Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post

I wonder why your so confident in Valdosta and Slippery Rock? Slippery Rock lost to Kutztown 31-7 in PSAC Champ game; alo LR and Valdosta are similarly ranked. FWIW, LR and Kutztown are both enjoying 14 point leads.

I do agree with you on GV Harding being a toss up and Mines heavily favored.
    LR Valdosta was tough for me, went back and forth and ultimately settled in the very wrong team lol.

Comment

Final Kutztown 28 Slippery Rock 16. I have some sort of a fascination with the PSAC. From pics I've seen, lots of beautiful stadium settings, and pretty neat college names.

Comment

Lenoir Rhyne beats Valdosta 35-7.

Comment

If I had known that Harding runs a total gimmick offfense, I would have picked Grand Valley. Having said that, Hardin still in the game, trailing 6-0 at the start of the 4th quarter.

Comment

12 min left in game, and Harding gets first pass completion of the game. A 20 yard pass. Only 3 pass attempts by their offense. Harding approaching the red zone.

Comment

Harding beats GV 7-6 with that gimmick offense, lol.

Comment

Colorado Mines beats Central Washington 38-14.

Comment

So, we have....

Colorado Mines, Harding, Kutztown, and Lenoir Rhyne.

If I were seeding these teams, I would suggest

4)Kutztown @ 1)Colorado Mines
                  3)Lenoir-Rhyne @ 2)Harding

Comment

Harding beats GV 7-6 with that gimmick offense, lol.
                    Gimmick? Bro you’re a gimmick. What about it makes it a joke? The fact that Harding can have repeatable success by running a highly disciplined offense while also having the best defense in the country?

Comment

Originally posted by LeftSider View Post

Gimmick? Bro you’re a gimmick. What about it makes it a joke? The fact that Harding can have repeatable success by running a highly disciplined offense while also having the best defense in the country?
                      Maybe the lol was unnecessary, but the offense is, by definition, a gimmick.

Comment

Maybe the lol was unnecessary, but the offense is, by definition, a gimmick.
                        It is definitely not by definition a gimmick. It’s literally a different type of offense. What does HU need to do to stop being labeled as a long shot or a circus act.

Comment

It is definitely not by definition a gimmick. It’s literally a different type of offense. What does HU need to do to stop being labeled as a long shot or a circus act.
                          So I looked up definition of gimmick...

A gimmick is an unusual and unnecessary feature or action whose purpose is to attract attention or publicity.

I bolded the word that I was trying to convey when I labeled their offense a gimmick. But the rest of the definition doesn't fit. Maybe if we use a pure football sense in the definition of "gimmick" a word that comes to mind would be unconventional. I don't follow Harding football. But, I have been following this D2 postseason, and while I was following some of the games on the various statcasts, I remember doing a double take, even a triple take, I was just trying to make sense of what I was seeing, that Harding had 0 pass attempts at halftime. Harding didn't have a pass attempt until late in the 3rd, and the qb was 1/3 for 20 yards. Yeah, very very unconventional, fits my football definition of gimmick.

Here is a video I found put out by Harding on the game highlights. Kinda weird that the touchdown, extra point, and stuffed fake punt were the only non-defensive plays in the 2:19 long video. Not even the 20 yard pass was shown in the video.

Comment

So I looked up definition of gimmick...

A gimmick is an unusual and unnecessary feature or action whose purpose is to attract attention or publicity.

I bolded the word that I was trying to convey when I labeled their offense a gimmick. But the rest of the definition doesn't fit. Maybe if we use a pure football sense in the definition of "gimmick" a word that comes to mind would be unconventional. I don't follow Harding football. But, I have been following this D2 postseason, and while I was following some of the games on the various statcasts, I remember doing a double take, even a triple take, I was just trying to make sense of what I was seeing, that Harding had 0 pass attempts at halftime. Harding didn't have a pass attempt until late in the 3rd, and the qb was 1/3 for 20 yards. Yeah, very very unconventional, fits my football definition of gimmick.

Here is a video I found put out by Harding on the game highlights. Kinda weird that the touchdown, extra point, and stuffed fake punt were the only non-defensive plays in the 2:19 long video. Not even the 20 yard pass was shown in the video.

The end of the definition matters too. ‘… Purpose is to attract attention

as many of my colleagues say on a weekly basis: “words have meaning”

Comment

The end of the definition matters too. ‘… Purpose is to attract attention

as many of my colleagues say on a weekly basis: “words have meaning”
                              Yes, of course. Whenever I hear the phrase "gimmick offense" used in football context, I don't think the offense is designed to attract attention, even though it is attracting attention.

Comment

I wonder why your so confident in Valdosta and Slippery Rock? Slippery Rock lost to Kutztown 31-7 in PSAC Champ game; alo LR and Valdosta are similarly ranked. FWIW, LR and Kutztown are both enjoying 14 point leads.

I do agree with you on GV Harding being a toss up and Mines heavily favored.

Those LR and Valdosta picks didn’t turn out so well. Still sticking with my confidence that Slippery Rock is a much better team that Kutztown. SR dominated almost all aspects of the game and I’d pick them again without any hesitation. That Valdosta confidence was purely on my respect for the GSC. I thought that they were leagues better than the other conferences in SR2, but I was proven wrong.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X