Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homestake Trophy Game

Exciting week in the Black Hills with one of the more hyped games for both schools since the move to D2. This rivalry is one of the oldest in all of college football so it's fun to see this year both teams off to good starts!

For BHSU a win last week with their backup QB was nice to see. Eben played a great game. Willard did not dress. BHSU is fortunate to have both kids. Hopefully both QBs are healthy this week.

Defensively for BHSU I am very impressed with some of what they've done. There are some very good tacklers on this team. Though this week looks to be a very tough test. As SDSM&T can throw the ball well and their QB can create big plays with his feet. There are some small DBs for the Jackets that might be a huge advantage for SDSM if their WRs have a height advantage.

I watched a small amount of the SDSM game with Highlands. So I'm not extremely in tune with their team. Statistically the offense looks quite good. I saw the QB scramble and make a big play that caught my eye.

I think this game will be a fun one to watch. BH will struggle if they cannot take care of the football. As turnovers have been an issue this season.

Without any bold predictions I think SDSM wins this game. BHSU keeps it close if they don't hurt themselves with turnovers and are able to stop the passing game of SDSM.

BHSU kicker has made 2 kicks in the 49 plus range the the last two weeks. If the game is close maybe he can make an impact.

​​

Really bummed flights are so expensive otherwise I'd try to make it back to the Hills for the game. I agree that this will be close, and I am interested to see if BH is for real. The schedule has been pretty light for the Yellow Jackets so far, and I think this will be their first big test

Comment

This is the game of the week. It's the most meaningful Homestake Trophy since they joined the RMAC. With both of them being good teams this year, near the top of the conference, this brings some excitement that I don't recall being there in years past. While the rivalry is great in it's own right, it is awesome that the both are in a position to vie for a conference title if they win. I'll be tuned in.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X