X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 most scenic stadiums in D2. 3 from the RMAC

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...s-dii-football

Re: 13 most scenic stadiums in D2. 3 from the RMAC

RMAC has some great scenery for sure. I have been to every stadium in the conference and I would rate the backdrops as follows:

1. Fort Lewis
    2. Colorado Mines
    3. Western
    4. Black Hills State
    5. Mesa
    6. Adams State
    7. Dixie State
    8. NM Highlands
    9. SD Mines
    10. CSU-Pueblo
    11. Chadron

I admit I have a big pro Thunderwolves bias, and the scenery at the Thunderbowl is nothing to write home about, I put it above Chadron because at least you don't have to drive 400 miles to see something pretty in Pueblo. I would also say if UCCS ever added football (assuming they played in the current soccer stadium), they would go way up high on this list, at least from the East side of the field.

Comment

Just looked down at the Mines' field from Lookout Mountain a couple hours ago. I took a picture with my phone, but had to zoom in so much that the pic was less than great. Cool looking stadium from up there.

I have to ask, though....I remember when I was a kid driving by Coors and it was staaaanky....is it still? If so, does it come over to the stadium, being that close and all?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
        Just looked down at the Mines' field from Lookout Mountain a couple hours ago. I took a picture with my phone, but had to zoom in so much that the pic was less than great. Cool looking stadium from up there.

I have to ask, though....I remember when I was a kid driving by Coors and it was staaaanky....is it still? If so, does it come over to the stadium, being that close and all?
        I have never noticed a smell in the several times I have been to Marv Kay Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
          I have never noticed a smell in the several times I have been to Marv Kay Stadium.
          . . . which is not to say we haven't stunk it up there a couple of times! :crying:
          Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Originally posted by GWolf View Post
            . . . which is not to say we haven't stunk it up there a couple of times! :crying:
            Ugh, last 2 trips for sure. Especially that lightning delay game 2 years ago.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X