Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chadron at Mesa

Chadron actually playing pretty good. Moving the ball well on the ground and Holst throwing the ball well. Defensively, they have given up a couple of big touchdowns, but they are playing well in the trenches.

However, I am going to say this. IMO, shotgun is a TERRIBLE formation in any 3rd or 4th down situation where you need less than a yard for a first down or touchdown. They managed to score a touchdown in this type of situation, 4th and goal from the 1 foot line, and they did get a touchdown on a shotgun handoff. Anytime a shotgun is used in these situations, the formation allows for defensive penetration before the running back even gets the ball, and then the running back has to travel 5 yards just to make the line of scrimmage. I HATE shotgun in these situations. QB sneak is not in Chris Stein's playbook. I don't think that is smart.

Later, they line up in a 4th and 1/2 yard from Mesa 30 in shotgun, with Chadron up 14-10. Holst faces immediate pressure and fumbles and Mesa defender takes the ball 50 yards down the other way. The entire game is turned around now, and Mesa is looking like they are going to open up a big lead. Did I say I hate the shotgun in those situations?

Re: Chadron at Mesa

Best thing in this game? Refs are letting them play. Let's hope it stays that way. Mesa up 24-14 at half.

Comment

Chadron does it again. 3rd and goal from the 1 foot line, shotgun formation, and they lose two yards and settle for FG. SMFH.

Comment

Best way to describe how Mesa plays - haphazard. And ugly.

Comment

Mesa's defense..... BAD. Unbelievably bad!

Comment

Mesa will lose to Mines big.

Comment

38-34 Chadron with 5 minutes left, Mesa about to get ball. Ugly, ugly, ugly.

Comment

Well damn. This sounds like a good game.

Comment

Yay Chadron State!!!! That helps CSU Pueblo!

Comment

Eagles going to win 38-34. Nice job by them, awful job by Mesa. I can see Mesa losing at least 2 more games, probably more as they just do not play with much intensity. So, just as well.

Comment

Nice win for Chadron. Definitely bucks the trend of a criticism I've had of Chadron the last few years. Good against the bad teams and bad against the good teams. Well, they were good today, against a good team.

Comment

Originally posted by WalterCampFan View Post
                        That helps CSU Pueblo!
                        Not really. Mines is going to throttle Mesa.

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post
                          Not really. Mines is going to throttle Mesa.
                          I'll bet you are surprised on this prediction...

Comment

Even though we can't use the transitive property in football. CSU Pueblo beats Chadron, Chadron beats Mesa, Mesa beats Eastern New Mexico and Texas Commerce barely beats Eastern New Mexico. You know where I'm going with this right?

Comment

Originally posted by WalterCampFan View Post
                              Even though we can't use the transitive property in football. CSU Pueblo beats Chadron, Chadron beats Mesa, Mesa beats Eastern New Mexico and Texas Commerce barely beats Eastern New Mexico. You know where I'm going with this right?
                              rmac>SEC SEC SEC!
                              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X