Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSU Pueblo vs Texas A&M Commerce

Anyone have an analysis or prediction about this game?
    Is it going to be a defensive battle?
    Can Commerce shutdown the Pueblo running game?
    Can Pueblo hold onto the ball?
    Is the CSU Pueblo coaching staff ready for this one?

A lot is one the line here for both teams!

Re: CSU Pueblo vs Texas A&M Commerce

Originally posted by WalterCampFan View Post
    Anyone have an analysis or prediction about this game?
    Is it going to be a defensive battle?
    Can Commerce shutdown the Pueblo running game?
    Can Pueblo hold onto the ball?
    Is the CSU Pueblo coaching staff ready for this one?

A lot is one the line here for both teams!
    I think there are lots of question marks heading into this for both teams. Weather first. It is expected to be mostly clear here by kickoff. There will be scattered storms, and it will probably rain all night into the morning, so wet will likely be a factor. Both teams have to deal with that though, but if its raining then running the ball will be the order of the day.

TAMC defense is stout. Its gonna be hard for anyone to run with consistency against these guys. I believe we have the hands down best LB group in D2. If theres a better one I havent heard of them. Our D-line is quick and large, and we have a game wrecker at DT in Michael Ohouhe. Moving the ball on the ground against our defense will be a task for anyone.

TAMC offense is still searching for identity to some extent. RS Junior QB Preston Wheeler will be starting his 4th game. Things seem to have not quite slowed down enough for him yet & he tends to either rush his release or hold the ball a tick too long. He has great receivers and a cannon for an arm and I think its just a matter of time til it starts to click for him, but he aint quite there yet. If you can pressure him you may get good results. If you cant pressure him and he starts checking down it will be a long day of 7 yd completions for you. We have 2 very good running backs, both sophomores, with good strength and burst speed. Carandal Hale is probably the best of the group, but he has had fumbling issues at times and so doesnt always get the reps. If we get our best athlete on offense TE Vincent Hobbs the ball, watch what this kid does. He has a legit chance to play on Sundays.

Our special teams are outstanding. We are consistently one of the best cover teams in D2, when our kicker doesnt just blast it out of the end zone. Our FG kicker is now #4 all time/all division in college FGs made and he is almost automatic inside 45 yards. One of our return guys runs the 3rd leg in our national champion 4X100 relay team in track, so if you dont bottle him up right away, well, bye.

I think defense will carry the day in this one. I like us at home, in iffy weather, due to special teams play. First team to 24 likely wins tomorrow.

There's your Commerce scouting report. What are y'all bringing?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
      What are y'all bringing?

Comment

I just watched a little bit of Texas A&M Commerce. Both teams do not have outstanding offenses. If CSU Pueblo's defense can play at the level it is capable of playing and the same for the Lions' defense, then well, it's going to be a defensive battle and turnovers, along with special teams are going to decide this contest.

I have confidence in the CSU Pueblo defense, but the offense scares the poop out of me.

I wish I was going. Thanks for offering your hospitality to the Colorado fans JakeTAMUC!!

Comment

Keep us posted with updates please

Comment

Halftime. Commerce 10 CSU Pueblo 6

Comment

CSU Pueblo is making stupid mistakes on offense, but at least the offense is moving the ball. Defense is solid. Commerce only TD was on a punt return.

Comment

Originally posted by WalterCampFan View Post
                CSU Pueblo is making stupid mistakes on offense, but at least the offense is moving the ball. Defense is solid. Commerce only TD was on a punt return.
                Commerce offense is not good. these 2 teams are nearly mirror images.
                I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                  Commerce offense is not good. these 2 teams are nearly mirror images.
                  Agreed! :good:

Comment

No Bernard McDondle for Pueblo tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                      No Bernard McDondle for Pueblo tonight.
                      What's wrong with him? The announcers said he practiced.

Comment

Touchdown CSU Pueblo. Score is now CSP 13 and Commerce 10. The score was a 12 yard run by Austin Micci. He has been a workhouse all year long.

Comment

Thunderwolves kicker covered fumbled kickoff return. 1st and 10 on Lion's 44 yard line.

Comment

CSU Pueblo kicks a field goal under terrible conditions. Rain Rrain rain...

CSP 16 Commerce 10

Comment

CSU Pueblo seems energized and Commerce appears to be off balance and trying to get recentered.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X