• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New bellarmine thread

Congrats on a great season.

Comment

Yes, congrats on another good season. Its hard to believe another one is in the books already.

Comment

Congratulations to BU on a great season and dominating the region. Last night was no indication of the success of your season as it only exemplifies that on any given night one team can dominate another. Remember that IU didn't dominate this season but they did beat Kansas and North Carolina. Again, congratulations and celebrate your student athletes successes!

Comment

congrats to BU on a great season...we were really hoping to meet you in the finals... The Pentagon would have been rocking with our 2 fan bases! We met many nice fans from BU as well as the dad of one of the players and a BU photographer.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
            congrats to BU on a great season...we were really hoping to meet you in the finals... The Pentagon would have been rocking with our 2 fan bases! We met many nice fans from BU as well as the dad of one of the players and a BU photographer.

Thanks. We met many new Bearcat fans We are staying over and will be in the pentagon to cheer you on in the final tomorrow.

Comment

• NW Missouri was not intimidated by the athleticism of Fairmont State. They never trailed and had an answer for every run in a dominating win. Just like Bellarmine in 2011 they won the national championship in their first appearance in the elite eight.

Comment

3 out of the last 5 for the state of Missouri. And from 3 different programs.

Comment

Originally posted by #1KnightFan View Post
                  NW Missouri was not intimidated by the athleticism of Fairmont State. They never trailed and had an answer for every run in a dominating win. Just like Bellarmine in 2011 they won the national championship in their first appearance in the elite eight.
                  Augustana did the same thing last year. Wonder how many other teams have done that. Sometimes a team is just ready, regardless of deep postseason experience.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                    Augustana did the same thing last year. Wonder how many other teams have done that. Sometimes a team is just ready, regardless of deep postseason experience.
                    Drury did the same thing in '13.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                      That ranking is downright funny. Bellarmine may end up a top 20 team by the end of the season, but unless the freshmen are extremely special players, this is likely to be the least successful BU team in 6 or 7 years. I am not down on the team in general and I am optimistic for the future, but this is going to look more like a rebuilding year.

Actually, this ranking is bad news, it just gives more motivation to our early opponents.
                      I obviously don't know sh*t.

Great season for the Knights, who are well positioned to be back in tropical Sioux Falls next year.

Comment

I obviously don't know sh*t.

Great season for the Knights, who are well positioned to be back in tropical Sioux Falls next year.
                        Might as well be what they put on my gravestone.

Comment

Likewise -- I thought this would be a rebuilding season, at least by BU standards. Shows what I know.

Great season, and I'm already looking forward to the next one. Thanks to the other teams' fans who posted those nice, congratulatory messages.

Comment

Another great year for the Knights, a job Well Done to all associated with the program.
                            I have Program Envy.

Comment

I am a little surprised that I didn't read that Scotty was being considered for any of the many coaching vacancies, some of them in the region, that have come open. I guess at 60, they are just not interested. Their loss is our gain, but I think these AD's are stupid. If he were succesful, they could get 10 years out of him, which is more than they would get out of young up and coming coach who was equally successful and would be out the door as soon as a bigger job got offered. The hire of a basketball coach at a D1 school is largely an exercise in public relations. If you announced hiring a 60 year old D2 coach, the media and fan base would have a stroke, it would make no difference that anybody who really knows something about basketball would recognize that he is a great basketball coach.

It has turned out that hiring a slightly older coach was the best move Bellarmine could make. In retrospect, you have to wonder why Scotty wasn't given a head coaching job well before Bellarmine hired him. It is kind of hard to imagine him as an assistant coach, it really doesn't fit his personality or talents.

Comment

I am a little surprised that I didn't read that Scotty was being considered for any of the many coaching vacancies, some of them in the region, that have come open. I guess at 60, they are just not interested. Their loss is our gain, but I think these AD's are stupid. If he were succesful, they could get 10 years out of him, which is more than they would get out of young up and coming coach who was equally successful and would be out the door as soon as a bigger job got offered. The hire of a basketball coach at a D1 school is largely an exercise in public relations. If you announced hiring a 60 year old D2 coach, the media and fan base would have a stroke, it would make no difference that anybody who really knows something about basketball would recognize that he is a great basketball coach.

It has turned out that hiring a slightly older coach was the best move Bellarmine could make. In retrospect, you have to wonder why Scotty wasn't given a head coaching job well before Bellarmine hired him. It is kind of hard to imagine him as an assistant coach, it really doesn't fit his personality or talents.
                                Hush now, don't be talking him up. Some place like Dayton might wise up and offer him the job. Can't have that! The thing is he is not just a great basketball coach but a great promoter as well. He takes his job as being one of, if not the spokesperson, for the Bellarmine way very seriously and is out there spreading the word. Ten years of having him to do that for a mid major is heckuva lot more valuable than 2 or 4 years from some young guy that doesn't know how to promote anything other than getting some high school kid to play basketball for him.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X