Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Score

Chadron 30 Mesa 42

Halfway into the 3rd quarter, Chadron was up 23-13. Then, Mesa made adjustments that Chadron was never able to counter against. Mesa outscored Chadron 29-7 in the final 20 minutes. Holst had 2 pick 6 interceptions.

Honestly, Chadron was lucky to be leading throughout much of the 1st 3 quarters. Mesa had a couple of costly turnovers, one on Chadron's 3, when Mesa looked like they were going to get a touchdown, and one on their side of the field that led to a short field Chadron touchdown. Also, I thought the officiating benefited Chadron in the 1st half.

And, to be quite honest here.... I really think its possible Chadron might not win another game this year. I really think they have stooped down to the level of Adams, Highlands, and Western, and I don't see them beating CoMines, Dixie, and UT Permian Basin, and SD Mines is due to beat Chadron as well.

I have a gut feeling that Jay Long might be on his way out, especially if the season unfolds like the way I'm afraid it could.

Comment

10-7 Commerce as Pueblo scores with 5 minutes to play in the half.

Gunnar settling in after not playing since 1st qtr at Dixie. Pack defense looks pretty solid thus far.

Comment

10-10 at half.

In 6 full quarters of play the Commece offense has scored zero TDs against the Pack D. Impressive job by the Pueblo defense the last 2 years against a talented group of playmakers.

Comment

Commerce takes the lead 17-10 on a strange goal line play. Runner marked down, Pack defense off the field and they then change the call to a TD.

Comment

Pack offense responds quickly. Gunnar finding his groove.

17-17

Comment

Pack defense with a pick, Gunnar picks the Commerce secondary apart.

24-17 Pack 11 minutes to play

Comment

24-17 Pack

1 minute to play, Commerce with the ball on the Pack 8 yard line. What a game!

Comment

4th and Goal, here's the game...

Comment

28-16 Dixie over SD Mines

The 'Rockers kept it close longer than I expected, but Dixie proved to be too deep. Gone are the days of Trent McKinney and Jake Sullivan where the defense essentially needed to keep teams under 30 points and there would be a decent shot for SD Mines to win. Next week against Pueblo will be brutal especially with the Black Hills Brawl the following week

Comment

Pack defense holds and CSU-Pueblo knocks off Commerce for the second year in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                        Yes Commerce should be....
                        Indeed. Very.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattportman View Post

Reason for concern?
                          You tell me...

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
                            Final Score

Chadron 30 Mesa 42

Halfway into the 3rd quarter, Chadron was up 23-13. Then, Mesa made adjustments that Chadron was never able to counter against. Mesa outscored Chadron 29-7 in the final 20 minutes. Holst had 2 pick 6 interceptions.

Honestly, Chadron was lucky to be leading throughout much of the 1st 3 quarters. Mesa had a couple of costly turnovers, one on Chadron's 3, when Mesa looked like they were going to get a touchdown, and one on their side of the field that led to a short field Chadron touchdown. Also, I thought the officiating benefited Chadron in the 1st half.

And, to be quite honest here.... I really think its possible Chadron might not win another game this year. I really think they have stooped down to the level of Adams, Highlands, and Western, and I don't see them beating CoMines, Dixie, and UT Permian Basin, and SD Mines is due to beat Chadron as well.

I have a gut feeling that Jay Long might be on his way out, especially if the season unfolds like the way I'm afraid it could.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                              Pack defense holds and CSU-Pueblo knocks off Commerce for the second year in a row.
                              Great WIN for CSUP & for Mines (heck for the RMAC). Mines needs to return the favor in a few weeks when they travel to SoCal and beat hell outta Azuza Pacific.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X