Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nerd Bowl

Which Mines team will come out on top? Just don't see S.D. Mine keeping up. The Orediggers defense will not let them score their 40+ points. Even though S.D. has the top offense the Orediggers starters have only had to play 4 quarters in 2 games. Orediggers by 20.

Re: The Nerd Bowl

CO Mines by 24.

Sullivan is a very talented QB but don't think they will get too much going consistently and their defense will be very much outmatched by the Orediggers offense.

Comment

Which team had Physics or math tests this week? Who wins will be determined by that.... :smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post
        Which team had Physics or math tests this week? Who wins will be determined by that.... :smile-big:
        I think there is something to that. I remember a couple of years ago when CO Mines lost a couple of road games in basketball against S.D Mines and Black Hills State, Orser the coach blamed it on having finals at the same time.

Comment

Selfish self interest says South Dakota Nerds (Go Hardrockers!). But logic says Colorado Nerds win. Is there a trophy? There should be trophy. Like a Golden Protractor or a Bronze Slide Rule.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
            Selfish self interest says South Dakota Nerds (Go Hardrockers!). But logic says Colorado Nerds win. Is there a trophy? There should be trophy. Like a Golden Protractor or a Bronze Slide Rule.
            That would be a novel idea. I think the Golden Slide Rule would be best!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by togthorn View Post
              That would be a novel idea. I think the Golden Slide Rule would be best!!!!!
              THE COLORADO NERDS PUT UP 80 plus on the SD TRYLAMS

Comment

Now, that was a serious can of whoop. Colorado mines is shocking the nation..

Comment

As a reward they might get to play Midwestern in the first round, probably their least favorable matchup.

Comment

Congrats to the Colorado Nerds on capturing the coveted Golden Slide Rule! togthorn, seriously, you and other folks from both states' Mines need to make a literal Golden Slide Rule a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                      As a reward they might get to play Midwestern in the first round, probably their least favorable matchup.
                      Nah, Mines has beaten them before in the playoffs, I'm not worried about them.

More importantly, Midwestern is unlikely to even make the playoffs, because they only play 10 games. In the end, they will be left out and CWU will be in. I've seen this 2-loss, 10-games scenario a bunch over the years, and it rarely works out well for a team with an 8-2 record.

Comment

More importantly, Midwestern is unlikely to even make the playoffs, because they only play 10 games. In the end, they will be left out and CWU will be in. I've seen this 2-loss, 10-games scenario a bunch over the years, and it rarely works out well for a team with an 8-2 record.
                        I'm 50-50 on it, CWU also has 10 D2 games and a loss to a common opponent. We shall see what way the committee goes.

Comment

I'm 50-50 on it, CWU also has 10 D2 games and a loss to a common opponent. We shall see what way the committee goes.
                          True, but they like to have all conferences represented, if reasonable.

Comment

True, but they like to have all conferences represented, if reasonable.
                            Does a win over common opponent outweigh 2 D2 losses for MSU Texas vs 1 D2 loss for CWU, assuming both run the table?

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
                              Does a win over common opponent outweigh 2 D2 losses for MSU Texas vs 1 D2 loss for CWU, assuming both run the table?
                              Not as much. Wins/loss percentage (D2) has the highest weighting of all categories. But the CWU loss to WT will be a point of discussion.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X