Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimensions of women's softball field

Does anyone besides myself feel that moving the fences farther about 15 feet down the lines and about 20 feet in center would improve the game. Outfield would have more ground to cover putting a premium on defense and reward those with more power. I know this seems trivial to most but a 200 ft or less home run is not that impressive. Whether you agree or disagree chime in with an opinion just want to see how others feel.

Re: Dimensions of women's softball field

I don't think it needs to be changed. It's hard to compare apples to apples with the numbers I could find quickly, but college softball doesn't appear to have an inordinate number of home runs compared to college baseball. The individual leader in HR per game in D1 has .49 per game in softball, and .47 in baseball. Drop down to about 50th place, and it's .27 for softball (T49) and .28 for baseball (T46). In DII, the leaders have .50 per game in softball and .59 in baseball.

Comment

Most of the college softball games have rather low run totals. They are pitcher dominated. I watch slap hitters and think if you put the fences back it would encourage that even more- and I would rather see batters hit away.

BTW I was a singles hitter who stole bases who pitched, played center and second base. I know opening up the field would have gotten me more hits- and more extra base hits- but I'd leave the fences where they are.

Comment

Last edited by boatcapt; 09-22-2018, 03:39 PM.

Comment

implementing the both feet have to be in the batters box, really changed the game last yr..atleast for D1 softball..hope someday they allow the pitchers to hop off the rubber as its allowed in international leagues

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X