2018, 12:29 PM.

Comment

That number from Adams is entirely inaccurate lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
            Looking back every Adams home game is a rounded off 100s number that cant be right they must just be estimating.

Comment

Originally posted by BHer View Post
              Looking back every Adams home game is a rounded off 100s number that cant be right they must just be estimating.
              I'm saying it's about 1500 more than actual attendance lol.

Comment

I'm saying it's about 1500 more than actual attendance lol.
                They're including dorm students watching from their balconies :smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post
                  I counted those, got to about 27...lol. The stadium has a capacity of 2800, it was more than half empty. Too bad really, was a great game and a beautiful day

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post
                    Do those people count? There weren't a ton of people out on the balconies Saturday, but there were a bunch 2 years ago. And there seem to be a lot of folks back in whatever that indoor thing is in between the seats and the press box. And no idea how many Pack fans were there, but it seemed as if a fairly solid number of Pueblo folks that made the trip to Alamosa. Side note, I think Rex Field as cool as hell. It's my favorite road stadium, at least for watching the game. Spearfish is still my favorite RMAC city.

Comment

I have suspected that Adams numbers have been over-reported all year. Every game, their attendance is reported to the nearest hundred, so they are obviously not counting, or at least, reporting tickets counted. I also suspect that they up their total, but how much they up, is some debate.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
                        I have suspected that Adams numbers have been over-reported all year. Every game, their attendance is reported to the nearest hundred, so they are obviously not counting, or at least, reporting tickets counted. I also suspect that they up their total, but how much they up, is some debate.
                        If there were actually more than 1000 there, including a decent Pueblo crowd, I'd be surprised. Seems they just pick a random number that will look good, not sure why you'd lie about that but who knows...

Comment

Home side at Highlands from this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Pony View Post
                            Home side at Highlands from this weekend.

Turf looks nice and fans in the stands? I've never seen that before. Good for Highlands.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
                              Turf looks nice and fans in the stands? I've never seen that before. Good for Highlands.
                              it was homecoming, so that helped. A beer garden on the other side boosted the numbers sitting over there too.

Unfortunate to see how they've struggled with attendance; of course I suppose that coincides with W's and L's. There were games when I was there (90-94) when both sides were full.

It'd be great to see some more pics in this thread from around the RMAC.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Pony View Post

It'd be great to see some more pics in this thread from around the RMAC.

Yeah, I agree. I should have taken a picture of the nice crowd of Chadron State's last game. It seemed like the central new structure was mostly full, and the west grandstand was more than half-full and the east grandstand was mostly full (students tend to sit more on this side, but there is no regular student section). All in all, it seemed like a really nice turnout, helped by great weather. But, only 2,002 was reported actual. Hopefully the final home game has a nice turnout, and hopefully I figure out a way to upload a picture of the final home game to this thread.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X