12Noon South Dakota Mines @ New Mexico Highlands
    1PM Black Hills State @ Colorado Mesa
    2PM #2 Colorado Mines @ CSU Pueblo
    6PM Fort Lewis @ Adams State

Rockers are rolling in the lesser Vegas, 28-0 in the middle of the 3rd

Comment

The wind in Pueblo today is no joke. Definitely affecting the game

Comment

Looks like Chadron’s offense is showing signs of life against a good Western D.

Comment

Hell of a game in Junction today. Dueling field goals inside the last two minutes.

Comment

Pueblo has been gashing Mines with runs. They have to tackle better. That could haunt them like it did against Ferris last year.

Comment

Not sure why you'd risk Matocha still being in at this stage of the game, would be silly to get hurt having him in while up 27 with a few minutes left.

Pueblo with basically an exact repeat of their first 4 games last year. Don't think they'll win out the rest of the way though, they look real bad on both sides of the ball. No idea how the GV game went to OT. They could play that game 10 times and GV likely wins by an average of 21+.

Ferris looks so much better than any team SR4 will send to the playoffs. Impressive what they've been able to build there.
              Last edited by Turbonium; 09-24-2023, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post
                Hell of a game in Junction today. Dueling field goals inside the last two minutes.
                50 yard game winner for BHSU. Having a kicker who can do that is such an asset. Fun game to watch.

Comment

While I did watch the Mines game today (disapointing blowout) maybe the game I should have gone to was Fort Lewis vs Adams. Both teams are playing their asses off, the most life I have seen out of FLC in 4.5 years. Lets break this streak.
                  obviously fort lewis still has plenty of time to disappoint me but this has been much better than last year.

Comment

All games final.

#20 Western Colorado 35 @ Chadron State 17
                    South Dakota Mines 42 @ New Mexico Highlands 7
                    Black Hills State 25 @ Colorado Mesa 23
                    #2 Colorado Mines 55 @ CSU Pueblo 14
                    Fort Lewis 24 @ Adams State 25

Comment

So, with the new clock rules in college football, is the clock supposed to stop after first downs to respot the ball inside of 2 minutes of the 2nd and 4th quarter (was mentioned and followed late in the Ohio State/Notre Dame game), or is the clock supposed to keep running?

In the Fort Lewis/Adams game, while Fort Lewis was driving with their final possession with under a minute, the clock did not stop after their one first down and the commentators were saying that the clock should keep running (who knows if they actually know what they were talking about). Then as Fort Lewis lined up on their next play after a first down, the clock did indeed never stop, until, Adams called a timeout as Fort Lewis was ready to snap the next play.

Do D1 and D2 have separate clock rules? (I doubt that....)

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
                        So, with the new clock rules in college football, is the clock supposed to stop after first downs to respot the ball inside of 2 minutes of the 2nd and 4th quarter (was mentioned and followed late in the Ohio State/Notre Dame game), or is the clock supposed to keep running?

In the Fort Lewis/Adams game, while Fort Lewis was driving with their final possession with under a minute, the clock did not stop after their one first down and the commentators were saying that the clock should keep running (who knows if they actually know what they were talking about). Then as Fort Lewis lined up on their next play after a first down, the clock did indeed never stop, until, Adams called a timeout as Fort Lewis was ready to snap the next play.

Do D1 and D2 have separate clock rules? (I doubt that....)
                        I noticed this on the last drive of the UTPB Western game as well. I have the understanding clock is supposed to stop after first downs last two mins of each half like you said.

Two things I wondered, 1 clock operators in d2 not understanding the rule and need to get things figured out. 2. Is it just the webcast clock that's off. If clock operators aren't doing this right I hope officials get it fixed soon.

Edit: watched final drive if Adams Ft Lewis. And it looks like the clock was operated right. Just the announcer was wrong.
                        Last edited by BHer; 09-24-2023, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BHer View Post

I noticed this on the last drive of the UTPB Western game as well. I have the understanding clock is supposed to stop after first downs last two mins of each half like you said.

Two things I wondered, 1 clock operators in d2 not understanding the rule and need to get things figured out. 2. Is it just the webcast clock that's off. If clock operators aren't doing this right I hope officials get it fixed soon.

Edit: watched final drive if Adams Ft Lewis. And it looks like the clock was operated right. Just the announcer was wrong.
                          Thanks for responding and looking yourself, but watch it again.

​​​​​​https://rmacnetwork.com/?B=657795

Go to the 2:54:12 mark and you'll see Fort Lewis get a first down, tackled in bounds. The clock was at 0:34 when the tackled was completed and 4 seconds ran off to 0:30 and then stopped. Then Adams called a timeout. I am thinking there might be synching issues with the video/audio/and graphical time feeds. If it's just synching issues, then perhaps you are right and the clock was operated correctly. Also, earlier in that possession, there were issues with the graphical time showing clock ticking when it shouldn't have, then it was fixed, then the commentator mentioned time remaining that didn't agree with the graphic. So, all in all, hard to tell for sure with that production if the clock was operated correctly or not.

Comment

Heartbreaking loss in Alamosa. Skyhawks showed a ton of fight and were in it up till the very last minute. Might've been our only real shot of a win this year but I'm so proud of what coach Cox has done with the squad. I have a feeling that next year we're gonna have a breakout season with at least 1-2 wins!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post

Thanks for responding and looking yourself, but watch it again.

​​​​​​https://rmacnetwork.com/?B=657795

Go to the 2:54:12 mark and you'll see Fort Lewis get a first down, tackled in bounds. The clock was at 0:34 when the tackled was completed and 4 seconds ran off to 0:30 and then stopped. Then Adams called a timeout. I am thinking there might be synching issues with the video/audio/and graphical time feeds. If it's just synching issues, then perhaps you are right and the clock was operated correctly. Also, earlier in that possession, there were issues with the graphical time showing clock ticking when it shouldn't have, then it was fixed, then the commentator mentioned time remaining that didn't agree with the graphic. So, all in all, hard to tell for sure with that production if the clock was operated correctly or not.
                              Yea I noticed that. I looked to see if the clock started right on the snap after the time out. Which it did so I'm guessing the clock was right. Also the home side line judge did signal for a clock stoppage. Homer clock operator milking a few seconds perhaps? 4 seconds though is a stretch though even for a home clock operator. And maybe if it weren't for the timeout the clock would have kept running.

Check out the Western game against UTPB final minute of the game. Falcons get a first down and run hurry up and the clock never stops after a first down. Burned about 11 seconds off the clock. I don't believe a ref signaled for a clock stoppage but I could be remembering it wrong there. Happened again and they caught it, you can hear someone yell clock, and players looked upset on the field. I thought it was poorly done by the officials, as they didn't stop and make sure things were right. And signaled the clock to run as soon as the chains were set.

​​
                              Last edited by BHer; 09-24-2023, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X