Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wristen's salary?

How much does Wristen make at CSUP? UNC might be in need of a head coach soon.

Re: Wristen's salary?

Probably enough that he doesn't want to take over that dumpster fire of a program at this point in his career. :smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by BigSkyBears View Post
      How much does Wristen make at CSUP? UNC might be in need of a head coach soon.
      I'm sure he's not interested in taking over a program he is currently 1-0 against.

Comment

Okay, okay enough with the trash talk. Honestly, how much is he making right now?

Comment

Okay, okay enough with the trash talk. Honestly, how much is he making right now?
          You come on the RMAC forum and ask this and expect to get something other than trash talk? How naive. If you're serious and have a position to talk turkey go ask him yourself.
          Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Looks like 2016-2017 was a base of about 90k with another 45k in bonus/incentive/whatever you want to call it if I'm reading it right.

https://www.csupueblo.edu/vice-presi...udget-fy17.pdf

UNC is at ~150k plus any incentives that, unless the incentive is to not go winless, I doubt are being met.

https://www.greeleytribune.com/news/...act-extension/

"Overall, UNC is 15-41 under Collins." - Wish that level of success would get me a raise.
            Last edited by Turbonium; 09-29-2018, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
              Looks like 2016-2017 was a base of about 90k with another 45k in bonus/incentive/whatever you want to call it if I'm reading it right.

https://www.csupueblo.edu/vice-presi...udget-fy17.pdf

UNC is at ~150k plus any incentives that, unless the incentive is to not go winless, I doubt are being met.

https://www.greeleytribune.com/news/...act-extension/

"Overall, UNC is 15-41 under Collins." - Wish that level of success would get a raise.
              Thanks. I would love to see him take over at UNC. He might jump at a job at the next level and in one of the best conferences in the FCS.

Comment

Thanks. I would love to see him take over at UNC. He might jump at a job at the next level and in one of the best conferences in the FCS.
                UNC has to publish the exact same financials so if you can find them you can see what bonuses there are in place up there.

Personally I think if Wristen were going to leave Pueblo it would have happened by now. There would be some perks but I believe the facilities at Pueblo are newer and nicer, the fan support is higher (of course this is due greatly to a decade of success, and he can coach a team that is a relatively big fish in a small pond rather than a small fish in a slightly not as small pond. Could be entirely wrong and he leaves after this season but I'd be surprised at that move.

Comment

UNC has to publish the exact same financials so if you can find them you can see what bonuses there are in place up there.

Personally I think if Wristen were going to leave Pueblo it would have happened by now. There would be some perks but I believe the facilities at Pueblo are newer and nicer, the fan support is higher (of course this is due greatly to a decade of success, and he can coach a team that is a relatively big fish in a small pond rather than a small fish in a slightly not as small pond. Could be entirely wrong and he leaves after this season but I'd be surprised at that move.
                  UNC is a joke, and they can thank Jim Fallis for that bonehead decision to go D1. As players and former players, we were all scratching our heads at that one. It was not a good choice, and it doesn't ever look like they will be competitive. Nottingham is a nice D2 stadium, but it is pathetic for FCS. I had the Eastern Washington @ MSU game on the TV with CSUP on the computer. Montana State looks so much more big time in every way, it's sad.

They can't hire a coach to save their life, some of the kids from Colorado who they have recruited vs some they have passed on makes me scratch my head.

I think UNC saw the writing on the wall with the NCC, and I know they thought they were far superior to the RMAC. When Shane Carwin turned down UNC for Western, O. Kay Dalton called him small time and said he'd never beat UNC...except that he did.

Wristen is better than the bottom of the Big Sky. I hate to say it, because I played there and have some kids I have coached with offers from UNC, but I wouldn't send my kid there.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RichardNoggin View Post
                      UNC is a joke, and they can thank Jim Fallis for that bonehead decision to go D1. As players and former players, we were all scratching our heads at that one. It was not a good choice, and it doesn't ever look like they will be competitive. Nottingham is a nice D2 stadium, but it is pathetic for FCS. I had the Eastern Washington @ MSU game on the TV with CSUP on the computer. Montana State looks so much more big time in every way, it's sad.

They can't hire a coach to save their life, some of the kids from Colorado who they have recruited vs some they have passed on makes me scratch my head.

I think UNC saw the writing on the wall with the NCC, and I know they thought they were far superior to the RMAC. When Shane Carwin turned down UNC for Western, O. Kay Dalton called him small time and said he'd never beat UNC...except that he did.

Wristen is better than the bottom of the Big Sky. I hate to say it, because I played there and have some kids I have coached with offers from UNC, but I wouldn't send my kid there.

I feel your pain. I have acquaintances who played at UNC back when the Bears were a DII powerhouse. Now, UNC is an easy win on another conference team's schedule, no wins in 5 games this season.

I think it's fair to say that if an out-of-state HS prospect were told to watch televised games of UNC and CSUP, and didn't know which one was the FCS DI team, he might mistake UNC for the DII school. The size and layout of UNC's stadium, Nottingham Field, looks DII all the way. This season CSUP has attracted crowds of 6,499, 6,965 and 7,123 to its first three games, compared to 5,672, 3,768 and 4,902 for UNC. The atmosphere at CSUP gives it the appearance of an FCS game as compared to UNC.

I agree with others on this thread who believe that Wristen would turn away an offer to coach in Greeley. UNC is an excellent academic institution but the administration's commitment to athletics, football in particular, is not there.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardNoggin View Post

Last edited by BigSkyBears; 09-30-2018, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo View Post
                          I feel your pain. I have acquaintances who played at UNC back when the Bears were a DII powerhouse. Now, UNC is an easy win on another conference team's schedule, no wins in 5 games this season.

I think it's fair to say that if an out-of-state HS prospect were told to watch televised games of UNC and CSUP, and didn't know which one was the FCS DI team, he might mistake UNC for the DII school. The size and layout of UNC's stadium, Nottingham Field, looks DII all the way. This season CSUP has attracted crowds of 6,499, 6,965 and 7,123 to its first three games, compared to 5,672, 3,768 and 4,902 for UNC. The atmosphere at CSUP gives it the appearance of an FCS game as compared to UNC.

I agree with others on this thread who believe that Wristen would turn away an offer to coach in Greeley. UNC is an excellent academic institution but the administration's commitment to athletics, football in particular, is not there.
                          UNC screwed themselves when they did not hire Stitt from Mines when they had a chance. He really wanted to go back there. Instead, they hired Collins, who then hired Jon Boyer to be OC. Boyer coached at Mesa, and is a moron. UNC could be successful, but now it will take a top-notch coach who can instill lightning in the program and grow it from the ash heap they are in now. Just look at Mines - they were the perennial bottom dweller before Stitt. It takes time and leadership. Once you build some success and excitement, the money will flow.

Until they make a thoughtful change that may require them to stretch, it will remain a dumpster fire.

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post
                            UNC screwed themselves when they did not hire Stitt from Mines when they had a chance. He really wanted to go back there. Instead, they hired Collins, who then hired Jon Boyer to be OC. Boyer coached at Mesa, and is a moron. UNC could be successful, but now it will take a top-notch coach who can instill lightning in the program and grow it from the ash heap they are in now. Just look at Mines - they were the perennial bottom dweller before Stitt. It takes time and leadership. Once you build some success and excitement, the money will flow.

Until they make a thoughtful change that may require them to stretch, it will remain a dumpster fire.

I agree whodat. UNC had a shot at Stitt and passed him over. He is currently an offensive analyst asst. coach at Oklahoma State. There's a good chance he would consider a HC job at UNC if given the opportunity; provided the administration is willing to give more than a modicum of commitment to improving the program.

Collins has had more than a fair chance to succeed in Greeley and hasn't. The poor UNC fans have had to endure several losing seasons, with no relief in sight. Right now UNC is the conference doormat. I'm pretty sure Mines and CSUP could beat the Bears without a lot deal of difficulty. Time to put out the dumpster fire. Stitt had a tough time at Montana but didn't get a lot of time to implement his changes. I think that given the time and resources, he could make Still happen in Greeley.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo View Post
                              I agree whodat. UNC had a shot at Stitt and passed him over. He is currently an offensive analyst asst. coach at Oklahoma State. There's a good chance he would consider a HC job at UNC if given the opportunity; provided the administration is willing to give more than a modicum of commitment to improving the program.

Collins has had more than a fair chance to succeed in Greeley and hasn't. The poor UNC fans have had to endure several losing seasons, with no relief in sight. Right now UNC is the conference doormat. I'm pretty sure Mines and CSUP could beat the Bears without a lot deal of difficulty. Time to put out the dumpster fire. Stitt had a tough time at Montana but didn't get a lot of time to implement his changes. I think that given the time and resources, he could make Still happen in Greeley.
                              Totally agree with whodat and LOBO regarding Stitt. They've made some major mistakes over the history of UNC football, but not hiring Stitt will go down as one of the biggest. I also agree that Stitt didn't get enough time at Montanna, but that's a top tier D1-AA program and based on the history of the program I'm sure there was impatience in the ranks. UNC has not been good since leaving D2. If they were to hire Stitt and give him the time needed, IMO it would be a good thing for Greely.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X